***The Official VfB Stuttgart v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty daft goal to lose, an error from Papac, although a poor ball back from Thomson, allows Stuttgart in behind to set pogrebnyak up for a tap in. Stuttgart are there for the taking though, our only worry is commiting to many men forward and being hit on the counter, towards the end of the half there we started playing pretty well and created a couple of glimmers of hope which bode well for the second half. If we come out strong, we can maybe bring on a sub or two and try and swing the game our favour... as long as it stays 1-0, we are still in it

if i was walter half time i would make 2 changes. i'd come out 2nd half as follows,

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :papac: :ssmith:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :Naismith:

:novo: :mcculloch:

mcculloch might do something up front.

We would get absolutely shagged if we went out with that.Hook miller bring on novo and hope that he adds that bite up front but this is a game where we could seriously use lafferty

Two players for me haven't shown up in this game so far, one is Kevin Thomson and the decision to play McCulloch in CB has come back to haunt us.

Walter has to make a rash decision and put Papac in at CB, Yes i know it ain't ideal but he is the best we have and bring on Steven Smith at LB to give us balance.

This game ain't out of reach yet, but we need to realize we are up against it and it's only a matter of time before they do put it out of reach.

I dont give a fuk if he's playing out of position, lee mcculloch is fucking useless. i fukin hate the prick, why not have papac at CH and smith at LB? seiously, i think smith might have dimensia, the cunts decisions are baffling at times, why is rotten playin on the right? why? is he a right mid? no. and kenny fuckin miller is doin about as much as boyd would do if he were on!

Rothen has done ok with the ball at his feet, I think we could maybe sub him for novo in the second half though and maybe bring beasley on for naismith or miller later on, and if need be at the end, maybe bring boyd or little on. Encouraging towards the end of the second half. Anyone watching this game can see they are still there for the taking, we just have to not make ourselves get caught on a stuttgart counter because they have the players capable of doing that

Some of the reactions are way over the top.

Anyone who thought we'd go to Stuttgart and dominate is clearly not clued up in German football.

We are still in the game, lets get behind the team, instead of wanting to throw in the towel.

Exactly, some have had a wake up call.

In my opinion, Kevin Thomson playing defensive Midfield is doing nothing for us. As soon as he receives a pass, he just sends it straight back. He also is picking up next to no-one. I also can't understand why we are sitting so deep and not closing down. I think we need a player infront of Mendes and Davis like where Barry played 2 years ago.

It obviously isn't helping having McCulloch in defence. It is simply embarresing to have this big fud as a defender in the top competition in Europe.

Don't think it's over yet. I still believe we can take this if we come out positive!! :21:

Two players for me haven't shown up in this game so far, one is Kevin Thomson and the decision to play McCulloch in CB has come back to haunt us.

Walter has to make a rash decision and put Papac in at CB, Yes i know it ain't ideal but he is the best we have and bring on Steven Smith at LB to give us balance.

This game ain't out of reach yet, but we need to realize we are up against it and it's only a matter of time before they do put it out of reach.

Not sure, while McCulloch isn't the answer to a question we have been asking for the close season (what happens when Weir gets injured ??) .. i remember Papac playing at CH and it was almost as frightening.

Would rather play young Wilson in there (if he is on the bench ??) at least it's his natural position.