Will Bougherra miss the Killie game?

derekweir29

I noticed in tonight's Evening Times that Derek Johnstone has a pop at Bougherra's amazing recovery which allows him to play for Algeria, but not for Rangers.

He stops short of saying he's "at it", but he is most definitely having a go at the Algerian.

According to some, Big DJ must post on RM then. :rolleyes:

The only thing he deserves people having a go at him for is whatever happened at the airport as i don't believe the story he told about mobiles and passports. I have a feeling he has been disciplined for this without it being made public.

The guy has been injured since and recovered in time to play this week, i am sure Rangers aren't exactly happy this now means 2 games in 4 days but that was just bad luck with the 2-0 result to Egypt.

He shouldn't play at the weekend as he doesn't have too and it's very important he plays against the Germans.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He blanked Walter for the best part of a week when he last returned from international duty, hence his dropping from the next game, phone, email,text etc etc how hard was it to get in touch?

Our club doctor should never have let him travel for this latest international thats turned into two considering he missed our last 6 games, remember who pays his wages, wise up ffs.

If he showed such a lack of respect to Walter then why didn't he get booted out of the team or suspended like Ferguson and McGregor did?

He has every right to play for his country, and we're doing fine without him. I really don't understand this rapid attitude change to Bougherra. Perhaps he's catching a bit of the blame for the Unirea shambles?

We have beaten bigger and better teams than Kilmarnock without Madjid Bougherra, and we'll continue to do so.

It's important he's ready for the next 3-4 weeks, as we have some massive matches coming up, especially away from home.

It's not his fault Algeria draw.

If they'd have kept it at 1-0, he'd have been fine for Killie. They didn't, and he'll need to play in Sudan tomorrow.

Not his problem!

If he defended well and maybe went on a rampaging run and scored he wouldnt have been in this mess :craphead:

People are looking into this a bit too much i think.

He will be back for Stuttgart, this extra tie is outwith his hands, the most important thing is he remains fit and these games will keep him up to speed.

I reiterate he is at it big time.

All you apologists for him, think about it.

He isnt coming back from International duty on time, isnt playing for US - WHO PAY HIS FUCKIN WAGES, is risking more injury playing for his country.

Gety him to fuck

He will be back for Stuttgart, this extra tie is outwith his hands, the most important thing is he remains fit and these games will keep him up to speed.

He isnt coming back from International duty on time, isnt playing for US - WHO PAY HIS FUCKIN WAGES, is risking more injury playing for his country.

Gety him to fuck

I'm not an apologist for anyone, but I'm not going to criticise someone until I know the facts about the situation.

This whole thing seems like half the people are trying to one-up each other on their levels of cynicism.

We'd never have won the title last season if it wasn't for Bougherra, but everyone's turning on him because he's missed a few games. Based on people's attitudes towards him, I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving in January.

Gety him to fuck

I'm not an apologist for anyone, but I'm not going to criticise someone until I know the facts about the situation.

This whole thing seems like half the people are trying to one-up each other on their levels of cynicism.

We'd never have won the title last season if it wasn't for Bougherra, but everyone's turning on him because he's missed a few games. Based on people's attitudes towards him, I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving in January.

That is precisely the point some on here are making, he is off in January, nothing is surer.

Gety him to fuck

The first was his fault but how can you blame him for being injured ? You have to play for your international team if selected and judged fit by the international teams doctor so how can he be criticisied for that.

Get our best player to fuck, what a great idea that is...... :rolleyes:

The first was his fault but how can you blame him for being injured ? You have to play for your international team if selected and judged fit by the international teams doctor so how can he be criticisied for that.

Hey, we agree on something :lol:

Hey, we agree on something :lol:

These things happen now again...don't worry though it won't last long...... :lol:

Just said on Sky Sports News that Walter says he may not play because he not due back until Friday. Just as we thought.

I just hope he gets through this game ok. Could potentially be a pretty serious/deadly game!

Its on Eurosport for those that want to watch it

Just said on Sky Sports News that Walter says he may not play because he not due back until Friday. Just as we thought.

I just hope he gets through this game ok. Could potentially be a pretty serious/deadly game!

Its on Eurosport for those that want to watch it

stubluekpl left vietnam today and told me not to give his ticket away for saturday

maybe he wants to be in glasgow a wee bit more than boogy does this saturday

by Matthew Lindsay

RANGERS assistant Ally McCoist is keeping his fingers crossed Madjid Bougherra will be fit to play against Kilmarnock at Ibrox this weekend.

Centre half Bougherra helped Algeria qualify for the World Cup finals with a 1-0 win over Egypt in Sudan on Wednesday night.

The Rangers Player of the Year, who has been out of most of his club's side's recent matches injured, jetted off to meet his country's president after booking a spot in South Africa.

McCoist said: "I sent him a text on Wednesday night. He replied and said he was on a flight to Algeria to meet the president.

"He is due back today, so I'm not ruling him out of anything."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...535382.0.0.php#

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra is not expected to feature for Rangers against Kilmarnock tomorrow, despite the fact he should be back in the country by then.

The Algerian helped his country secure a spot at the World Cup this summer following a play-off win over Egypt, but Walter Smith is not expected to risk the player against Killie.

Bougherra has been out with a knee strain and after playing two games within four days, Smith is keen to ensure that the player is fit for Tuesday's Champions League game against Stuttgart.

"We expect to see him back shortly but given the length of time that he has been out, I had not really pencilled him in for Kilmarnock," said Smith.

"He played on Saturday and then again on Wednesday and it'll likely take a bit of time for him to be fully fit.

"Tuesday was always going to be the more likely game for him for us.

"It is a terrific achievement for him to get to the World Cup.

"Algeria played really well, despite the fact they made life hard for themselves and he'll be delighted to have got there."

Publication date 20/11/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...arnock_game.php