***The Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main concern for me is Boyd, this guy is looking for a new contract plus a starting place in Europe on this performance so far he wont be in contention for both.

C'mon Boyd, lets get the head up and want it. Make Walter job harder and atleast put yourself into contention. This is a perfect opportunity for him to put himself in a great position with everybody playing below par.

yeah his first touch hasn't been great at all today db

The main concern for me is Boyd, this guy is looking for a new contract plus a starting place in Europe on this performance so far he wont be in contention for both.

C'mon Boyd, lets get the head up and want it. Make Walter job harder and atleast put yourself into contention. This is a perfect opportunity for him to put himself in a great position with everybody playing below par.

Looks like Boyd is playing just off Miller aswell <cr>

Guest SandyWaTp
People already slating Rothen :anguish:

I know ffs. The guy has had his first 45mins in a new country and already people are slagging him. Anyone that know anything about him knows hes not a pacy winger yet we are getting people gurning as he has no pace??? Ridiculous. Hes been quiet but hes shown glimpses of his talent and has already put a couple of decent balls into the box. Remember hes played in france his whole life, it will take him time to adapt to a new country. Kevin thomson took 6months to adapt at rangers and hes played in the spl his whole career ffs.

agree 100%

He has been awful as have alot on that park. Where is the Dundee Utd last season performence Kris? Finger out. Along with the others

Hes not suited for an away game.

Im all for playing him at home, but when it comes to an away game we need width, pace, stamina and mobility.

I know ffs. The guy has had his first 45mins in a new country and already people are slagging him. Anyone that know anything about him knows hes not a pacy winger yet we are getting people gurning as he has no pace??? Ridiculous. Hes been quiet but hes shown glimpses of his talent and has already put a couple of decent balls into the box. Remember hes played in france his whole life, it will take him time to adapt to a new country. Kevin thomson took 6months to adapt at rangers and hes played in the spl his whole career ffs.

Exactly. We have to use Rothen's strength which is his delivery. Numerous people posted when he signed that he doesn't have much pace, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Is it not that the entire team bar Boughera and Whittaker seem to be asleep? ;)

Im all for playing him at home, but when it comes to an away game we need width, pace, stamina and mobility.

A 4-3-3 without Boyd would be perfect for an away game. Mendes and Davis would control the game in the middle of the park, and the pace of say Naismith, Miller and Novo up front would cause ANY SPL backline trouble.

Its ridiculous really. 45 mins in to his debut. Give him a break

So, are the people prefering to see the in form Naismith ahead of him today "slating" him? Or, making a practical suggestion?

We look fairly slow today, 2nd to every ball, Naismith is a good "out" ball, and, is also pacy, and will be on a high from his performance on Weds

Makes sense to me

A 4-3-3 without Boyd would be perfect for an away game. Mendes and Davis would control the game in the middle of the park, and the pace of say Naismith, Miller and Novo up front would cause ANY SPL backline trouble.

One of the reasons I feel we would be better off without Boyd. Home games take care of themselves, these are the games that determine where the SPL title goes and we are making it hard for ourselves just so Boyd is included.

The main concern for me is Boyd,this guy is looking for a new contract plus a starting place in Europe on this performance so far he wont be in contention for both.

Is it not that the entire team bar Boughera and Whittaker seem to be asleep? ;)

Did you not read my post and why he is my main concern? :lol:

Read it again, i've highlighted it (tu)