Lee Wallace

Vision

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Docspawn said:

No pleasing some folk, Wallace stayed on to captain us through darks days and still gets stick.. Would have been easier for him to leave like so many others at the time.

Has my respect. 

What you quickly realise, is that this forum is dominated by half a dozen keyboard warriors who seem to have an opinion on every single thread and have fuck all else to do than post on here 24/7.

You'll see them with tens of thousands of posts (quite literally) spunking nonsense about how every single player to have left Rangers is shite. If you ignore the bully boy mob, some posts can be quite interesting.

Today's offerings include.......

"King is shite"

"Wallace is shite"

"Grezda is shite"

"Polster is shite"

13 hours ago, Goianegra said:

How anyone on here can ever have a bad word to say about Lee Wallace is seriously beyond me. 

The man himself, totally agree.

His ability? I think it's fair to question it. I always thought he wasn't that good a player and I'll not change my opinion on that due to nostalgia or because he's a good guy.

Cannot understand why people have problems with Lee Wallace. 

Stood by us at the worst times and captained us through the most difficult times we have had as a club. A period when he had to play with journeymen and charlatans and with  the most inept of management teams. 

Probably cost him a lot of appearances at international level too as we floundered in lower divisions.

The spat with Murty only showed to me even more he was passionate about our club. Was unfortunate with injuries too, but do fans really believe he was happy with that, and deliberately took advantage. 

Wish him the best of luck and will always be welcome at Ibrox, where he will get the real respect he deserves.

8 hours ago, tannerall said:

Cannot understand why people have problems with Lee Wallace. 

Stood by us at the worst times and captained us through the most difficult times we have had as a club. A period when he had to play with journeymen and charlatans and with  the most inept of management teams. 

Probably cost him a lot of appearances at international level too as we floundered in lower divisions.

The spat with Murty only showed to me even more he was passionate about our club. Was unfortunate with injuries too, but do fans really believe he was happy with that, and deliberately took advantage. 

Wish him the best of luck and will always be welcome at Ibrox, where he will get the real respect he deserves.

top comment on this thread, Im still saddended by the club/board on his departure, that he was not publicly thanked for his services, commitment to the club  at its lowest point.  Lee Wallace is more of a "legend" than any our current squad for that. The word legend is often over used....

21 hours ago, Goianegra said:

How anyone on here can ever have a bad word to say about Lee Wallace is seriously beyond me. 

Sfunny how people remember him. Some say he was a hero and legend for tupeing over and staying to play for us in the arse end of Scottish football as captain and talisman 

others say he had a very decent wage playing in the arse end of Scottish football after refusing to drag his family down to Wolves and allowing us some much needed transfer cash. He also stayed too long at us whilst pulling a wage for not kicking a ball for nearly a whole season. 

what I remember is his limited footballing ability and the anger I felt watching fucking plumbers and candlestick makers skip by him as we couldn’t get out of the fucking championship at the first time of asking 

good luck to him though, I hope he does well 

45 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sfunny how people remember him. Some say he was a hero and legend for tupeing over and staying to play for us in the arse end of Scottish football as captain and talisman 

others say he had a very decent wage playing in the arse end of Scottish football after refusing to drag his family down to Wolves and allowing us some much needed transfer cash. He also stayed too long at us whilst pulling a wage for not kicking a ball for nearly a whole season. 

what I remember is his limited footballing ability and the anger I felt watching fucking plumbers and candlestick makers skip by him as we couldn’t get out of the fucking championship at the first time of asking 

He's no Barisic granted but Wallace was some player in his day, think that's harsh on him tbh

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's no Barisic granted but Wallace was some player in his day, think that's harsh on him tbh

He was excellent for about 8 months with us after he moved from heartz 

the rest of his time he was fairly limited and plagued with injury poor form and sometimes looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

That’s just my opinion btw (based on missing only a handful of home games since 2011)

Others feel differently and that’s OK. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Could have fucked off, fucked Rangers over and came back a better player and be loved by everyone but a select few. 

The reaction against Aberdeen is exactly the reception he deserved.

On 06/01/2020 at 23:43, King Jela said:

Some ratty patter on this thread. The guy essentially gave up his career to captain us throw our lowest moment since 1971. He might not have been the best but he was sure as fuck better than the hammer throwing leagues he was playing in. 

This coming from the guy who calls our current captain brain dead and thick.

Complaining about "ratty patter" ffs.

Archived