The official Scottish cup final thread 2002

2nd Flute

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Different standards back then. Go watch an OF game from the mid 90s. Under modern standards there would be no cunt left on the pitch.

Na Hartson elbow is premeditated he looks at him. 

A studs up 2 footed above the ankle has always been a red for as long as I’ve watched football since 2000

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Lambert had Zidane in his back pocket in a European Cup final. Not technically a great player but was positionally and tactically a great player. 

True. Never had any of our players in his back pocket though. Think he thrived at Dortmund being given a mega specific, very limited role. Couldn't do that as a mid for sellic, and his limitations showed.

Just now, stuart1994 said:

Was only young so only really remember a few games, but was Amoruso always so brash and such a bombscare ?

He was an excellent defender but you always had that sharp intake of breath when he tried to play out from the back. Cost us against Monaco.

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Was only young so only really remember a few games, but was Amoruso always so brash and such a bombscare ?

Scored a peach against the sheep shaggers that season think there was trouble that night.

13 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

I’ll tell you what wee Barry didn’t have make some errors in his career, and his columnist career wasn’t exactly pro Rangers at times but by fuck he was some player, some Captain and was and probably still is my hero in Gers shirt. Go on wee man.

He was pivotal this season and most  definitely in 2003 when we won treble 
Top drawer player for Rangers in these years 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

True. Never had any of our players in his back pocket though. Think he thrived at Dortmund being given a mega specific, very limited role. Couldn't do that as a mid for sellic, and his limitations showed.

Yeah. Probably a player that suited continental football with role specification rather than British football where at the time every central midfielder was expected to be a all action box-to-box player.

Came from a pretty diehard Rangers family too. A friend of mine is from Linwood and used to kick about with him when younger and used to attend games together. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

And some still think a strong captain doesnt matter. We have missed a mouthpiece like Ferguson for years......

The rest of the team aswell some one has just said maurice Ross screaming at de boar and Ferguson for not being in the box

Just now, sassaaaa said:

And some still think a strong captain doesnt matter. We have missed a mouthpiece like Ferguson for years......

I remember folk used to get upset at him shouting at folk too much, sometimes when it was his mistake. Couldn't give a fuck, I'd take all the shouting he wanted to do now.

1 minute ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

I was at that game, nearly got called off cause an old guy got punched. Brilliant day out

Saturday night football was the old guy not related to a Rangers player I want to say Bob malcolm 

Archived