Stranraer...St Mirren...now Hearts...

Virtuoso

6 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Not making any excuses for Rangers today, but the fixture list puzzles me, we had a hard run of away games in November and December, in which we done well, but it always seems the tarriers play first and the pressure is on us to catch up, games in hand are fine, but I'd like to see how they bastards respond if we were sitting with our feet up watching them kick off 5 points behind, maybe I'm just pissed off and clutching at straws, but everything always seems to favour they reptile bastards. 

Their run of away games is a joke to compared to our December , only Motherwell on the Wednesday night have a tiny possibility of taking anything even then I can’t see it 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a team set up for full backs to offer width, take the ball in midfield triangles with, and to overlap and push the opposition back.

Flannigan doesn't offer any of that. You can't swap in Polster/ Flannigan and have the team play the same. Should have played the young boy, he fits that system.

Defoe was isolated all game, fuck knows why we continued to lob it long to Aribo. He may be tall but wins fuck all in the air.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard to blame for selecting Flanagan. Our whole style was disrupted again as he offers no attacking flair needed from our full backs. The rest of the team picked itself other than maybe Arfield starting.

Given how bad so many were, I'm puting vast majority of the blame for today on the players.

He'd little quality on the bench too. But he's been guilty of signing quantity over quality and now has to pay the price to deal with this before better can be brought in.

Great post mate not enough quality but should still be good enough for this league. look how we have played the so called best team in the league off the park more than once. And in Europe yet blow it time after time when the going gets tough.

6 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Not making any excuses for Rangers today, but the fixture list puzzles me, we had a hard run of away games in November and December, in which we done well, but it always seems the tarriers play first and the pressure is on us to catch up, games in hand are fine, but I'd like to see how they bastards respond if we were sitting with our feet up watching them kick off 5 points behind, maybe I'm just pissed off and clutching at straws, but everything always seems to favour they reptile bastards. 

Might be right, but that just shows this team lacks the bottle and strength of character to go out and get the job done. We might have been 5 pts behind, but we were in the driving seat....win our games, win the league.

Fucked it and handed back the momentum to them. They won't let it go.

Just now, Cedrick said:

They’re run of away games is a joke to compared to our December , only Motherwell on the Wednesday night have a tiny possibility of taking anything even then I can’t see it 

Exactly mate, they never seem to get the pressure piled on, fuck, even when we beat them a few weeks back, we were still 2 points behind!!!!

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

We have a team set up for full backs to offer width, take the ball in midfield triangles with, and to overlap and push the opposition back.

Flannigan doesn't offer any of that. You can't swap in Polster/ Flannigan and have the team play the same. Should have played the young boy, he fits that system.

Defoe was isolated all game, fuck knows why we continued to lob it long to Aribo. He may be tall but wins fuck all in the air.

I’m a fan of Davis but there were instances on Wednesday he was centre of goal 20/25 yards out and would play it 45 yards away from goal to Barisic wide to cross it , that makes no sense to me 

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Exactly mate, they never seem to get the pressure piled on, fuck, even when we beat them a few weeks back, we were still 2 points behind!!!!

Bang on , back to hoping they drop points again when before today it didn’t matter a fuck what they did 

9 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

We've had umpteen opportunities to make this happen.

We've shat it. Every single time.

Agree with most things said. I also think SG and successive managers have to take a share of the blame for the lack of depth in the squad. Our youngsters never get a realistic chance to develop. I think we must be the only team in the league where this is the case, yet the reserve teams do very well in competitions. I just don't get that. Also, we've bought a huge amount of dross. 

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So what about the poor displays and restults before this? Shouldn't need another kick up the arse, just proves when plan A doesn't work we are clueless. 

Today was horrific, that's the worst Hearts team I can rember who are in turmoil both on and off the park. 

As previous seasons have shown us we just can't trust this team. The mentality is horrendous. 

If the team can't get up for a title push where it Was in our hands then we might as well call it quits

You can't just ignore all the positives we've seen the last couple of months . We've qualified past the group stages in Europe , we've outplayed the tarriers twice  , we've beaten our closest challengers in their own backyard in a difficult December fixture list and generally we've played some of the best football I've seen in years . That takes a bit of strength and determination . 

The problem is we thought we'd done the hard work after that difficult spell , and all we had to do was turn up today , which was plainly wrong because Hearts are always capable of being difficult at home , and you'll always be in trouble if you don't  match them for effort which we clearly failed to do . 

I don't disagree with you on mentality , it's something I've often accused Rangers on in lacking in the past  , but I'll give it a bit more time before I accuse them of not being mentally strong enough just now . I'm hoping for a reaction from today , but there's no doubting the importance on how Rangers handle the next three home games . 

That knocked my plug in today like all of us..but we still in this title race and I would luv it just luv if we beat them....(Keegans kick off when Newcastle were pushing Man utd in 1996). But all jokes aside if we win game in hand and celtic will drop points coz they aren't exactly klopp's Liverpool...and we win the next old firm then it's still all to play for. Am just as passionate as the Next Rangers supporter..and we are well over due domestic success,-Rant over!!

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

The players aren't performing. How is that Gerrard's fault? Look at the bench today. His choices are dismal. The squad is not as strong as he thinks and that is his fault. To think that we didn't need to add in January was naive.  

The team isn’t performing and you don’t think that’s Stevies fault??

He trains them, he picks the team, he sorts the tactics and formation, he is the only man that can actually change the game during the 90 mins. 

But it isn’t his fault. 

45 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Tav played in the 1-1 draw at Tynecastle. 
What was the excuse that day??

And Polster have us plenty of width in the second half

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The team isn’t performing and you don’t think that’s Stevies fault??

He trains them, he picks the team, he sorts the tactics and formation, he is the only man that can actually change the game during the 90 mins. 

But it isn’t his fault. 

The squad is not as strong as he thinks it is and that is his fault. When you have no recognized striker on the bench and you ask a 38 year old to play 90 minutes then it is a problem.

But picking that team and then 8 of them underperformed is hard to blame the boss. We have played 4-3-3 all year and because we lost, he got the tactics wrong? Playing Flanagan was wrong, I will give you that.

We have zero strength in depth. A very worrying fact considering how much we've spent since he came in. The fact he is not even willing to give youngsters like Zak Rudden or equivalent a run speaks volumes for me in his faith in our youth system.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm concerned about Aberdeen and Hibs if Flanagan starts at RB tbh.

If Polster did't earn that shirt ahead of Flanagan today then he may as well fuck off back to Chicago ( just leave his wife in Glasgow). Patterson didn't deserve to lose the shirt either.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

More chance of them dropping points at Livi than Motherwell.

Hopefully, just scunnered we’re already back in the situation somebody will say on Wednesday that’s the tarriers winning and deflation when before today it didn’t matter a fuck 

Archived