***The Official Motherwell v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rothen ..... no pace, not impressed me so far, on this performance i would prefer to see Naismith out there.

Hang on a sec mate, he's just signed.

Will take him a while to adapt to the frantic pace of Scottish football for a start. Has shown some nice touches and flashes of ability.

I wouldn't have started him, rather slowly bedded him in but he's out there and it is hard to criticise him on very first impressions.

Um? Mendes had a bit of a good game when he signed did he not? Without actually training with the team :pipe:

Rothen has had some nice touches, and, a cracking free kic there, but, I guess he will take time to settle, rather than the impact Mendes had instantly (and Davis), but, he isnt impressive today, so, why jump on the guy like you have? Bit sad really

Rothen ..... no pace, not impressed me so far, on this performance i would prefer to see Naismith out there.

FFS mate, this is what annoys me about some fellow bears, if the guy isent Brian Laudrup in the in the first 45 mins then he is slated.

You should read Papaguys thread about Rothen, he is not a "pacy winger" in the same way Beckham is not.

You can only judge the guy on the performances you see, so far .. not impressed, doesn't mean he won't get better .. of course he will, the Scottish game is quicker than he is used to & he will take some time to adjust.

I would have thought it better to introduce him to a game at home, in front of the home fans to provide the support.

A game like this, against a young enthusiastic Motherwell team is more suited to the in-form Naismith. Certianly Stevie should feel slight agreived as he has done nothing to deserve him being dropped to the bench.

Hang on a sec mate, he's just signed.

Will take him a while to adapt to the frantic pace of Scottish football for a start. Has shown some nice touches and flashes of ability.

I wouldn't have started him, rather slowly bedded him in but he's out there and it is hard to criticise him on very first impressions.

Um? Mendes had a bit of a good game when he signed did he not? Without actually training with the team :pipe:

Rothen has had some nice touches, and, a cracking free kic there, but, I guess he will take time to settle, rather than the impact Mendes had instantly (and Davis), but, he isnt impressive today, so, why jump on the guy like you have? Bit sad really

Might add that since Mendes' initial impact he has went off the boil :rolleyes: