*****Official Hibs v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

He doesn't do the eye catching stuff like Alfie does, bullying defenders, powerful runs, winning free kicks etc but his link ip play is definitely a strong point in his game. Some of his 1 touch lay offs were sublime last night and I actually think it's a part of Alfie game that has improved since Defoe joined aswell. It won't get the same notice as his goal record or his improvement in finishing or temperament, maybe because he can still be a little slack at times, but it's just another area where he's definitely getting better imo and I'm positive Defoe has had a part in that. 

Both players have different qualities but we have the two best strikers in the league.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Still don't think it was a red card for them, but everyone else including all the papers seem to think it was, so clearly I'm talking pish.

It was and you are!! :p:

8 hours ago, Spencer65 said:

A lot of nonsense posted on here as usual tonight however the truth is as soon as we went in front there was no danger because o our positive attitude ..... airbo Kent and jack were on it.....but they should b every game and too many many on here are giving them a free pass when they disapppear..... how many games did Barry Ferguson disappear correct none.

only saying let's not get carried away. Ryan jack had his own way I midfield and that won't happen every week....but sorry if I point out the obvious and somebody will call me a Tim.

Oh my days. :duh:  Ryan Jack has been immense most of the season and is only getting better. Why are you acting like a fanny? We won and won comfortably just enjoy it (unless of course you are a “tim” then you should be worried because the Rangers are back). 

A lot of nonsense posted on here as usual tonight however the truth is as soon as we went in front there was no danger because o our positive attitude ..... airbo Kent and jack were on it.....but they should b every game and too many many on here are giving them a free pass when they disapppear..... how many games did Barry Ferguson disappear correct none.

only saying let's not get carried away. Ryan jack had his own way I midfield and that won't happen every week....but sorry if I point out the obvious and somebody will call me a Tim.

Mong 

35 minutes ago, jintybear said:

It was and you are!! :p:

Oh my days. :duh:  Ryan Jack has been immense most of the season and is only getting better. Why are you acting like a fanny? We won and won comfortably just enjoy it (unless of course you are a “tim” then you should be worried because the Rangers are back). 

He's a pape. It's one of most obvious ones in a whole, well apart from his lover who was posting the other night 

So did the Hibs manager give instructions on which player was to get booked in a specific order ? Interesting that their dirty play stopped after the sending off so some instruction must have been given otherwise they would have continued to clatter in to us.  The McGregor / Hoarding foul was ignored by the ref though.

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I was over that end as well mate. I know my wee yin and that went elsewhere to stand, few of our boys all fucked off from that bit to middle of the stand were the UB boys were 

There were loads of empty seats mate . Strange 

I take the mheejah sports pages are awash with outrage at the shocking behaviour on and off the park last night by the junkies from leith ?  Or are they waxing lyrical on a fantastic away performance by The Rangers ? Haven't checked yet as I'm just out of a whisky stupor.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Could’ve been loads like me. I had a ticket for the upper, scanned it, didn’t work went to the other side of the stadium and they scanned me into the lower mate. 

Funny you should say that mate neither did my auld mans the steward opened the gate 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Smile said:

The link up play when we have Defoe upfront improves 100% watched the game back and thought Defoe had a quieter game but after watching it again I changed my mid his overall play was very good and Hibs struggled with his movement.

I thought he was bullied a bit and not in it much but interesting you said your opinion completely changed after watching it again and without the pressure or stress  of watching a live game  

19 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I take the mheejah sports pages are awash with outrage at the shocking behaviour on and off the park last night by the junkies from leith ?  Or are they waxing lyrical on a fantastic away performance by The Rangers ? Haven't checked yet as I'm just out of a whisky stupor.

Haven’t been out either ,would bet they are more concerned about the hearts player calling lego out for being protected 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Haven’t been out either ,would bet they are more concerned about the hearts player calling lego out for being protected 

Aye they'll deflect to something else probably but the vitriol shown to Rangers staff by the spoonburners coaching staff at one point was there for all to see. But what a performance eh, at the end of the day that's the way to stick it up them.

39 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Aye they'll deflect to something else probably but the vitriol shown to Rangers staff by the spoonburners coaching staff at one point was there for all to see. But what a performance eh, at the end of the day that's the way to stick it up them.

Great performance agreed ,only lacked another few goals like most of our games lately ,somebody is going to get it soon though 

12 hours ago, Spencer65 said:

Only Tims call themselves tims, they’re fenian bastards 👍🏻

16 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Comments section just shows the mentality of the pricks that throw things at players. 
The game in Scotland is so filled with hate its beyond belief. 
When we win 55 folk are going to get killed because things are so out of hand these days. 

Archived