We need to get behind SG and the team - they have been excellent and can still win the league

Blue_Devil

41 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Europe will have an impact - I expect them to go a round further at least, on account of their easier draw. 

The problem is we don't look capable of putting a run together.

Agreed. I'm not for one minute saying we can even go on a run up to the split, never mind after then, but it's still a possibility. Looking at the games left before the split and there isn't a game in particular, outside the scum, that worries me. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Hamilton away is a good result as is their draw with us.

They have been lacking goals and brought Main into the picture. They are not playing badly. They are turning it around.

See how that mob enjoy 70mph winds up by the North Sea. It’s not an easy game.

1-3. Predicted score.

3 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Over the season we have been excellent and have a record that would put us top of most leagues in Europe. Plenty teams have had a stumble and are back on their way back to the top, from Plymouth to Bayern Munich.

The important thing is to get calm, determined heads back on, and the crowd can help with that.

SG has picked up an average of 2.4 points per game. To put it in context, here are our points per game from 9 in a row (adjusted to 3 points for a win):

1988/89: 2.27

1989/90: 1.97

1990/91: 2.19

1991/92: 2.38

1992/93: 2.41*

1993/94: 1.81

1994/95: 1.91

1995/96: 2.42*

1996/97: 2.22

So the current team have results on a par with the most prolific 9 in a row teams. Only 2 have a better points per game than the current Rangers team (marked with *). A win tomorrow would put SG this season on a higher points per game than any season from 9IAR.

It is a different era and a different context but this team has also gone further in Europe than many of the 9IAR teams. SG's results are not just about a poor SPFL. This team does not deserve abuse. The league is not over, others will drop points. We have a game in hand and 2 games to come against the leaders. We have battered them twice and can do so again. Now is the time for calm, clinical heads.

I wish I took drugs.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Difference is the rest of the league are now utter dogshit and put up zero challenge to the filth. 

Comparing our average points with previous years means nothing.

Only thing to compare with is how many the filth have.

Aberdeen and Killie especially there work rate against us compared to celtic is frightening. 

21 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

I know mate, we shat it last year, they cantered the league, pressure off, we went on a wee run, we have to string wins together while we are still in contention. 

Definitely. If it is too far gone the least we can do is take the chance to lower the points gap to as low as possible and restore a bit of pride. If they end up still winning the league because they beat everyone else then all you can do is hold your hands up and say fair play tbh, but no point in chucking it, downing tools and just playing through the motions. The game's are still coming thick and fast regardless of what we think, might as well put everything into winning those games. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The problem doesn't lie in us getting behind the team, it's the players believing in themselves and beginning to start acting like they want to win a championship. 

Cannot see it in them. If they never had the hunger when they where a point behind at New year with a game in hand then they will never have the hunger.

Its fell flat on its arse safe to say. And I have ZERO trust in these players. But I am hoping to be proved wrong.

Our club is a target for pundits and media in the country desperate to destabilise us because we are challenging their favourite clubs chase for the 10 in a row.

The disgusting treatment of Alfredo Morelos culminating in racial abuse against him being acceptable to some is sickening.

The targeting of Jim Traynor. Whether you like the guy or not, which most don’t, the attack on him comes after comments made by a Rangers hating bastard in Michael Stewart. 

We simply must back the team or we are as well as giving up on this season. 

We need to stop those fuckers at Torbett Towers because no one else will. 

Time for Rangers to stand up, manager, players and fans. 

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Our club is a target for pundits and media in the country desperate to destabilise us because we are challenging their favourite clubs chase for the 10 in a row.

The disgusting treatment of Alfredo Morelos culminating in racial abuse against him being acceptable to some is sickening.

The targeting of Jim Traynor. Whether you like the guy or not, which most don’t, the attack on him comes after comments made by a Rangers hating bastard in Michael Stewart. 

We simply must back the team or we are as well as giving up on this season. 

We need to stop those fuckers at Torbett Towers because no one else will. 

Time for Rangers to stand up, manager, players and fans. 

It's a given we get behind the team and the club.

The problem is the board is not. Racism, cheating refs, media attacks. Only they can sort these issues. No one else, so it will just continue and ultimately the fans will vote with their feet as the ultimate prize becomes unattainable in a rigged competition and it will be all too late as we are sullied into mediocrity.

Tough game for them tomorrow and if they stumble - and I think they will - it could be the fillip we need.  I'm behind the team and sometimes my passion can get the better of me - there are times I catch myself yelling at the tv and then there are other times when I let it all go.  Both my wife and my dog give me the strangest looks when I scream at players, refs etc.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The problem doesn't lie in us getting behind the team, it's the players believing in themselves and beginning to start acting like they want to win a championship. 

It boggles the mind that people still think that the fans backing the players is the reliant factor this season.

How many showed up for East Fife on the first game of SFL3? Raith in the Challenge Cup Final? Against the Tarriers for any of the games - yes plural - when they stuck 4 and 5 past us?

It makes me genuinely angry when I hear “we need to stick behind the team”. We fucking have. Now more than ever. And guess what? We’ll continue to. But these cunts are on money beyond our wildest dreams. And they have the talent in the football industry that justifies that. The least they could fucking do is learn that Rangers is all that fucking matters. That our results against them and out with them are all that fucking matters. 

That in the words of the late Fernando Ricksen, that second means fuck all.

The fans have done enough.

The responsibility lies at that Rangers football team.

6 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Aberdeen and Killie especially there work rate against us compared to celtic is frightening. 

Thing is, while these teams inevitably lift their work rate against us, its because we give them the opportunity, the tarriers dont, they batter these teams into submission before they have any ideas of defending for a point or 3

We start so turgid and slow and shite that after 20mins teams have a chance of a point or 3 against us so they get confidence, they get the bit between their teeth

4 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Tough game for them tomorrow and if they stumble - and I think they will - it could be the fillip we need.  I'm behind the team and sometimes my passion can get the better of me - there are times I catch myself yelling at the tv and then there are other times when I let it all go.  Both my wife and my dog give me the strangest looks when I scream at players, refs etc.

They won't stumble

We've backed everybody, be it Ian Black, Pedro, Pena or Murty, we've puffed our chests out and backed the lot, we've gave this current team everything, if we played a game on the moon we'd sell out our allocation - time the manager and the players gave us something back. I want something tangible, we dominated but lost a cup final, we threw away top spot in the Europa and about €800k in the last minute of the campaign, we're one bad result away from throwing any kind of hope of sustaining a league title challange and there's still a third of games left to play.

Points tallies, points per game, goals scored and big game performances have improved massively but were still no winning things, time for the players to go that extra mile and really make the fans believe it's possible, if they're no good enough to do that (and they might just not be) then it's upto the Board to find the necessary funds to bring in players who can.

It’s works both ways, the manager and players get the fans full backing from the minute they arrive at Ibrox, however once they’ve let us down as these lot have this month they now have to prove they’re worth backing. They have to show the fans they hurt as much as us, that they want to stop the taigs as much as us and most of all they love and respect the badge they wear as much as us. So far it’s very few of them I can honestly say are showing that.

The club have had nothing but backing. From the sold out season tickets in an era that celtic are utterly dominant to packing the place out for europa league games.

These super fan war crys are boring me to death. Nobody has stopped supporting the team, it’s time for the players and managers to reciprocate the effort and passion and get their fucking fingers out their arse. 

Archived