Bristol City Targets Gerrard

Ace

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Anybody on here who wants Gerrard to fail should be banned for life. 

Name and shame them mate 

I've phrased this wrong. Every supporter obviously wants us to be successful, but I think plenty feel certain Gerrard will fail and so would prefer he did it quickly and fucked off, or fucked off before he gets the chance.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I don’t think we are too far off. But it’s the lack of learning from previous mistakes that gets me. 

Opening game of the season will be the big one,  If we go into that game with 3 cms and Hagi on the right it will prove we have learned absolutely nothing. 

Yeah I can't tell if it's just lack of experience or sheer stubbornness leading to repeat mistakes. 

He's had a lot of time since games stopped to assess.

If we do start that game as you said, going to be another struggle as Aberdeen know that system inside out now. 

There is no way he is going to Bristol City from Rangers.

I would love Stevie to be successful this season, but he must be in the last chance saloon now going onto a third season with nothing won.

I hope for all Rangers fans he can prove many of us wrong after the collapse since Jan this year. 

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

If they hadn’t scored that offside goal in the final we still wouldn’t have won that day we couldn’t even score against 10 men for 35 minutes.

Aye well we'll never fucking know now cause' the game was stolen from us by 3 officials watching the cunt offside score. 

2 hours ago, OhW said:

You said their goal was the only thing that prevented us from winning. 

It was though. If their goal that was offside doesn't stand then the game continues into extra time with momentum on our side. We lost the game because their goal that shouldn't have counted was counted. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I thought he getting ready to walk after hearts. That post-match interview he looked like he was done. 

This is last chance for him this season. He's getting an opportunity no Rangers manager has had in decades. A 3rd season after winning nothing so far. 

If he can't get a side out on the pitch that can win trophies. Then we need to start looking for someone that can. 

I think after Tynecastle is was either Gerrard going or most of his squad.

Both are still there so i genuinely can’t see how this season will go any differently.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Both are still there so i genuinely can’t see how this season will go any differently.

Even if we don't win the league, there's zero chance we are sacking Gerrard tbh - if he leaves it's because he walks. They just gave him a bumper extension around December time.

Our board are more interested in the PR and big name factor of him being here than results on the pitch is the impression I get. 

Plus Gerrard for good or bad, takes heat off them. 

There's also the factor that they went out and recruited him. At the end of a third trophy'less season and they sack him - how does that make these egotists look too? 

55 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agreed. 

Unless there’s a dramatic change of tactics/ more flexibility in them. 

I feel we are far too cautious in the league, we dominate the game but it’s usually all fart nae jobbie.  All very patient and controlled but no midfielders willing to get in behind the backline. 

56 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Even if we don't win the league, there's zero chance we are sacking Gerrard tbh - if he leaves it's because he walks. They just gave him a bumper extension around December time.

Our board are more interested in the PR and big name factor of him being here than results on the pitch is the impression I get. 

Plus Gerrard for good or bad, takes heat off them. 

There's also the factor that they went out and recruited him. At the end of a third trophy'less season and they sack him - how does that make these egotists look too? 

You don't half talk some amount of shite.

2 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Agreed. 

I feel we are far too cautious in the league, we dominate the game but it’s usually all fart nae jobbie.  All very patient and controlled but no midfielders willing to get in behind the backline. 

We could play the same team and tactics away to say Porto as we would at home to Ross County.

Until he changes that, we wont win the league.

I posted last week I’d heard from a Bristol city season ticket holder who thought it was pretty much a done deal, although there hasn’t been much movement since so I think it was probably bs. 

I don’t think it’s as unrealistic as some think. Steve Lansdown who owns city is mega rich, I think one of the richest club owners in England. The last 5 years he’s shown he’s desperate to get them into the prem, massive investment in the stadium and surrounding area, training ground and financing the squad well beyond what they would have been able to afford otherwise. He’s not happy with them just being around the playoffs, he wants promotion as he showed sacking Lee Johnson. If he can persuade Gerrard that it can be his route into premier league management, and he’ll back him in the transfer market to make it happen I think Gerrard would seriously consider it imo.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You don't half talk some amount of shite.

the feeling is absolutely, 110% mutual. You make zero contribution to this forum apart from going around making snide comments to other people. Mostly myself. Oddity. 

Why do you think the board hired him in the first place? his experience in management?, the leagues he won as a player? all the trophies he won as a manager? to jump ahead of the competition MK Dons? 

or do you not want to just sit, engage your brain, take your head out of your arse and realise he's hired because of his name, the publicity and PR/attention it got us?

I said earlier I'm mixed on him as a manager, he's done good, done bad - this season is his season but you're one of the ones with their heads constantly in their arse when it comes to almost everything about our club.

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Agreed. 

Or nobody that can grab the ball 20-25 years out turn and smash it into the net.  Scotty Arfield done it a couple of times last season but we need more players doing that more regularly especially when teams are just sitting back packing the box 

4 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I posted last week I’d heard from a Bristol city season ticket holder who thought it was pretty much a done deal, although there hasn’t been much movement since so I think it was probably bs. 

I don’t think it’s as unrealistic as some think. Steve Lansdown who owns city is mega rich, I think one of the richest club owners in England. The last 5 years he’s shown he’s desperate to get them into the prem, massive investment in the stadium and surrounding area, training ground and financing the squad well beyond what they would have been able to afford otherwise. He’s not happy with them just being around the playoffs, he wants promotion as he showed sacking Lee Johnson. If he can persuade Gerrard that it can be his route into premier league management, and he’ll back him in the transfer market to make it happen I think Gerrard would seriously consider it imo.

He might consider it but the timing and circumstances aren't exactly ideal 

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Their revenue is double ours, their spending on wages was double ours and is now about 25-30% higher, and without checking I'm pretty sure they've spent far more in transfer fees than we have in the past 12 months on the back of already having a stronger squad. Whilst all of this continues they're going to be favourites year in year out.

The job Gerrard has is massively underestimated when he's effectively got one arm behind his back. Will be one of the biggest achievements in our history if he does it.

Our revenue dwarfs the other 10 teams in the league and he still can't beat them consistently. 

12 points does not win or lose you a league title. 

4 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Either am I, but is Grezda the only one we've wasted 'big' money on? Most of the rest of the shit signings have been frees and loans.

They could spend something like £6 million on two players in January who've barely made their subs bench. 

I'm convinced if he got Vydra in the January window we wouldn't have been as far behind. He got Kamberi instead.

£7m on Kent, been nothing but a complete letdown so far. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Our revenue dwarfs the other 10 teams in the league and he still can't beat them consistently. 

12 points does not win or lose you a league title. 

£7m on Kent, been nothing but a complete letdown so far. 

Don't engage with him. He's literally got the IQ of a peanut. His make-up is akin to a potato and a peanut in their 50's having a child by accident.

He's lucky covid shut shit down when it did or he'd be out already up here. 

Other than europa league both seasons he's been absolutely fucking pish. 

£20m+ on 34+ players and absolutely fuck all but repeat meltdowns to show for it.

Certainly won't be gutted if he did take it.

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

We lost the game because their goal that shouldn't have counted was counted. 

Yes exactly. We lost because of their goal. That is different to saying their goal is the only thing that prevented us winning. We still need to score to win  

Archived