***The Official Champions League Draw Thread***

bluenose_72

Really good draw for us I think, on our day we can beat any of those teams! Although make no mistake about it the other three teams will be thinking the exact same thing!!!!

Still though am already excited and can't wait for us to play our first game now!!!

WATP

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought Hasslebaink was spot on to be honest. We could do it but even if we got third we are still in and in with a bigger shout of going further in europe.

As for Charlie Nicholas though....its just fucking petty some of his comments involving Celtic in several parts of the conversation when they are not even in the draw.

Yep, Hasslebaink was spot on, whatever happens we should have European football after Christmas.

So just because they aren't creaming themselves over our group they might as well have Sellick tops on? doh

Sometimes people on here are more paranoid than the tims are...............................

Or how about saying its a good draw for the gers and they should definately be looking to qualify from that group, not just settle for third........

So just because they aren't creaming themselves over our group they might as well have Sellick tops on? doh

Sometimes people on here are more paranoid than the tims are...............................

Well said DDBTB. (tu)

Some people have very active imaginations. :anguish:

Hello to all Rangers fans, I'm a Steaua Bucharest fan. For those of you who wonder about Unirea, they will play their home games in Ch League at the Ghencea Stadium in Bucharest (Steaua's stadium). For those of you who'd like to travel to Bucharest for the game it's good to check out what Motherwell fans did (Steaua played Motherwell about a month ago). On their board, steelmenonline.com, they were pretty pleased with the trip. Good luck.

Thanks very much mate. :clap:

Am sure we played them in a much tougher group 2 years ago and finished above them.

Give your own team some credit first mate. I think its fair to say that our midfield wouldnt look out of place in a lot of premiership teams

Can't wait for it to begin. Gonna be very tough, no matter how "favourable" the draw may appear, but if we get out and get stuck in I think we've got a decent chance - as long as no one takes it lightly! Call me crazy, but sometimes it's better to get some of the top teams in your group, as you know you're going to have to be on the very top of your form to get a result. It's the less well known teams that worry me most, as there's always a danger of taking them less seriously than the big fish.

They wont be easy, not at all, but at the same time we are not an easy team to beat either and I think thats worth remembering

I am remembering that mate (tu)

I think we can get out the group because all the teams will be closely matched. I'm actually going to go on a limb and say that the two teams who get out of our group will be thw two sides with the lowest points tallies.

I just think if we did end up finishing third it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

For those of you who think Unirea are 6 points assured, you should know that their manager is speaking right now on Romanian TV and saying that he expects points from both games with Rangers :) . He's thinking just like you do, a good opponent to take points from and not finish 4th in the group. He also thinks Sevilla are going to be on top and hopes for a draw home and that it's all to play for with Stuttgart.

I love how people are expecting us to brush Stuttgart aside, but there has been a massive fear of us getting Wolfsburg for months.

Stuttgart only lost out of the Bundesliga title on the last day of last season.

They will not be as easy as some people think.

DBBTB no long ago you were saying to me we could top this group, after i said we have no chance of topping this group.

Whats changed, have you realized the massive task we have now?

They wont be easy, not at all, but at the same time we are not an easy team to beat either and I think thats worth remembering

I am remembering that mate (tu)

I think we can get out the group because all the teams will be closely matched. I'm actually going to go on a limb and say that the two teams who get out of our group will be thw two sides with the lowest points tallies.

I just think if we did end up finishing third it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Totally agree mate. I just think theres no point getting negative about it, I know people are getting a tad carried away but still its not like its barca fiorentina and wolfsburg we got!!! :rolleyes:

i thought Hasslebaink was spot on to be honest. We could do it but even if we got third we are still in and in with a bigger shout of going further in europe.

As for Charlie Nicholas though....its just fucking petty some of his comments involving Celtic in several parts of the conversation when they are not even in the draw.

What did Nicholas say? Bitter wee cunt that he is.

Rangers have been drawn in Group G with Stuttgart, Sevilla and Unirea Urziceni in the UEFA Champions League. Here is a quick look at those three teams:

Unirea Urziceni are the current Romanian Champions, managed by former Chelsea full back player Dan Petescru. This is their first appearance in the Champions League, and indeed it’s their 2nd European adventure after making their maiden bow last year. They only got promoted to the Romanian Top Division as late as 2006. Their stadium is not up to UEFA standards so will play their games in Steaua Bucharest’s 27k capacity stadium. They had a preseason tour of Scotland in July, beating Morton 3-0 and being defeated by Plymouth Argyle 2-1 in Glasgow.

Player to look out for: Antonio Semedo

More at http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/c...hampions-league

I love how people are expecting us to brush Stuttgart aside, but there has been a massive fear of us getting Wolfsburg for months.

Stuttgart only lost out of the Bundesliga title on the last day of last season.

They will not be as easy as some people think.

DBBTB no long ago you were saying to me we could top this group, after i said we have no chance of topping this group.

Whats changed, have you realized the massive task we have now?

I still think we can top the group.

I'm just not ruling out the possibilty of other sides doing it either ;)

This will be the closet group in the competition IMO.