How much can you give?

Emerson

It would really depend on the circumstances, thankfully it won't come to that (we hope). I think we give alot in any case, ticket sales, setanta and now sky and espn subscriptions, 2 or 3 new strips each year. Hopefully when the club is eventually sold the new owners will realise that if they are sensible they have a good commercial base to work from. By sensib;le I mean not wasting Millions on the like of Mcculoch, Velicka, Lafferty, etc.

I hate seeing sky subscriptions being used in totaling amounts spent on Rangers. No offence.

I know what you mean, I had Sky anyway but some people must have subscribed just to watch Rangers. I think it's fair to add it as an expense for football fans of all teams.

I disagree. You subcribe as a customer of sky. Your subscription charge is payed to sky.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would really depend on the circumstances, thankfully it won't come to that (we hope). I think we give alot in any case, ticket sales, setanta and now sky and espn subscriptions, 2 or 3 new strips each year. Hopefully when the club is eventually sold the new owners will realise that if they are sensible they have a good commercial base to work from. By sensib;le I mean not wasting Millions on the like of Mcculoch, Velicka, Lafferty, etc.

I hate seeing sky subscriptions being used in totaling amounts spent on Rangers. No offence.

I know what you mean, I had Sky anyway but some people must have subscribed just to watch Rangers. I think it's fair to add it as an expense for football fans of all teams.

I disagree. You subcribe as a customer of sky. Your subscription charge is payed to sky.

I know it does? I never said it didn't. However Sky pays the Leagues who the then pay the clubs alot of money for the rights.

Football clubs are heavily relient on our Sky Sports subscriptions and for many of us football is the main reason for subscribing, therfore it is fair to say that Sky Sports is part of the expense of following modern football.

I know it does? I never said it didn't. However Sky pays the Leagues who the then pay the clubs alot of money for the rights.

Football clubs are heavily realient on our Sky Sports subscriptions and for many of us football is the main reason for subscribing, therfore it is fair to say that Sky Sports is part of the expense of following modern football.

Yes it's an expense in following football. But not in supporting Rangers.

I couldn't give a huge lump sum, simply because I don't have it.

I would happily commit to a monthly £25 or so though, and would do this indefinitely.

The article in the Herald, speculation though it was, mentioned £1000 payable over 5 years. That sounds good to me.

Wouldn't give a penny towards some hair brained scheme to be wasted by egomaniacs who say they are representatives of the support, or to pay off a debt to a bank who encouraged debts to be built up.I have paid out enough over the years and especially the last few years of non entertainment where the passion has been more off the field than on it.