Barry Fergusons Top 11 (He Played With)

54 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I was never a fan of Rod Wallace. He scored a few goals but seemed to lack ability for me. To put in to context I was spoiled in terms of player quality growing up and idolised Hateley, McCoist, Laudrup and of course Gascoigne :unsure:.

Wallace was a tremendous signing and probably one of our most underrated players ever.

A bosman who scored crucial goals including at the piggery and the winner in a Scottish cup final against them too.

Gazza playing for us is really irrelevant to your argument too as it has no relevance.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, badjon said:

Since 9 in a row then name me players who are in your view legends, If you asked most he would be on there, do you like Jorg? I absolutely adore the big guy and he for me is in bordering on legend status however BF is a legend for what he achieved and as another poster said he drove us through games that we looked like drawing or loosing, Take the modern day versions horrible take of our club and situation to one side and see the honest fact that Barry was instrumentally a big part of our team and therefore should be regarded as a legend/whether I would want to have a pint with him is another thing.

Mate we all have different opinions. I was lucky enough to have watched Gascoigne in the flesh at Ibrox. Ferguson never excited me anywhere close to the same level. Yes he played his part in many league victories but I just don't hold him in that esteem as a legend. 

9 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Wallace was a tremendous signing and probably one of our most underrated players ever.

A bosman who scored crucial goals including at the piggery and the winner in a Scottish cup final against them too.

Gazza playing for us is really irrelevant to your argument too as it has no relevance.

Whilst disagreeing with me you've inadvertantly backed up my point.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Whilst disagreeing with me you've inadvertantly backed up my point.

Never a fan and underrated are clearly different points of view.

Thinking Barry Ferguson wasn’t a great player either suggests you don’t know too much about Rangers in general either to be honest.

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Thinking Barry Ferguson wasn’t a great player either suggests you don’t know too much about Rangers in general either to be honest.

You literally described Wallace as a "tremendous signing" and "one of our most underrated players ever" in the very same sentence. He can't be both unless the vast majority of critics (mostly us, the fans) are missing something that you're not.

45 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate we all have different opinions. I was lucky enough to have watched Gascoigne in the flesh at Ibrox. Ferguson never excited me anywhere close to the same level. Yes he played his part in many league victories but I just don't hold him in that esteem as a legend. 

As was I do what's your comeback 😎

39 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

BF was a Raneed great he appearese a fud since. How many article'sdoes he get asked to do with blackburn?

31 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You literally described Wallace as a "tremendous signing" and "one of our most underrated players ever" in the very same sentence. He can't be both unless the vast majority of critics (mostly us, the fans) are missing something that you're not.

I suppose he's just saying he was both a great signing and he maybe never got the credit he deserves. 

Might have had limited footballing ability, but scored some big goals in big games and you could trust him. There's a reason why the likes of wee Rod was a first pick against the Tarriers and Boyd (for example) was mostly benched come the games against them.

It's difficult to argue better value for a striker of ours past 20 years on a free (with the exception of Prso).

I take it he has changed his mind from his previous greatest team.....it turns out Stephen Crainey wasn't the best left back after all?

Somebody please dig out the team he did for sky and compare them....I'm sure he only had 5/6 Rangers players in his team

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I take it he has changed his mind from his previous greatest team.....it turns out Stephen Crainey wasn't the best left back after all?

Somebody please dig out the team he did for sky and compare them....I'm sure he only had 5/6 Rangers players in his team

Stephen Crainey over Arthur Numan :lol: he really is a wee whore 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I just watched the clip.....and a picture of Crainey and Numan both appear on the screen.....it's not actually clear who he is picking....it looks like he was between McGregor & Joe Hart for the goalie and he had Matthew Upson at right back🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye okay pick a non enity over a guy who is acknowledged as being one of the best LB ever In the last 20 years. As u said earlier great player bell end of a pundit 

As much as I think Ferguson’s a bit of a knob, the idea that somebody could say he isn’t a legend of the Club is fucking mind blowing :lol: 

One of the best Scottish players of his generation when he was at his peak. No doubt about it.

What I’d do to have that Barry Ferguson leading us now. Proper, winning Rangers captain.

I also canny believe people continue to get themselves into strops over players’ Best XIs

You’ll rarely find one that doesn’t elude certain stars because it’s a personal selection, it doesn’t reflect anything more than that.

i.e. Obviously Ferguson knows Michael Mols was a better player than Kris Boyd. But in his time name me a more successful striking partnership than Boyd and Miller who, on their day together, were a virtually unplayable pairing for us.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

As much as I think Ferguson’s a bit of a knob, the idea that somebody could say he isn’t a legend of the Club is fucking mind blowing :lol: 

One of the best Scottish players of his generation when he was at his peak. No doubt about it.

What I’d do to have that Barry Ferguson leading us now. Proper, winning Rangers captain.

Agree with that, the taigs have had Scott Brown dragging them along forever not the most gifted player but I for one will be glad when he is gone, he will leave a huge hole in that team.

Ferguson  was a fine player with the passion and grit to match, we really need another to appear from somewhere to turn draws into wins and defeats into draws, 

Archived