The official Scottish cup final thread 2002

2nd Flute

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Great painting. 

No matter how those fuckers cheat us and bend the rules they will never change the fact we got to 50 first

Yeah mate .She is thankfully still a pal .Will be eternally grateful for her doing this for me 

First to 50 was immense .First to 55 would maybe even top it  😄

19 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fernando and Numan , today we have Barasic and Tavernier , massive gulf and until we get close to they two we are winning fuck all.....

One of the smaller differences. Ferguson miles above any of our midfielders would be the biggest. Great options in front three and an on form amo and moore is much better than what we have now.

19 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Hopefully bring back some of they songs back going forward. 

Different support back then mate , didn’t even realise It myself till I sat and watched that back , even big games now we don’t come close to that backing , everybody draped in red white and blue to 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Only way you'll see a team anything like this again is if there's some kind of reconstruction of football involving us moving to a different platform.

Footballs fucked in general mate , been watching the old games on tv , two teams going toe to toe no endless pointless passes , no holding midfielders , no fucking sport scientists  , even as recent as Ferguson’s Man U and the shearer era shites all over what’s served up today , obviously we have an interest in our own team and Liverpool at full tilt can be entertaining to watch , the rest is a borefest 

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Footballs fucked in general mate , been watching the old games on tv , two teams going toe to toe no endless pointless passes , no holding midfielders , no fucking sport scientists  , even as recent as Ferguson’s Man U and the shearer era shites all over what’s served up today , obviously we have an interest in our own team and Liverpool at full tilt can be entertaining to watch , the rest is a borefest 

Yeah me too. It's been so refreshing.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yeah me too. It's been so refreshing.

You don’t realise how poor the games went until you watch they programmes back eh , especially when all the shite that surrounds it now is supposed to make it the best it can be , it was simple back then and 100% better 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

You don’t realise how poor the games went until you watch they programmes back eh , especially when all the shite that surrounds it now is supposed to make it the best it can be , it was simple back then and 100% better 

Football as a whole peaked during the 90s/ early 2000s IMO, those years were superb viewing, think the fact every single game in the world is basically available now a days doesn't help matters. Saturates the market now your lucky if you see 1 good game in 10 were as before you were basically guaranteed a couple of belters every weekend. 

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Football as a whole peaked during the 90s/ early 2000s IMO, those years were superb viewing, think the fact every single game in the world is basically available now a days doesn't help matters. Saturates the market now your lucky if you see 1 good game in 10 were as before you were basically guaranteed a couple of belters every weekend. 

Bang on mate 👍🏻👌🏻

Was a great final, Ferguson, McCann and Lovenkrands were standouts. 

Maybe it's just me but found it funny when big Amo was making his runs forward then he'd stop dead as if he's been told that's as far as he can go unless it's a corner. I remember when he first came to Rangers and he landed us in a bit of trouble when he went on a gung ho attacking run through the middle. Mind you it was exciting at the time.

Felt a wee bit sad seeing Ricksen again, but was nice seeing him in his prime lifting a trophy.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Winning league parkheed 1st ? 

I wasn’t there, Easter road 22nd may 2005 by far first. 

actually the greatest day of my life.  Don’t tell my son that. 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I wasn’t there, Easter road 22nd may 2005 by far first. 

actually the greatest day of my life.  Don’t tell my son that. 😂😂😂

😂👍🏻, Mcleish gave us some unreal memories 👍🏻👌🏻

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

😂👍🏻, Mcleish gave us some unreal memories 👍🏻👌🏻

Was talking to my brother earlier and the amount of big last minute moments we had under him was unreal.  

2002 cup final

2003 league cup final when Hartson missed the penalty 

2003 last day of the season 

2005 Easter road 

Archived