Probably the worst I've felt as a fan .......... and I'm in my 70's

The Widow's Son

26 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I know where hes coming from.

From the euphoria of wednesday to not showing up against the worst side in the league within 3 days  .

Gerrard not playing morellos was wrong . Stewart showed why hes not picked . Against sides like hearts and killie etc he must change the system . 433 is great in europe or against the filth cos we get space but against cloggers we must be tight at the back and give their shit defences something to do with 2 strikers.

Just my opinion

Any eleven from that squad should be able to turn over the worst Hearts team in a decade and without the usual favourite first picks, much more honestly at that.

Alfie was late and deserved his punishment and outwith him, that starting line up was filled with the usual first picks and if we can't demolish that dross, we deserve fuck all. No Aflie is no excuse for defeat and certainly not the manner of that defeat, but we have been there before, so no surprise for me.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Have to agree with 2012 being terrible and I’m an old timer also. But also have to throw in the scums run in 60’s early 70’s. JG times as manager with really low crowds and my worst match memory has to be Berwick Rangers.

Worst memory was the disaster in 1971 though which puts todays problems into perspective.

Exactly.

Yes, we are all pissed off with how things have went recently, but it's hardly the end of the World. We are still in the best place we have been since 2012, despite the recent calamities. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, or turn this into a bigger catastrophe than it actually is. Alot of drama queens around nowadays. Manufacturing problems, and making mountains out of molehills.

12 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Not much to say.  I've seen some dire times through the years (decades?) but this is probably the worst.  Maybe the fans are too good for this club - we cheer home and away, spent hard-earned cash to follow, follow over great distances, pass on the mission to our children and grandchildren, remain loyal and staunch in the lean times, sing our song in a thousand cities, fly the flag in a nation that despises us.  And our return??

Unfortunately it's up there with the worst, and there's one or two contributing factors to this for your emotions, by now we should have enough in the locker to win something at this stage,  league cup  final being one of them but there's something in the psyche just not there.  Plus you think where do we go from here and believe you me that is a big question.  And uncomfortably especially for those of us of who've seen a fair bit and don't accept defeat readily there's a mental state where a lot have got used to second best, third even.  Winning is a state of mind especially at Rangers and there is those who should be instilling this into the team but it isn't happening. We are abhorred in this country by not only the football world but by the those in power. Only with mental toughness and ruthlessness can we win and rise above it. But it needs to come from the top, the ground troops are doing their bit and more. And it needs done soon.

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I’m being honest I fully expected that today so it’s hard for it to be the worst I’ve felt.

Same. Anyone with eyes in their heed seen that coming. I'm only surprised we lost by 1 goal.

In many ways that's the worst thing about it. Going into a make it break the season game against utter dross and expecting to lose.

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

So you are feeling good then? Just another ho-hum loss?

You don’t have to feel good to recognize that yesterday was in no way worse than failing to win a trophy designed for Sunday footballers or losing 5 goals against the bheasts  at Ibrox 

12 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

So you're in your 70s, and today is the worst you've felt? 

Even during the 60's..... and 1967..... and 1998.... and 2012.... 

You sir,  are a taig. 

Fucking bang out of order

2 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Same. Anyone with eyes in their heed seen that coming. I'm only surprised we lost by 1 goal.

In many ways that's the worst thing about it. Going into a make it break the season game against utter dross and expecting to lose.

I said yesterday we go into every game hoping for the best but expecting the worst. When you think of the standard of opposition we've faced  in Scotland since the break it really is shite. We should be blowing Hearts and St Johnstone away with ease.

I get what the OP is saying,  I just don't think he worded it right, I'm an auld yin as well and followed The Rangers for over six decades so I've watched us through the late 60's, through the 70's-80's etc when times were really grim, but even through all that when we were finishing 4th-5th in the league I always had the feeling that at least the players were trying, shite as they may have been, at least they were trying,  yesterday  though I can understand what @The Widow's Son is getting at, not one of those players wearing my clubs jersey gave a fuck, and that's unforgivable,  they were just going through the motions, not one had any heart  for the battle that they knew was coming, and it's been happening far to much recently, I can accept getting beaten if we have put an effort in but yesterday to me like @The Widow's Son was a completely new low for me, the white flag was waving long before the final whistle, it's just heartbreaking to witness those who are allowed to pull on a Rangers jersey, they spit on the history of this institution and if other posters think that this is hyperbole as well then they have no idea how much The Rangers means to me.

4 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Unfortunately it's up there with the worst, and there's one or two contributing factors to this for your emotions, by now we should have enough in the locker to win something at this stage,  league cup  final being one of them but there's something in the psyche just not there.  Plus you think where do we go from here and believe you me that is a big question.  And uncomfortably especially for those of us of who've seen a fair bit and don't accept defeat readily there's a mental state where a lot have got used to second best, third even.  Winning is a state of mind especially at Rangers and there is those who should be instilling this into the team but it isn't happening. We are abhorred in this country by not only the football world but by the those in power. Only with mental toughness and ruthlessness can we win and rise above it. But it needs to come from the top, the ground troops are doing their bit and more. And it needs done soon.

Well said.

6 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I get what the OP is saying,  I just don't think he worded it right, I'm an auld yin as well and followed The Rangers for over six decades so I've watched us through the late 60's, through the 70's-80's etc when times were really grim, but even through all that when we were finishing 4th-5th in the league I always had the feeling that at least the players were trying, shite as they may have been, at least they were trying,  yesterday  though I can understand what @The Widow's Son is getting at, not one of those players wearing my clubs jersey gave a fuck, and that's unforgivable,  they were just going through the motions, not one had any heart  for the battle that they knew was coming, and it's been happening far to much recently, I can accept getting beaten if we have put an effort in but yesterday to me like @The Widow's Son was a completely new low for me, the white flag was waving long before the final whistle, it's just heartbreaking to witness those who are allowed to pull on a Rangers jersey, they spit on the history of this institution and if other posters think that this is hyperbole as well then they have no idea how much The Rangers means to me.

:tu:

Not the worst I have felt after a defeat mate ......but definitely a contender for the most pathetic performance from a Rangers team I have personally witnessed in a long while ... both collectively and individually ..... it drains the euphoria felt after Wednesday's great result .... and I know what Widow's son means about feeling shit at the difference in performances ...... night and day .... enough to fuck up any rational thought process ..... how anyone of us manage to stay sane is as big a mystery as our inconsistent form.

🇬🇧

17 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Not much to say.  I've seen some dire times through the years (decades?) but this is probably the worst.  Maybe the fans are too good for this club - we cheer home and away, spent hard-earned cash to follow, follow over great distances, pass on the mission to our children and grandchildren, remain loyal and staunch in the lean times, sing our song in a thousand cities, fly the flag in a nation that despises us.  And our return??

What a load of senile pish.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

You’re pathetic.

Yip it’s my middle name , I though you knew who I was.

The defeat yesterday was not good but it was far away from being the worst feeling as aRangers fan, 
Anyone at the semifinal v that lots 3 years ago will have felt a whole lot worse for starters

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

Yip it’s my middle name , I though you knew who I was.

The defeat yesterday was not good but it was far away from being the worst feeling as aRangers fan, 
Anyone at the semifinal v that lots 3 years ago will have felt a whole lot worse for starters

We’re all flat as fuck but it was a shite way to respond to a fellow Bear who’s suffering like the rest of us. It’s hyperbolic not senile, as I’ve felt much worse about Rangers over the years but this is hard to take as I really felt we had the beating of the rattlers this season. 

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Such rubbish in this post  and I’ve had a season ticket for 33 years - one of our best runs in Europe 2nd in the league and a developing team - there have been much darker days than this - get a fking grip 

The irony of you calling out rubbish posts :lol:

Archived