France are going to the World Cup....get over it!

Embassyno1

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time I've agreed with this scum supporting neanderthal.

Roy Keane has lambasted the Republic of Ireland's attempts to get their controversial World Cup play-off match against France replayed.

The Republic appealed to Fifa after their 2-1 aggregate defeat by France on the basis that the winning goal came after a blatant Thierry Henry handball.

But Ipswich boss Keane said: "They can complain all they want but France are going to the World Cup - get over it.

"France were there for the taking and Ireland didn't do it. Same old story."

The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Republic as a player, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the game, I wouldn't be talking about the handball. I'd focus on why the defenders didn't clear it. They should've cleared it.

"I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry. How can you let the ball bounce in your six-yard box? How can you let Thierry Henry get goal-side of you? If the ball goes into the six-yard box, where the hell is my goalkeeper?

"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy.

"Ireland had their chances in the two games and they never took them. They had chances at Croke Park (in the first leg) and they had chances on Wednesday.

606: DEBATE

Is Roy Keane right?

"They didn't take them, but it's the usual FAI (Football Association of Ireland) reaction - 'we've been robbed, the honesty of the game...' It's rubbish."

And Keane pointed out that controversial decisions went Ireland's way in the qualifying campaign, not least a harsh penalty award against Georgia which helped them to clinch a 2-1 qualifying win in February.

"There was one match against Georgia where Ireland got a penalty and it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen which changed the whole course of the game.

"I don't remember the FAI after the game saying we should give them a replay."

Keane's antipathy towards the FAI stems back to the Pacific island of Saipan in 2002 when he left the team's pre-World Cup training camp, complaining that the facilities were sub-standard.

Keane has never forgiven Delaney for allegedly failing to contact him during the incident and misleading the media as to his whereabouts after his controversial exit from the tournament after the row with boss Mick McCarthy over facilities.

"People seem to forget what was going on in that World Cup, and that man (FAI chief executive John Delaney) is on about honesty? I wouldn't take notice of anything that man says.

"I was one of the players at that World Cup and he didn't have the courtesy to ring me. I'd been involved with Ireland since I was 15 years of age and that man didn't have the decency to make a phone call. He could have phoned me, of course he could have."

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen called on Fifa, football's world governing body, to order a replay, saying he would raise the issue with French President Nicolas Sarkozy at a Brussels summit.

:mutley:

I hope wee Nick just tells him to go home.

Sarkozy on hearing Cowen's intentions...

sarkozy_nicolas_AP3.jpg

Very surprised at no replay because it was only a couple of hours ago the wee lassie reading the news bulletin on radio cattolica or real radio no sure which noo says that the whole World, yes the WHOLE WORLD was united against Thierry Henry and the hand ball ????? The crazies are gettin fcukin worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sherlock:

Very surprised at no replay because it was only a couple of hours ago the wee lassie reading the news bulletin on radio cattolica or real radio no sure which noo says that the whole World, yes the WHOLE WORLD was united against Thierry Henry and the hand ball ????? The crazies are gettin fcukin worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sherlock:

they'll be taking it to the UN next :pipe:

expect a statement from B K Moon any time soon

my ass lol - maybe you give him the benefit the first time, but not when he handled it the second time. Anyway, he admitted he handled the ball, though him saying it was not on purpose is the biggest joke.

Come on, I know some of feel obligated to hate the Oirish, but that was just cut and dried cheating, plain and simple

And of course it's never happened to any other team..... :rolleyes:

Im usually just an avid viewer on this forum and I dont post much here but today i feel i should. Im very disappointed with fellow rangers supporters on here. Ireland were blatantly robbed and no one can deny that. Also just because u are irish does not mean u are a catholic tim supporter. I can assure u 95% of irish people dont give a toss about celtic despite what the plastic paddies in scotland say. Im a die hard irish rangers supporter and proud of that. Irelands previous manager Brian kerr also admitted on national radio that he was a rangers supporter through his childhood. So lets have some common sense here. And some sense of at least fair play to Ireland. :uk:

Im usually just an avid viewer on this forum and I dont post much here but today i feel i should. Im very disappointed with fellow rangers supporters on here. Ireland were blatantly robbed and no one can deny that. Also just because u are irish does not mean u are a catholic tim supporter. I can assure u 95% of irish people dont give a toss about celtic despite what the plastic paddies in scotland say. Im a die hard irish rangers supporter and proud of that. Irelands previous manager Brian kerr also admitted on national radio that he was a rangers supporter through his childhood. So lets have some common sense here. And some sense of at least fair play to Ireland. :uk:

must admit i feel sorry for them blantantly cheated out of a game,if it was rangers id be furious

must admit i feel sorry for them blantantly cheated out of a game,if it was rangers id be furious

It would be easier to feel sorry for them had they not brought a rat to the banquet in the form of Diving McGeady and then had the gall (pun intended) to complain about cheaters, and expecting special treatment that they themselves wouldn't offer.

Just logged on...in a nutshell....what the feck is actually happening?? :D

Vive L'Henry! I love that man!!! :D

I can not for the life of me understand the outcry in favour of Ireland! What is it that's so special about them. I mean, seriously...even taking my allegiances aside, I still struggle to see why heads of state should be getting involved.

Also got a new appreciation for Roy Keane...did you watch his interview....almost spitting fire at the whinging coming from the Irish! :lol:

That penalty decision against Georgia is actually the worst I've seen, worse than us against Italy when they scored in the last minute. Keane handballs it and is offside yet they get a penalty. :huh: