SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yet they still accepted all their dodgy ownerships and lamped the club with a 12 point deduction that relegated them. Cunts of the highest order.

If it is anything like the SPFL's used to be, it's a self-certification process

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Heard a lot about that. My mate sent me this a wee while ago. Shambolic to relegate them.

Screenshot_20200723-000615.png

They have an appeal in progress, though to have any chance of winning it, you would think stanley would need to get to fuck.

46 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wigan should've had their points deduction rescinded. Fucking farcical. Heard the gambler who used to own them, rumour he still does, made millions off of their relegation.

First time I heard anything about points reduction it was to be implemented next year, 

Very shady what went on with this club, very 

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

First time I heard anything about points reduction it was to be implemented next year, 

Very shady what went on with this club, very 

Points deduction depended on where they finished as it isn't technically applied until after the season is completed. If relegated before it was enforced, it wouldn't apply til next year. If they weren't it would be applied this season. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sure there's video of the EFL chairman mentioning the bet.

There was a video going about of one of the chairmen saying there was big money on them going down or something along those lines, EFL supposedly have a fit and proper test after the Celino stuff at Leeds but seem to have fucked that system up here.

21 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Aberdeen won’t be too impressed if the spfl come cap in hand looking to pay off hearts and plastic whistles!!

Nope. Good eh 😁

They've likely done as much as possible to cut costs where they can. Id imagine player sales will be next and their last resort.

Whilst we need another good midfielder I wouldn't touch Ferguson, he's not near good enough on the ball for our style of play. 

And I think tbe scum are too skint to go for McKenna.

Troubled times up there. Which is just lovely.

The result of that vote to award the SPFL more powers is still not out.

It has to have failed but they are keeping it under wraps as they are arguing to the arbitration panel that they have the full backing of the member clubs. They don't.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Near 4m to go 🙄

Shame.

£10m fucking funding gap at Aberdeen. Only because they can't get fans in the ground. That's one shite business organisation for their size. Also notice driving past at work today they've stopped all work on their new stadium so their training ground is basically a building site. What a pity, what a shame.

Just now, esquire8 said:

£10m fucking funding gap at Aberdeen. Only because they can't get fans in the ground. That's one shite business organisation for their size. Also notice driving past at work today they've stopped all work on their new stadium so their training ground is basically a building site. What a pity, what a shame.

New stadium was scrapped a while ago iirc.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They were working on the foundations etc before covid in March. Not been up there until now. Looks like a shitehole the whole complex. Very cheaply done.

Think that's roundabout when it was binned. Definitely mothballed though. Probably built by Milne on the cheap. 

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Just like the crumbledome then.

Just looks like a throw up cabin in the middle of about 4 plastic pitches. Right next to the dual carriageway too. Thrown up some classic council green fencing around it with dodgy banners.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think that's roundabout when it was binned. Definitely mothballed though. Probably built by Milne on the cheap. 

Ah ok never heard anything about it. The land he bought was on the dirt cheap. Used to be old farm marsh land. Took them most of a year to fill it in before work could start on it. Theres still construction vehicles on the site that were there in March. Diddums.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Anything came of this shit yet ffs just over a week until season starts man

Last thing I heard was the decision was due by the end of this week. If there was a interim interdict then we'd know about it by now. 

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Last thing I heard was the decision was due by the end of this week. If there was a interim interdict then we'd know about it by now. 

I assume that they will only go for an interdict if the case drags on. 

Mind you they might also ask for it if they get reinstated as to date they have had no pre season and been unable to train as the Scots gov only gave permission for premiership sides to start training. 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I assume that they will only go for an interdict if the case drags on. 

Mind you they might also ask for it if they get reinstated as to date they have had no pre season and been unable to train as the Scots gov only gave permission for premiership sides to start training. 

Genuinely think all 3 clubs have accepted being relegated long ago. No chance they are still looking to be saved. All about money.

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Genuinely think all 3 clubs have accepted being relegated long ago. No chance they are still looking to be saved. All about money.

The vote either stands or it doesn’t. If they can’t get the corrupted vote corrected then they should be relegated and without any compensation. The vote allowed rules to allow for their relegation. 

Archived