Season Tickets/Membership.

I think football as a whole is still in complete denial about this situation, all this talk of getting games back underway in the summer and talking about next season is all about money and self interest, particularly down south worrying about losing £700 million TV deal for this season.  Clubs won’t decide when they start playing again governments will.

What happens to leagues if we go in and out of lockdowns for the next 12 months? What if we go back to social distancing in 3 months, will 22 footballers be allowed to play contact sport while everyone else stays 2m apart? If games are allowed to restart in between lockdowns how many fans will get in? 1/4 capacity? How will that work having paid £600 a season ticket? So many issues and if people think everything will be back to normal come August they haven’t got a grip on reality.

I think Rangers will be thinking the same as my golf club, get everyone’s money in now better in our bank for cash flow etc than in theirs then come up with a solution.

If we don’t see any money back from an unfinished season this year from Rangers which most will accept, will everyone be as happy next year for another half season and no money back?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they can’t guarantee that this season will be completed and can’t guarantee that next season will start or even go ahead then it’s completely inappropriate in my opinion to be asking for ST ticket money.

If they want us ST holders to contribute to keep the club afloat then we should get shares in return. 

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s true to be fair .If it’s true Rangers offer no refunds to fucked up seasons 

It would simply be madness to part with 400 and get no guarantees .Do they think we are mugs 

I’ve no doubt that I’ll eventually renew, I’ll just be holding off as long as possible until we know exactly what is happening. 

Not even a guarantee next season will happen the way things are going.

It's a tough call. 

Can see both sides to it, tbh. 

As others have pointed out the club probably can't win. We need the income to survive. 

I think it's responsible of the club to prepare for next season as normal until basically told otherwise. If they don't, we could be left behind in some regards.

We have loyal fans who will pay the money religiously, as we always have done and it will be the same again.

My gripe is more with the maligned membership scheme than the season ticket renewals coming out.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely that is up to the credit agency they use and not the club

Don’t think the 4 month option is a credit agency, maybe if they could squeeze it to 6 months for 1 season they will probably help a lot of people out.

Difficult decision , fortunately I am able to pay and will take the risk as the club needs the cash. What would be helpful if the first team squad took a reduction of wages say to 80% . The club need to look at this carefully but we do need the money. What I am disappointed about is that the first team squad have not come out with some comment on this. I just wonder if something will happen on this before the renewals come out.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Don’t think the 4 month option is a credit agency, maybe if they could squeeze it to 6 months for 1 season they will probably help a lot of people out.

You can get a 4 month credit option or 10. I don't understand why anyone would do 4 month credit when the clubs doesn't have credit fees 😂

10 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

He’s another ‘off topic’ keyboard gangster. Ironically I don’t see much of him in the OT

What's an off topic keyboard gangster then? :lol:

Btw well done keeping the thread on topic with that post. 

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Difficult decision , fortunately I am able to pay and will take the risk as the club needs the cash. What would be helpful if the first team squad took a reduction of wages say to 80% . The club need to look at this carefully but we do need the money. What I am disappointed about is that the first team squad have not come out with some comment on this. I just wonder if something will happen on this before the renewals come out.

I think there will be. There has to be. 

Im one of the lucky ones who is still working my normal hours and my income will not be effected by this situation, I will be renewing. Its completely unrealistic  for the club to expect the uptake to be same as normal with the way things are. Its also morally wrong not to be cutting wages of the players and expect people whos  jobs are in danger to fund £20,000 weekly wage packets. You might expect the players to volunteer a cut if they know the club is struggling. but they are footballers and footballers don't do that as a rule. One thing is we should  all remember that when at the other end of this crisis players spout shit like what an honour it is to play for the club and such great supporters.

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

You can get a 4 month credit option or 10. I don't understand why anyone would do 4 month credit when the clubs doesn't have credit fees 😂

Think it's the auto renewal thing that happens with it makes people choose it mate. That and throwing a large amount of money at something in one go is sore 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think it's the auto renewal thing that happens with it makes people choose it mate. That and throwing a large amount of money at something in one go is sore 

No, you can actually go with the finance mob for 4 months as well. I don't mean the club 4month option mate 

Surely at some point the players will be expected to take a pay cut here?

I'm fortunate enough to have my wage in tact but this still doesn't sit right with me that many who have had STs for decades could lose their seat because of a situation completely out of their own control!

Perhaps the offering of a half season ticket until further notice (at half price) is a better option for all just now rather than asking for full wack whether its over 4 months or whatever.

I'm sure the majority on here would happily let the club keep last seasons ticket money but it just seems like they're asking for more when we didn't technically get what we paid for last time, not the clubs fault of course.

It is a tricky one, some of that "transparency" we always here about from the club please?

Archived