*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally agree with the teams Gerrard puts out but not today.  Kent should be on the bench, Kamberi or Stewart in the starting line-up.  As for Halliday, if that's the best we have in reserve then so be it.   

Ojo back on the bench - not for me and Barker as well, still not sure about him as he doesn't get much game time. 

Unless we get an early goal, it will be a hard slog - St Johnstone ffs.  At least we'll get a decent sized support today despite the weather.

Kent must be one of those players a manager has that can almost never be dropped.  Again playing and hoping that this front 3 can click and really do damage,  for me we either start with hagi or Kent and not both.   This type of lineup that leaves us outnumbered in the midfield needs to be practised in the summer and also would need a player that is box to box in the midfield 3.

wrong line up imo and it will only make it harder for us so instead of thinking we’ll win 3-0 I’m going 2-1 or even 1-1

8 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Halliday hasn't let us down when called upon since Gerrard came in. A far better option than Flanagan. 

What's the chances of Andy rolling about as if he'd been shot from a crossbow.  I'll give it around ten minutes tops.

2 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Normally agree with the teams Gerrard puts out but not today.  Kent should be on the bench, Kamberi or Stewart in the starting line-up.  As for Halliday, if that's the best we have in reserve then so be it.   

Ojo back on the bench - not for me and Barker as well, still not sure about him as he doesn't get much game time. 

Unless we get an early goal, it will be a hard slog - St Johnstone ffs.  At least we'll get a decent sized support today despite the weather.

I thought Alfie has linked up well with Kamberi when he's come on.  Kent is well off it just now.

21 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

Gerrard is as stubborn as Warburton 

I think Gerrard has been stubborn but made brave substitutions on Thursday night that suggest he is learning and growing as  a manager.

Warburton wasn't stubborn imo. Just a clueless cunt that had one idea of how to play football and one idea only. 

Archived