SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm throwing this in here and can't believe it was never discussed for the premier league 

Every game would be played behind closed doors, so for tv companies then all games can ko at the same time for sky or bt to show whatever fixture they choose to beam....all we had to do was set a restart date but allow ourselves & st Johnstone to play our outstanding game 1st

Then you play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday and finally Saturday.....allow 5 subs per game and every team has the exact same time between games for recovery, it was good for us in 2008 to play 5 games in 12 days so why not now where no team seek an advantage 

On the note of testing,  surely a round of testing every 3 games would work, I mean their are still loads of us who are still going to work and have never been tested so why the clamber that testing is the main reason to veto it.....we are learning to live with this pandemic in everyday life, the sheer notion that this could not be achieved would only be to serve the purpose of the beasts. 

Testing has to be done before every single game unless you quarantine everyone individually, and that includes backroom staff, stadium staff, cleaners etc

Wee jeanie the cleaner goes hom after a neg test, sees her man and her kids who are all out working, they give her the virus unknowingly, she brings it in the next day cleaning and gives it to someone else who gives it to someone else

Its all fine and well all these other leagues restarting, all it takes is one team having to self isolate for 14 days and potentially thats 3 games needing rearranged

The leagues that have restarted or going to restart are praying for all the luck in the world here

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Testing has to be done before every single game unless you quarantine everyone individually, and that includes backroom staff, stadium staff, cleaners etc

Wee jeanie the cleaner goes hom after a neg test, sees her man and her kids who are all out working, they give her the virus unknowingly, she brings it in the next day cleaning and gives it to someone else who gives it to someone else

Its all fine and well all these other leagues restarting, all it takes is one team having to self isolate for 14 days and potentially thats 3 games needing rearranged

The leagues that have restarted or going to restart are praying for all the luck in the world here

You're missing the point what I'm making.....wee jeannie the cleaner exists in my work also....the risks are the exact same for us and not one single person gets tested.....why are we not testing supermarket staff etc etc everyday if this was a bona fida reason?

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

You're missing the point what I'm making.....wee jeannie the cleaner exists in my work also....the risks are the exact same for us and not one single person gets tested.....why are we not testing supermarket staff etc etc everyday if this was a bona fida reason?

It's not just supermarket staff and cleaners that have not been tested, many key workers have been working through this pandemic at it's height, they go to pick their kids up from school and then go home to their families few have been tested. Playing behind closed doors on a set days with testing every few days should be put forward as a solution as it would be easy to track and trace any potential risk, which is a lot more than key workers had.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's not just supermarket staff and cleaners that have not been tested, many key workers have been working through this pandemic at it's height, they go to pick their kids up from school and then go home to their families few have been tested. Playing behind closed doors on a set days with testing every few days should be put forward as a solution as it would be easy to track and trace any potential risk, which is a lot more than key workers had.

That's kinda the point I'm trying to make, what makes football so elitist that it should require round the clock testing in order for it to resume....we are basically learning to live with this virus while we still await a vaccine....we need to be seen to be moving forward with this situation....it's too easy to say "did I just hear you cough just then....14 days in self isolation "

The frontline workers are at the greatest risk and deserve the levels of testing aimed at professional footballers, we could have finished the season off without the rigorous testing that is happening down south...surely trying to finish this season would let us see potential problems for the future...no doubt we will start the new season...cock it up after 6 or 7 games...end result award the vermin 10iar 🤣

54 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's kinda the point I'm trying to make, what makes football so elitist that it should require round the clock testing in order for it to resume....we are basically learning to live with this virus while we still await a vaccine....we need to be seen to be moving forward with this situation....it's too easy to say "did I just hear you cough just then....14 days in self isolation "

The frontline workers are at the greatest risk and deserve the levels of testing aimed at professional footballers, we could have finished the season off without the rigorous testing that is happening down south...surely trying to finish this season would let us see potential problems for the future...no doubt we will start the new season...cock it up after 6 or 7 games...end result award the vermin 10iar 🤣

It’s the close contact that increases the risk but this is negated as the majority are young, fit athletes with top diets and medical care and then there’s wee Jeannie, over 60 and eats take away 4 out of 7 days and likes a puff or a regular swally.

18 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s the close contact that increases the risk but this is negated as the majority are young, fit athletes with top diets and medical care and then there’s wee Jeannie, over 60 and eats take away 4 out of 7 days and likes a puff or a regular swally.

Surely the solution lies in track, trace and test, by doing this players/staff  would be getting better risk assessment than any key workers and their families were given. Hammer93's suggestion covers a feasible solution that offers a good method to track,trace and test.

The EPL/Bundesliga are spending millions to test players to show to them and also the authorities that it is safe in the bubble they have/will create for the teams. The SPL don't have that so it can only start when it is deemed safe to do so which is probably at least several months away.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

If supermarkets were losing hundreds of millions from not being able to trade then staff would be getting tested .

The threat of losing so much cash is the only reason football is jumping through hoops to get games on 

With the amount of testing available (down south) Front line workers should be getting tested,Even just a few in each store every day ,Rather than Helen the hypochondriac phoning up and getting online tests every week 

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

The EPL/Bundesliga are spending millions to test players to show to them and also the authorities that it is safe in the bubble they have/will create for the teams. The SPL don't have that so it can only start when it is deemed safe to do so which is probably at least several months away.

Yip...my point again is why are footballers being treated as so elitist to go back to work....surely if it feels right to do this then every walk of life should be treated the same....why should I be going to my work but have never been tested....obviously tests need to be done but not to the extent that are doing....we eventually will need to dip our toes and test water as I doubt a vaccine is just around the corner 

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yip...my point again is why are footballers being treated as so elitist to go back to work....surely if it feels right to do this then every walk of life should be treated the same....why should I be going to my work but have never been tested....obviously tests need to be done but not to the extent that are doing....we eventually will need to dip our toes and test water as I doubt a vaccine is just around the corner 

I am in agreement with the fact that people need to start getting back to some sort of normality with work as we risk storing up more problems down the line if we don't (recession, job cuts, suicide etc).

Football isn't being treated as elitist the fact is that under the current status of the lockdown any type of football cannot go ahead. Basically the EPL are saying look if we spend millions continually proving its safe and put certain measures in place we can start before amateur football or indeed a kick about with your mates in the park is allowed.

Because it isn't a necessary job to be back at if you will, clubs will be footing the testing bill themselves, they will be providing all the guarantees themselves and playing too many games in quick time isnt an option if you want to test and isolate everyone 

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

If supermarkets were losing hundreds of millions from not being able to trade then staff would be getting tested .

The threat of losing so much cash is the only reason football is jumping through hoops to get games on 

With the amount of testing available (down south) Front line workers should be getting tested,Even just a few in each store every day ,Rather than Helen the hypochondriac phoning up and getting online tests every week 

If we don't have a vaccine before August then if testing is to be at extreme levels then I fail to see how our game can afford it in August but can't afford it in June to complete a season....we really need to be thinking of changing our tact on quarantine rules, I'm talking from personal experience here with my family and my dad....I more or less had a month of work due to my dad contracting the virus....I have not contracted the virus even though I was in contact with my father as he was falling ill, my isolation period was overkill if truth being told, back then society in a whole wasn't dealing with the pandemic, things need to change or we will be hamstrung with this for years m8

Because no one really cares if wee Jeanie the supermarket cleaner dies or gets ill. Just think about that, it's sad isn't it?

Football is public in the extreme, there are lots of fans and they demand to know what's happening. It's televised and all over the papers. Players also command a lot of power, if they all decide not to play, then any restart plans are pretty much fucked.

At the most wee Jeanie might have a family and friends and colleagues, but no loving fans hoping she's treated well at work, and she'll no doubt NEED to go back to work to survive. Players in leagues such as the EPL don't, and they could easily get a game for someone else once this all blows over.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because it isn't a necessary job to be back at if you will, clubs will be footing the testing bill themselves, they will be providing all the guarantees themselves and playing too many games in quick time isnt an option if you want to test and isolate everyone 

We should have tried something,  this will end up being and even bigger catastrophe if they start a new season and as you say...Jeannie the cleaner contracts covid and she has been in and about the club....14 day quarantine for clubs....we could end up with games cancelled left right and centre...the remainder of this campaign should have been used as a guinea pig to iron out what problems we could encounter 

In football social distancing is the problem. You cannot keep it therefore players must be tested. I don't think that there can be any doubt that lockdown and social distancing are broadly speaking effective measures.

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

In football social distancing is the problem. You cannot keep it therefore players must be tested. I don't think that there can be any doubt that lockdown and social distancing are broadly speaking effective measures.

Is it anymore of a problem for social distancing than I face at my work....our locker room has around 45/50 people who use it over 3 shifts....we are managing to social distance to the best we can....we soon have to make a decision how great a risk 22 players on a pitch cause to each other....I'm sceptical that you could contract the virus because you were jostling with a player at a corner or you slid in and landed on top of a player for a few seconds 

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

If we don't have a vaccine before August then if testing is to be at extreme levels then I fail to see how our game can afford it in August but can't afford it in June to complete a season....we really need to be thinking of changing our tact on quarantine rules, I'm talking from personal experience here with my family and my dad....I more or less had a month of work due to my dad contracting the virus....I have not contracted the virus even though I was in contact with my father as he was falling ill, my isolation period was overkill if truth being told, back then society in a whole wasn't dealing with the pandemic, things need to change or we will be hamstrung with this for years m8

Have to agree that there’s little chance of football in this country in August as the testing costs will be too high ,Maybe if SPFL hadn’t spunked 10m of future money to end the season early it would have been more realistic 

Also agree that we could be hamstrung by the virus for a while ,We will just need to learn to deal with it a lot better as individuals ,We have been lucky with probably the best spring in living memory ,Imagine what it will be like if we still need to queue outside a supermarket in November 

4 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Liewell to have talks with the government about Scottish football plans....

Well he does run the game , without even a mention from our board .How sad our once proud club have become under this lot

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

We should have tried something,  this will end up being and even bigger catastrophe if they start a new season and as you say...Jeannie the cleaner contracts covid and she has been in and about the club....14 day quarantine for clubs....we could end up with games cancelled left right and centre...the remainder of this campaign should have been used as a guinea pig to iron out what problems we could encounter 

I would imagine , the scum will start with all their hard away fixtures first

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well he does run the game , without even a mention from our board .How sad our once proud club have become under this lot

They will probably say something like, he is on the board next year so since we are meeting to discuss next season.....

They don't even hide it anymore.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

They will probably say something like, he is on the board next year so since we are meeting to discuss next season.....

They don't even hide it anymore.

Our club with their sound of silence don't seem to hide it either though

Archived