***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

The service to Boyd was shite but you have to do a little bit of extra work to get into the game - you just can't have it given to you on a plate.

The 10 yard pass to Fleck in the 1st half summed up Boyd - woeful!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goal apart, he was shite again.

But I think it was more down to the service and Novo's lack of sharpness more than anything else.

He has to realise that he doesn't have a God-given right to win every high ball.

Are you not one of the guys that criticises him for NEVER winning a high ball?

He won eight today, but only managed to find a team-mate with half of them.

I keep a count on these things ;)

The service to Boyd was shite but you have to do a little bit of extra work to get into the game - you just can't have it given to you on a plate.

The 10 yard pass to Fleck in the 1st half summed up Boyd - woeful!

Nearly took his head off.

Complete routine pass as well.

Boyd won a few headers today, did chase defenders down, Novo was also chasing defenders down. They got fuck all service at all today, Messi would struggle with that pish, I thought Boyd had one of his better games outside the penalty area. Our service is absolutely brutal, I think a lot of people on here forget that (or choose to ignore it).

Overall it was a very poor Rangers performance. Boyd's goal got us out of jail but looked uninterested after scoring.

3 points though.

But I think it was more down to the service and Novo's lack of sharpness more than anything else.

He has to realise that he doesn't have a God-given right to win every high ball.

Good for you, do you count passes by other players that do not find their man? :pipe:

Personnally i though Boyd won a fair few headers but Novo's lack of match sharpness and lack of support from midfield caused a lot of those to be deemed misplaced.

Good for you, do you count passes by other players that do not find their man? :pipe:

Personnally i though Boyd won a fair few headers but Novo's lack of match sharpness and lack of support from midfield caused a lot of those to be deemed misplaced.

Only on the players who are 'hot topics'.

Davis didn't win a single tackle and Mendes missed five easy passes. He also recieved one flying elbow in the gub that went unpunished from the ref :P

But aye, I agree. Service was rotten. Moreso when you flicked the channel to see John Carew put in a faultless performance as the 'big man' up front.

Novo was fucked after 60 minutes, he was running for two players. Davis would have been better doing the nutcracker at the theatre and Mendes was trying out new hair products for the whole game.

Only on the players who are 'hot topics'.

Davis didn't win a single tackle and Mendes missed five easy passes. He also recieved one flying elbow in the gub that went unpunished from the ref :P

But aye, I agree. Service was rotten. Moreso when you flicked the channel to see John Carew put in a faultless performance as the 'big man' up front.

Man, how many pads and pens do you go through in a game? :pipe:

Scored goal, missed sitter, header saved, fouling a lot, working reasonably hard and winning a few headers. Not bad.

Do you reckon he's upped his game a little or just has a better personel around him?

Boyd has been impressive so far, it's so clear to see that he can be really effective if he has two quick wide players alongside him.

I think his goal is probably the best we have scored this season, at least since Mendes' at Parkhead.

He's been very good tonight, looks like he's enjoyed having two players closer to him.

Linking up well too (tu)

Looks absolutely knackered mind you, sweat was pishing off him after 20 minutes :lol:

Scored goal, missed sitter, header saved, fouling a lot, working reasonably hard and winning a few headers. Not bad.

Do you reckon he's upped his game a little or just has a better personel around him?

Bit of both mate. Worked well and been supported well.

Hope he continues.

Hope he continues.

(tu) another goal or two today would go down well, and boost his confidence im sure.

Boyd has been impressive so far, it's so clear to see that he can be really effective if he has two quick wide players alongside him.

I think his goal is probably the best we have scored this season, at least since Mendes' at Parkhead.

He's been very good tonight, looks like he's enjoyed having two players closer to him.

Linking up well too (tu)

Looks absolutely knackered mind you, sweat was pishing off him after 20 minutes :lol:

Sounds like he's doing well with two players alongside him.

Lets hope he can take confidence from this, and maybe even Walter will play a similar formation more often?

Hope he continues.

(tu) another goal or two today would go down well, and boost his confidence im sure.

and our GD (tu)

He has to come for the ball more though. He often wants to let it come to him, allowing people to nip in and steal it.

And he has to be cuter when fouling people, sometimes it's so bloody obvious.

He has to come for the ball more though. He often wants to let it come to him, allowing people to nip in and steal it.

And he has to be cuter when fouling people, sometimes it's so bloody obvious.

agreed , could end up getting booked for silly fouls