Who has scored more crucial goals Boyd or Miller ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Miller scored a lot of important goals last season, doubles against hibs and celtic early on gave him 4 and a great start... there have been plenty of games where boyd has scored the only goal in games but miller has had goals at crucial times too, 1-0 down to hamilton at ibrox, im sure miller had just come back into the team and scored a belter to get us back to 1-1 before boyd scored the crucial 2nd and 3rd, sure theres plenty of other examples to search through

I saw this on the BBC and, just struck me, if you replace the word heskey, with the word miller, its bang on, if a tad dramatic. The highlighted part is a concern for me, and, why I probably get pissy when people go on about Miller being the lone strker in Europe

Heskey is a striker, however, and it is only right that he should actually be expected to strike just occasionally, something he shows little sign of doing.

What if the one chance of a tightly contested quarter-final falls to the less-than-clinical Heskey? This is the major risk Capello is taking with his continued selection, but he is not for turning and, barring injury or catastrophic loss of form, Heskey will be in South Africa

For crucial goals, see Ignacio Novo.

Indeed, bring back the proven Boyd-Novo partnership.

I can't recall Boyd and Novo being a partnership for an significant period of time, nevermind a proven one.

I think I'm thinking more of under McLeish but tbf that might have been more of a 3.

Novo wins hands down here -- although the thread isn't about him. Gets us unto the CL Group stages, gets us through v Pana in the UEFA run... Scores v the scum.. scored to win us the league v Hibs in 2005 etc. etc

For Rangers Boyd or Miller after watching Miller miss another crucial chance today because he had to think about it before hittin it, it had me thinking who's scored more crucial goals ? Staticians out there clue me up ? :sherlock:

Should have added sooner - Nice fishing trip BD!