• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the Sevilla team will be something like;

Palop

Konko Escude Squillaci Dragutinovic

Navas Duscher/Lolo Renato Capel/Perotta

Kanoute Fabiano

What a squad they have!

:disappointment: that is scary. Plus they have won 5 in row and we're fucking pish. :disappointment::disappointment::disappointment::disappointment:

It's a good thing Romaric is out.

He would eat our entire midfield!

Sevilla FC forward Frédéric Kanouté has issued a warning to his team-mates ahead of tomorrow's match with Rangers FC, priming them to be ready for an intimidating Scottish atmosphere.

Passionate support

The Liga high-fliers travel to Ibrox in wonderful domestic form and are favourites to return to Spain with three Group G points, but ex-Tottenham Hotspur FC striker Kanouté is wary of the electric atmosphere and has told his colleagues what they can expect from the passionate Rangers supporters. "We've been talking about the atmosphere and the support here as a group, and I know from my time in England what it's going to be like," he said. "The fans here really support their team and we know it will be tough, but we will have to try and overcome that. All teams in Scotland have that fighting spirit and are highly motivated and that could be dangerous.

European success

"We are not thinking beyond this game," added the 32-year-old. "We must concentrate on securing qualification from the group stage before we look further than that in the competition." Sevilla have happy memories of Glasgow after they won the 2007 UEFA Cup at Hampden Park, yet Kanouté believes coach Manuel Jiménez can boast an even more impressive squad than the one that lifted silverware two years ago. "If we win then we are nearly through to the next round, but we know this game could be complicated," he said. "I don't like to talk about winning the competition but we want to go further than two years ago and it's definitely possible because this team is better.

Unenviable position

"We had a good squad back then full of good players but this time we have a squad packed with good players so anything is possible. If you don't think positively, you wouldn't be playing the game," added the Malian international, who does not envy Jiménez in attempting to keep his players happy as well as fresh. "This squad is much stronger in numbers. Back then we couldn't rotate the squad as much, but we know we can because we have a squad full of quality. The coach has got a difficult job. We all want to play, but he's got to pick a team that is fresh."

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu...ml?cid=PULSE_TW

:mcgregor:
:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:davis: :thomson: :mendes:
:Naismith: :miller: :rothen:

We all know the drill by now 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Miller leading the line, it's frustrating but effective in Europe. If everybody is pass fit then that's the team i would like Walter to play, but no doubts McCulloch will end up starting. :anguish:

With Papac and Davis fit I would play :

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:mendes: :thomson:

:novo: :davis: :rothen:

:Naismith:

Without Papac and Davis I'd either play :

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :ssmith:

:mcculloch:

:thomson: :mendes:

:Naismith: :miller: :rothen:

or

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :ssmith:

:novo: :thomson: :mcculloch: :rothen:

:Naismith:

Now I know people will be thinking "McCulloch should be nowhere near the team!" which I agree with but since there is no Edu he is the only other option we have apart from Davis who might not be fit.

And I think the 5-4-1 formation would work not conceding any goals wise, and scoring wise we might nick one or two I reckon.

Thoughts?

Sevilla's Fredi Kanoute says a win over Rangers on Tuesday will all but secure the Spanish side's progress to the Champions League knock-out stages.

"I think, if we win, we are almost sure to pass through to the next round," said the striker, who spent two years with Tottenham Hotspur.

"We are quite confident about the game - about any game actually. But that doesn't mean we are overconfident.

"We are careful also about this team because I know them a little bit."

Sevilla are favourites to top Group G and arrived in Glasgow on Monday afternoon on the back of a five-match winning run in all competitions, scoring 14 goals.

Rangers, on the other hand, have failed to net in their last three Scottish Premier League outings.

But Kanoute was not taking it for granted that his side would follow their opening 2-0 win over Romanian champions Unirea Urziceni with another victory.

"All the teams in Scotland have got this fighting spirit and motivation that can harm us," said the 32-year-old Mali international.

Sevilla coach Manolo Jimenez

Two seasons ago, Sevilla topped a group that included Arsenal only to crash out to Fenerbahce in the last 16 but thinks they are now a stronger side.

"We had a squad last time full of good players, but I think this time we've got a squad packed with quality and I think the squad is even bigger," said Kanoute.

"So I think we are better equipped to go further this time around."

Sevilla coach Manolo Jimenez was discounting Rangers domestic problems and expected Walter Smith's side to pile on the pressure from the first whistle.

"As far as I'm concerned, they're the biggest Scottish team in Europe," said Jimenez. "They've got a very significant history.

"Above all, we know it's not going to be an easy task. There's a great connection between their fans and the team.

"English teams, Scottish teams, Irish teams - in fact British teams as a whole - always play with that kind of desire and effort, really wanting to make things hard for us.

"But, in the face of all that, we've got to try to play our own game and play our own football and try to withstand the kind of onslaught that we're probably going to be expecting."

Jimenez acknowledged his side were in excellent form but warned of the consequences of complacency.

"Although we're on a good run - certainly in the league at home - and we've started quite well in the Champions League, we know we can't relax for one minute," he said.

"The moment you do relax in football, it all comes down on top of you."

Scottish football is suffering from a lack of funding this season, but Jimenez insisted it still had quality at the top.

"Scottish football as a whole and the Premier League in Scotland, I'm very impressed by," he said.

"Rangers were the winners of that competition last time around, so that's evidence in itself that they've got great players.

"I've got huge respect for the manager, Walter Smith."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/8279741.stm

Im not looking forward to this one bit :anguish:

Great attitude to have before the first Champions League game at ibrox for just short of 2 years. The team will be buzzing when they come out the tunnel to hear you moaning about how much you don't want to be there.

The team should be buzzing in every game..... thats the problem

Best post i've read so far the night supercooper.

No matter who we play against and in what league or cup our aim and attitude should

be the same.

Do or die 110% effort win lose or draw

The fans would always know that with that kind of spirit the team would never have let them down.

And would always follow with pride.

May the legends of Rangers past be within the Rangers present the morrow night.

Fazio, Acosta, Duscher and Perotti are in Seville. I think the Sevilla team in the match is:

Palop

Sánchez Squillaci Escudé Adriano

Navas Renato Zokora Capel

Luis Fabiano Kanouté

Sorry for my bad english <cr>

PD: my favorite team of the Scottish Premier League, is Glasgow Rangers. The best team in Scotland :happy:

Fazio, Acosta, Duscher and Perotti are in Seville. I think the Sevilla team in the match is:

Palop

Luis Fabiano Kanouté

PD: my favorite team of the Scottish Premier League, is Glasgow Rangers. The best team in Scotland :happy:

Strong team through-out. Particularly enjoy watching Diego Capel, hopefully he has a nightmare tomorrow, along with the rest of your players.

Palop

Luis Fabiano Kanouté

meh seems alright, i dont like our chances when i look at their teamsheet

Palop

Luis Fabiano Kanouté

Comparing recent form and general quality of players you're massive favourites for this. :anguish:

When the draw was 1st being made Sevilla were one of the weakest in pot 1.

Their team may be better on paper, but alot of teams have looked good on paper and not done the business. Ibrox can be the great equaliser.

2-1 to the Gers with a late winner from Bougherra

Why the fuck are you in till that late Chris?

Evening class. Higher English

Nae need for classes, just learn quotes and be done with it. :pipe:

Its a memory test! Not a writing test!

Yes, I'm bitter!