Probably the worst I've felt as a fan .......... and I'm in my 70's

The Widow's Son

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Watched Jon Daly and Francisco Sandaza up front but I’m genuinely deflated now, for the first time in a very long time. They just don’t deserve our support 

The present group of players don’t and the people that run our club most definitely don’t 

That is about as low as it gets 

Our support are the one true thing that deserves success 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Watched Jon Daly and Francisco Sandaza up front but I’m genuinely deflated now, for the first time in a very long time. They just don’t deserve our support 

First time I genuinely thought they didn’t deserve our support was the petrofact final at Easter road. Honestly hadn’t had that thought until that day. Had it plenty of time’s since. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

The present group of players don’t and the people that run our club most definitely don’t 

Stood at Alloa when they beat us 3-2 and thought where the fuck do we go from here. 
Weve progressed I agree, but like I’ve said no Rangers manager whose spent the best part of £20 million and has imploded twice after January on the brink of 2 trebles for the tarriers in a row deserves another chance. Simple as that

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

At 46 I should know better but for some twisted reason I let myself have the same unrealistic expectations as o did when I was about 10 lol. 

Easy done mate .Our passion for the club we love takes us to levels of optimism .And especially after Wednesday 

I truly just don’t today though .It just feels really like fraud 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I’ll admit I was a bit worried going down the leagues might see Ibrox as empty as the early 80s. It’s remarkable we filled it watching the worst football I’ve ever seen. Nothing now will see our numbers drop if that didn’t, I honestly think we are a support like no other and we are over due a team  to match that. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Im 33 so grew up during 9iar. As bad as our form has been, games like braga shown what we are capable of. Rather than take the view of 'ah well we've fucked it' I'd rather remain optimistic. We probably won't win the league but until its done mathematically, who knows what could happen. 

Plus, I have to write about this stuff all day, five days a week. If I approach it from. The perspective that everything's fucked, I'd very quickly hate my job. Helicopter Sunday won't happen every year but we've seen it happen. Why can't it happen again? 

Fair enough answer. This week I was reminded of my first Euro away game, Leverkusen on a bus what a fucking trip, the league is still possible as is Europa as it stands however talking of bookies nobodies thinking that's going to work out. You are obviously a glass half full guy but I am full of beer and thoroughly pissed off with the way our domestic season seems to have fallen apart, at least allow me that!

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

First time I genuinely thought they didn’t deserve our support was the petrofact final at Easter road. Honestly hadn’t had that thought until that day. Had it plenty of time’s since. 

Since that very day 

It’s as if our club have been on a mission to embarrass our support 

Many young bears just can’t grasp how powerful we once were .Losing one big game was followed by 2 /3 major wins .That is what we’re back then 
Now the stench of losing is like a plague .With the odd moment of glory like Wednesday night 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’ll admit I was a bit worried going down the leagues might see Ibrox as empty as the early 80s. It’s remarkable we filled it watching the worst football I’ve ever seen. Nothing now will see our numbers drop if that didn’t, I honestly think we are a support like no other and we are over due a team  to match that. 

100%  Our support is second to none .We turn up in numbers 

Some still criticise .As long as the stadium is filled that’s good enough for me .And who beats our away support .Incredible loyalty
We are fickle like every support in the land .We only have more of us to be fickle  

At least they got some reward on Wednesday 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Since that very day 

It’s as if our club have been on a mission to embarrass our support 

Many young bears just can’t grasp how powerful we once were .Losing one big game was followed by 2 /3 major wins .That is what we’re back then 
Now the stench of losing is like a plague .With the odd moment of glory like Wednesday night 

Spot on mate, as much as I first got introduced to our great club at the start of the 80s I had what was then to follow in my teenage years and into adulthood we were more often than not the top dogs and they couldn’t realistically put together a sustainable challenge that would stop us winning again within a year or two. If it wasn’t for the stitch up of 2012 that would still be the case and we’d be on at least 57 by now. David Murray throwing us to the wolves to save his reputation has not only fucked us as a club it gave then unchallenged success and a pathway to champions league riches that have set us back on a devastating level that’s often overlooked. 
like yourself I truly feel for our young bears. 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Some still criticise .As long as the stadium is filled that’s good enough for me .And who beats our away support .Incredible loyalty
We are fickle like every support in the land .We only have more of us to be fickle  

Wasn’t in Braga unfortunately, was meant to be but other situations arose. Loved our performance Wednesday just gone fucking dreading our performance Wednesday coming. Defeat doesn’t bare thinking about, and honestly shouldn’t even be a thought never mind a possibility 

Nowhere near some of the shite Ally put us through, also Pedro in Luxembourg, Murty, McDowell, Warburton. And who can forget wee Sturty at Murderwell!

Yesterday's result hurts like fcuk, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get to the next round of the Europa League, and we desperately need the money if we are going to stop the dhims next season.

PersonallyI blame it all on that fucking journey, ludicrous decision to accept that level of punishment without a fight, and the consequence will be with us for years to come regardless of who's the manager!

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The worst that I have ever felt was 14th February 2012.

This is nothing in comparison folks.

This is close though 

not a heart sinking moment but really one of hurt and sadness

#itsoknottobeok 

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Of course your right. But on the pitch even in the dark days it had only been a few years, it's really hard now.

It's the hope that kills you. We hoped, after Braga we had turned the corner, that turns to expectation the closer the game comes; then, thud. Hope destroyed. 

I watched the match and thought the longer it went on the more the players downed tools. If Gerrard stays he needs to jettison those who downed tools and find players with fight, second best is never good enough for Rangers. We can accept loss but not capitulation.

9 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Not much to say.  I've seen some dire times through the years (decades?) but this is probably the worst.  Maybe the fans are too good for this club - we cheer home and away, spent hard-earned cash to follow, follow over great distances, pass on the mission to our children and grandchildren, remain loyal and staunch in the lean times, sing our song in a thousand cities, fly the flag in a nation that despises us.  And our return??

Such rubbish in this post  and I’ve had a season ticket for 33 years - one of our best runs in Europe 2nd in the league and a developing team - there have been much darker days than this - get a fking grip 

I know where hes coming from.

From the euphoria of wednesday to not showing up against the worst side in the league within 3 days  .

Gerrard not playing morellos was wrong . Stewart showed why hes not picked . Against sides like hearts and killie etc he must change the system . 433 is great in europe or against the filth cos we get space but against cloggers we must be tight at the back and give their shit defences something to do with 2 strikers.

Just my opinion

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

When the support realise we can't match the scum and and there isn't the significant investment to do so, the support will vote with it's feet.

Hope has kept us there with the coming of Gerrard. When that hope goes the stadium will empty. That is the reason that outwith us and the scum thus far, every stadium in the country is empty.

At the other end of the spectrum, when the scum had no oppo, whe we were out of the top tier, even they had to close their top tier.

People don't have the money to throw away to go and watch shite and a team that cannot win anything. What's the point, unless you are just going to watch a game of football for football's sake.

It's not that we are a good watch playing slick football every other week and only dropping points against decent oppo. Our manner of defeat is horrendous. Dug shite and shitebaggery the order of the day. A poor system, poorly set up and disorganised. Even when we win, the flaws stand out a mile and the same old first pick faces causing it.

Gerrard has a deep flaw runnng the size of the grand canyon and failing with a squad he could have down better with if he had been a fair and honest manager, but he is not. There is no competition for places despite hs rhetoric to the contrary with promises of rotation in the numbers he was signing them in.

Your face fits or you are toast. Players are not getting their chance. Those guarateed their place need only turn up and buy Lamborginis and the rest are left disillusioned. That's now blatantly obvious.

There's no winning for Gerrard now. If he makes big changes now and they lose, the usual bed wetters on here on here will come back immediatetly, ooh I told you we need Tav and Alfie, and Goldson and Arfield so on, waxing lyrical on how brilliant they are and quickly forget just how dug shite they've been, just  to try and prove a very flawed point..  Then if he continues with that dross, he aint going to win or improve anything on that park, leaving the bed wetters squirming as we now witness.The eyes don't lie, the dressing room remains disillusioned and just that some are in major denial. 

Gerrard is gone and hopefully the serial offenders gtf with him, because our wage bill is also at dangerous levels compared to our income and need EL group football to fund it, a fact many in here ignore and Kng stepping down,with no replacemen, should have been be a warning to us, but denial is bliss with this support.

It wont take such a large drop in ST sales to experience serious fiscal issues as there is now no one underwriting the ongoing funding gaps with King stepping down and stating we have to live within our means and yet no sign of investment. We await with bated breath as to what evolves, but what I see, is a  board that can take us no further, just like Gerrard and we can deny all we like, but the eyes don't lie and nor does the bottom line on the accounts, no matter how they are spun.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Have to agree with 2012 being terrible and I’m an old timer also. But also have to throw in the scums run in 60’s early 70’s. JG times as manager with really low crowds and my worst match memory has to be Berwick Rangers.

Worst memory was the disaster in 1971 though which puts todays problems into perspective.

Archived