Pedro Mendes

Amac9

Was he playing today?

Completely anonymous in the CM with McCulloch. Apart from one pass to Miller he contributed to f*ck all! We only slightly improved when Davis moved in one and Naismith and Novo were brought on.

A completely inept performance IMO!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We couldn't get Mendes on the ball today as we were over run in midfield, and that was largely due to McCulloch having one of his worst games in the middle of the park for us today.

(tu) McCulloch was really awful today. Heres hoping for Thomson to took his place against Stuttgart.

Come on though guys are you really surprised by his performance today? It was like that most of last season and having a player as limited as McCulloch alongside him would not have helped. Get Thomson back in alongside Mendes and perhaps he may show a bit of form.

Come on though guys are you really surprised by his performance today? It was like that most of last season and having a player as limited as McCulloch alongside him would not have helped. Get Thomson back in alongside Mendes and perhaps he may show a bit of form.

No!

You are correct, he played like that for most of last season away from home. Not what I want from any Rangers player!

Similar to a lot of last season when he just went missing. All the same, he's still a first name on our team sheet and will continue to be.

IMO if you are playing poorly over a period of time then you deserve to be dropped. We will have Thomson, Edu and Davis also fighting for that position so he has to up his game!

Similar to a lot of last season when he just went missing. All the same, he's still a first name on our team sheet and will continue to be.

IMO if you are playing poorly over a period of time then you deserve to be dropped. We will have Thomson, Edu and Davis also fighting for that position so he has to up his game!

I agree, but i just can't see Mendes being dropped by Smith especially when he'll probably be relying on his Champions League experience for the European games.

Edu is still injured and may take a while to get back to full fitness and as we know Davis is very often played on the right. Lee McCulloch may also be competition but i'd still have Mendes over him any day!

We resorted again today to allowing the opposition to dominate us in the middle of the park, a point that I and others have highlighted time and time again. The best teams pressurise the opposition high up the pitch and force them into snap decisions and errors. We simply let them come at us repeatedly and costly.

Hard to pick out a decent performer but Mendes, Davis, Boyd and Miller were all particularily poor. Well done Alan M'Gregor though. A performance like that in Stuttgart will be a hammering.

forget the midfield, they can only work with the dumplings ahead of them

and miller and boyd offered the square root of fuck all today

miller is shot of confidence and boyd cannot play against a defence that marks him far too tightly

So the performance of a midfield is dependent totally on the display of the forwards?

Load of shite.