SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

If PT/Hearts win they get compensation that will cost us £millions ? Certainly loads at a time we can least afford it. 

There aren't any titles  being null and void. Although they will be even more tainted.

Yet we want PT/Hearts to win.

Can we afford them to win ?

Said this before that in the very unlikely scenario Hearts and PT win their compensation that they are initially after (£10m) this will open up to further big compensation claims by others. £10m won't put the SPFL under but anything alot more than that puts the association in major jeopardy.

All the SPFL and Doncaster have is the pot, a pot that has money put into it with TV deals and sponsorship. There is no sponsorship money for the foreseeable future due to Sky being given the naming rights for the length of the contract. TV money has been depleted due to the TV companies getting returns for the season ending early.

Add to that the SPFL executives needing lawyers etc for this court case and arbitration. 

£26m a season they are getting from Sky, a small amount from the BBC and international TV. That's it. Nothing more. Doesn't take a maths genius to say £10m compensation coming out that money as well as everything I described above means barely anything left in that pot.

18 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Absolutely we can, if it means the end of the corrupt cabal that is SPFL/SFA. Then we build from scratch

Would you like to entertain us how Scottish Football builds from scratch if the SPFL inevitably goes under if they win full compensation?

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Would you like to entertain us how Scottish Football builds from scratch if the SPFL inevitably goes under if they win full compensation?

My ideal would be no club members on a board. One chap in charge whose job it is to maximise the pot and make decisions. Clubs can at any time vote to sack him. A simple majority would do.

Moving on to the game itself. Only 2 leagues all of whose members must have a full time professional side. A clear pyramid below that allowing for ambitious regional teams to join the professional game.  

Just my 2c worth.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I get the frustration and anger. Feel like that myself sometimes. But until the Hearts/Thistle case is concluded there is nothing the board can do except quietly prepare.

Reinstatement and the title is gone as the court has ruled that the Dundee vote fiasco was so dodgy that in fact the resolution to end the season as they did by member vote failed.

If it's compensation they are awarded then we throw down a vote of no confidence. Surely that will pass.

We called for and offered to pay for an independent inquiry. When that failed (big bad Rangers) then there was no option but to let others pick up the gauntlet. 

No one in Scottish football really cares about them getting the title unfairly so I want hold my breath on them doing the right thing.

Doncaster will need to be dragged screaming and shouting from that job as he’ll never get a pay packet like that ever again. He won’t be moved on.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok Sema . We disagree on things , yet show a bit more respect for one another . Deal ?

No more  one upmanship ? . You are too good a poster to be falling out with

Eejay I genuinely don't have issue with you, or any other poster for that matter.

Where I have issue is the overwhelming negativity I see around us, much of it imo unjustified. Where such posts seem to have no basis, or aren't in the slightest objective, I tend to question / challenge. Thats all. And thats not specific just to any of our previous, its in general these days on here.

Happy to put any disagreements behind us, with the disclaimer in my paragraph above remaining valid 😁.

And no we're not gonna get a room for any smart arse cunts feeling the need to comment 🖕

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

No one in Scottish football really cares about them getting the title unfairly so I want hold my breath on them doing the right thing.

Doncaster will need to be dragged screaming and shouting from that job as he’ll never get a pay packet like that ever again. He won’t be moved on.

The written resolution was all about awarding titles and relegating clubs. If arbitration leads to the panel dismissing that resolution and reinstating Hearts and Thistle then I reckon that is where they will stop.

They will then toss it back to the SPFL to find another way to end the season.

On a brighter note I just saw that scum were humped yesterday in Paris.

55 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

My ideal would be no club members on a board. One chap in charge whose job it is to maximise the pot and make decisions. Clubs can at any time vote to sack him. A simple majority would do.

Moving on to the game itself. Only 2 leagues all of whose members must have a full time professional side. A clear pyramid below that allowing for ambitious regional teams to join the professional game.  

Just my 2c worth.

I've said pretty much a similar setup before. The big issue is the SPFL going under. It's not like a Phoenix association can rise up and be setup without any money. The SPFL goes it takes all the contracts with it. The money Sky have already paid out? Won't see that. Everything goes. Will Sky pay more money to show games from this Pheonix association that has the same clubs that burned the previous one to the ground? Alot of shit can happen if Doncaster and the SPFL lose this horribly. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I've said pretty much a similar setup before. The big issue is the SPFL going under. It's not like a Phoenix association can rise up and be setup without any money. The SPFL goes it takes all the contracts with it. The money Sky have already paid out? Won't see that. Everything goes. Will Sky pay more money to show games from this Pheonix association that has the same clubs that burned the previous one to the ground? Alot of shit can happen if Doncaster and the SPFL lose this horribly. 

Truth is that nobody knows how this will pan out.

I would imagine that the shareholders (clubs) either vote to dissolve the company and set up a new one or keep the company but just pass a vote of no confidence and kick the cabal out. 

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I just think it’s pretty sad that we’re all sitting here hoping that HoM/PT get some sort of retribution from the arbitration process and most seem to have Doncaster in their sights when in reality it’s the fat jap and the title they’ve stole is what we should be going after.

Fk knows why our board voted to end the season and all this nonsense about the dossier, the whistle blower and not to be found wanting all just seems like smoke and mirrors to hide that they’ve given up the fight.

We’re arguable the biggest club in this country yet we’re hiding behind HoM and PT and acting like the coward that Scottish football has been kicking fk out of since 2012.

We owe Scottish football nothing and we should be fighting to get that title withdrawn even if that means we also go to court over the next few days to stop the season starting.

Everyone knows that Dundee voted no yet our board sit on their hands as if they’ve constructed some sort of master plan with the minions at HoM/PT carrying out our actions. This is absolute bs and more akin to our board startled like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlines. 

Yes I hope the SPFL lose today but in reality it will change nothing and the board will just jog on while we struggle to get parity on the pitch through the refs and the same off the pitch due to our biased media.

This deserves @eejay the dj post of the day recognition imo 

Spot on mate 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

The biggest club in the Country . 40,000 ST holders signed up already

Acting like cowards . I think our board and the people that run us have proven they are cowards over the last 5 years . My opinion

We owe Scottish football nothing , yet we continue to embrace our enemies , acting like they are our friends

And you are right . Sick of hearing this master plan shite , The played a blinder shite is reeking

Even if the court case goes our way . It will have been nothing to do with what our club has done IMO

I agree that this most likely wasn’t some sort of master plan but do you not feel the dossier has had a part to play? I think our dossier may well have shown up a lot of things that otherwise might just have been ignored so I think we have played a part albeit unintentionally 

45 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Will someone please tell me who Gers in Canadas previous name is . I asked him twice and never got an answer

Never saw an earlier request.

Had the same name all the time which my profile tells me began in 2014.

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

I agree that this most likely wasn’t some sort of master plan but do you not feel the dossier has had a part to play? I think our dossier may well have shown up a lot of things that otherwise might just have been ignored so I think we have played a part albeit unintentionally 

Maybe Tam . Only time will tell . I would love nothing better than Sema coming on here to tell me . I told you so as we go to war with the corruption .

I just cant see it on a good day . I get livid with them on a bad day :whistle:

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Whatever happened to @siddiqi_drinker? Ex pat,Canadian I think. He hasn't posted in months. I loved reading his sarcasm.

No idea. I was an infrequent poster on here for years. But the combination of retirement and lock down has had me on much more often.

Archived