***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I know this game is on premier sports but will it be on Rangers tv also if you have an unlimited subscription. Just asking before I get onto virgin to get premier for the month. 

You’ll be getting premier till after Scottish cup final day then you can cancel 

37 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I hope so mate and this time we win the cup. So I take it it's not on Rangers tv then ?

Sorry mate I’m not actually sure 😂 will probably be available for folk overseas but doubt the U.K. will have any coverage other than premier, or iptv if you have that sort of thing installed on your tv 

4 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

You’ll be getting premier till after Scottish cup final day then you can cancel 

Final will be on BBC, so cancel after Semi at latest.

Expect Premier to be in for taking up the BT Sport games next season. No doubt try and sell you a cheap subscription beforehand.

8 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I am actually pure buzzing for the game tomorrow.  It's been far too long since our last competitive game actually who did we beat again ? 🤔

It's dragged on, this break, worse than any international break - got that new season feeling,  but with the advantage we have to rise further in the next 3 months.

9 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

When I heard this stuff about Tavernier I immediately thought of Polster.

He's ready to prove himself and his time is now.

Likewise. The opportunity has presented itself to prove himself.

From the bits we've seen of him, I think  he has it in him and sadly there are some who hope he doesn't.

IF he doesn't start I would say that's the end of him.

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Stranraer aren't the issue, it's the idea of him playing anyone else after that 

Has he had a real chance to prove if he has what it takes... probably not. Give him a couple of games when Tav's out, and take it from there. If he's not good enough, ship him out in the summer. It must be hard for someone that doesn't get regular game time to show what he can do. 

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The idea that it’s better to play a young inexperienced lad that’s never played at this level before two experienced professionals is laughable. 

Not really if he’s significantly more talented (not saying he is or isn’t btw).

Polster (and more so Flanagan) have hit levels in their development, if Paterson’s potential level is higher than that then it makes total sense. Otherwise you’d never see another youth player unless there was the ultimate injury crisis.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A lot of noise is made about our youth set-up but if none of them can be trusted enough to start against Stranraer at Ibrox then questions should be asked.

Virtually every Scottish Premiership team have teenagers starting every week.

The colts have already beaten them this year. 

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really if he’s significantly more talented (not saying he is or isn’t btw).

Polster (and more so Flanagan) have hit levels in their development, if Paterson’s potential level is higher than that then it makes total sense. Otherwise you’d never see another youth player unless there was the ultimate injury crisis.

So you don’t know if he is any better but because he is being hailed as the next big thing (another one) he should be played. 

If you want to bring young players in you do it when we are 3-0 up, especially when it’s in defence or you do it in meaningless games. 

Archived