Panic Merchants

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

We’ve stumbled against Hearts, Aberdeen, and to celtic at Ibrox.  We’re 2 points behind.  We’ve yet to earn our place in the knockout stages of the Europa whereas they’re through.  We’ve been great this season but we’re still being outperformed.

Outperformed really? 1 goal behind before last nights fixture which were home to hamilton n away to aberdeen. 

If we win our next 2 games will we still be outperformed? 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TMB said:

Until we win something people will always question if we have players with a winning mentality.  We need to get things over the line.  It’s impossible to forget the last 7-8 years and even the players and manager a acknowledge it’s important to win things again.

Agree but sunday is our 1st chance this season to win something? 

They have gave us alot of gutsy performances so far this season and i dont think they will let us down on sunday

20 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We had an eye on the final once we went 2 up and were in cruise control and couldnt get back into it!

It was a one off in my eyes, sunday will prove that.

Think your spot on, took the eye off the ball (literally) and paid the price. They also had as bad a night but scraped a last minute winner. I watched their goal this morning and it carried luck as it went through a number of players legs on its way to the net. On the other hand we had no luck, should have had a stonewall penalty for whatever reason Beaton bottled out of giving (the abuse that’d be directed at him from the usual suspects may have subconsciously swayed his decision, I don’t believe he’s corrupt).

Do I think we’ll be up for Sunday... yes, there’s not much between the two teams but I think they’ll be over confident and I don’t see Morelos being as uncharacteristically unproductive as last night...

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Not blaming the fans, just very hypocritical if fans are saying we are beat on sunday already which there has been alot of on here in the last 12 hours

I think we’ll give them a game at the weekend.  I also think winning that final is more important to us than it is to them (especially now they’re ahead in the league with a game at Parkhead looming).  Them winning the cup at the weekend isn’t even worth thinking about.

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Not blaming the fans, just very hypocritical if fans are saying we are beat on sunday already which there has been alot of on here in the last 12 hours

It's human nature, we were doing well and looking different in mentality to what we have done in previous seasons. That was a big slap of reality last night. It doesn't necessarily mean we're fucked this season, but it could also mean our mentality has not improved a great deal from last season.

We'll see

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Outperformed really?

We’re 2 points behind so yes we’re being outperformed.  celtic have dropped 5 points in their first 15 games and we’ve failed to match that.

I think there’s been massive improvement this season but it’ll amount to nothing if we can’t match celtic.

Just now, Robmc1 said:

Think your spot on, took the eye off the ball (literally) and paid the price. They also had as bad a night but scraped a last minute winner. I watched their goal this morning and it carried luck as it went through a number of players legs on its way to the net. On the other hand we Had no luck, should have had a stonewall penalty for whatever reason Beaton bottled out of giving (the abuse that’d be directed at him from the usual suspects may have subconsciously swayed his decision, I don’t believe he’s corrupt).

Do I think we’ll be up for Sunday... yes, there’s not much between the two teams but I think they’ll be over confident and I don’t see Morelos being as uncharacteristically unproductive as last night...

If we play our game we will win on sunday, if we get involved in a battle like last night. We lose, morelos was a different player last night!

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

It doesn’t count if it is against a diddy team that we should be hammering. I would have thought that would be obvious?

if we nick a last minute winner against Alloa it’s lucky, not a winning mentality. If we get a last minute winner against the scum on Sunday it is mental strength. 

So Edu getting the break of the ball was the result of mental strength was it :lol:

3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

It's human nature, we were doing well and looking different in mentality to what we have done in previous seasons. That was a big slap of reality last night. It doesn't necessarily mean we're fucked this season, but it could also mean our mentality has not improved a great deal from last season.

We'll see

Surely we have shown a different mentality from first day of the season and various other games this season.

We will see i suppose 

Just now, Nk89 said:

If we play our game we will win on sunday, if we get involved in a battle like last night. We lose, morelos was a different player last night!

Don’t think we’re incapable of battling, just last night we basically just dropped our performance level after the second goal for whatever reason and were unable to pick the baton again.

Putting last night down to (as said) an uncharacteristic bad day in the office for Morelos fully expect him to be right up for Sunday.

Last night was/ is hard to take but we have it in our own hands to carry on in Europe, lift the first silverware of the season and go in to the new year ahead of celtic in the league. Let’s just re consolidate and continue to support SG and the team going forward...

24 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Surely we have shown a different mentality from first day of the season and various other games this season.

All that counts for nothing if we finish the season empty handed.  We NEED to win things.

3 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I see where you're coming from mate but surely luck evens out over a season. Whereas its hard to overstate the importance of a strong mentality in any sport as it  often sees the technically weaker side win.

I have been saying for a while Stevie should be using a Sports Psychologist to try and get these players to believe they can win cups and leagues, it seems so often we are beaten by ourselves rather than the opposition and last night was a perfect example. 

I am still hoping they prove many of us wrong and do it on Sunday, but my confidence is not too high at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We lost a two goal lead to a team with six defenders on the park, to a team and manager that is consistently labelled as bottlejobs etc. Nowhere near being anything but an absolute shocking result.

Totally agree when people are coming out with "ah well it's a good result a draw at pittodrie" c'mon to fuck I'm still raging.

22 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Don’t think we’re incapable of battling, just last night we basically just dropped our performance level after the second goal for whatever reason and were unable to pick the baton again.

Putting last night down to (as said) an uncharacteristic bad day in the office for Morelos fully expect him to be right up for Sunday.

Last night was/ is hard to take but we have it in our own hands to carry on in Europe, lift the first silverware of the season and go in to the new year ahead of celtic in the league. Let’s just re consolidate and continue to support SG and the team going forward...

Well said mate positive post! 👏👏

Some amount of people mentioning this dominant first 35/40 minutes. 

Games are 90 minutes long,you can't just turn up and play for a wee fucking half an hour then switch off. This habit we seem to have of having one good half and one shite half needs fucking addressed asap. 

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

All that counts for nothing if we finish the season empty handed.  We NEED to win things.

Result last night counts for nothing if we win things then, calm doon n look forward to celebrating on sunday 😁

38 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We will see i suppose 

I didn’t say we hadn’t improved our mentality, actually I said it looks like we had. But I simply stated our mentality may not have greatly different looking at last nights performance and result.

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We lost a two goal lead to a team with six defenders on the park, to a team and manager that is consistently labelled as bottlejobs etc. Nowhere near being anything but an absolute shocking result.

Trying to say anything other than that was a hellish performance from when the sheep got their first goal is being stupid. Yes we played a brilliant first 40 minutes but in a way that makes what happened after even more annoying. 

We can only hope this gives the players the kick up the arse before Sunday that they need. 

10 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Totally agree when people are coming out with "ah well it's a good result a draw at pittodrie" c'mon to fuck I'm still raging.

That’s the attitude that made us great, not “that result doesn’t really matter” or “a draw is a decent result” or “the ref robbed us”

Those are taig attitudes and a reason why they were always behind us. 

I’m fucking depressed after that result, and that’s the way it should be.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Theres a good chance we will be 5 behind them before the OF game as im sure they have one more game in december than we do

If they had 5 games  before we next played would we chuck in the towel because we were 17 points behind them? If we can get the points later we can get the points. 

I am still raging about the manner in which we threw away the points the other night. But I do think if each and everyone of our players bring their A game we will have more than enough to beat the scum. It's a one off cup final and if we are not up for that then god fucking help us.

Archived