Its said that Magic's agent is to speak with the club next week

Boab

Madjid Bougherra's agent will hold showdown talks with Rangers next week.

SunSport revealed yesterday how Bougherra was involved in a training ground bust-up with team-mate Kenny Miller.

And an Ibrox exit in January is appearing more and more likely for the Algerian.

Bougy is attracting interest from the Premiership and the Bundesliga, with Spurs the latest big name to be linked with Walter Smith's star man.

And although the 27-year-old's agent, Julien Piveteau, has received no official approaches, he admitted the chances of Bougherra quitting Ibrox next month are increasing.

He said: "Obviously there was a problem with Madjid returning from international duty late. Originally Rangers told me we'd discuss things at the end of this season. But the biggest issue could be their money problems.

"I have now arranged to go to Glasgow next week to speak to the club.

"After that meeting we will have a clearer idea of what is likely to happen, if anything, in January."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...-for-Bougy.html

How much we believe the Sun is another matter albeit there are quotes here.

Betis link: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=3929881

If he leaves in January, some people are going to rejoice (wrongly, in my estimation). Bougherra is still our best defender, and you can argue he's still our best player overall, if we sell him no replacement will come in. Then you have to think about what happens if either Weir or Wilson go down or are suspended, McCulloch or Broadfoot will likely come in as a replacement

If he leaves in January, some people are going to rejoice (wrongly, in my estimation). Bougherra is still our best defender, and you can argue he's still our best player overall, if we sell him no replacement will come in. Then you have to think about what happens if either Weir or Wilson go down or are suspended, McCulloch or Broadfoot will likely come in as a replacement

(tu)

Best player or not, if his heart is not in it he should be sold. There is also the possibility that the club want him gone and that both parties will be happy with the outcome.

If he does leave in January, I hope he rattles both Miller and McCulloch before he goes!

Bunch of shitebags the both of them - all too good at opening their mouth, but can't let the football do the talking because they are both piss poor!

If Bougherra does go in January, then we are in trouble - bar Danny Wilson, the options are horrific.

Hope it's his travel agent ,gettin him a plane to fuck outa ibrox,best player or not ,no one is bigger than the club,the club comes first

WATP

You would risk surrendering the title to the tims if it means getting Bougherra out, who the manager doesnt even have a problem with, and whos misdemeanours have probably been exagerrated by the scummy mhedia?

Could be the difference if we have to play any amount of games with Broadfoot or McCulloch at the back with Weir.

The possibility if Bougherra leaving in January is very slim given that he will be at he African Nations Cup for pretty much the entire transfer winow leaving little time to negotiate a move to another club. There are not many African players who change clubs during the tournament.

I think we will have him until after the World Cup and by that time, following some good performances on the world stage, his value will increase by a couple of million. If Rangers play their cards right and don't fold at the first offer we could get good money for Madjid.

The possibility if Bougherra leaving in January is very slim given that he will be at he African Nations Cup for pretty much the entire transfer winow leaving little time to negotiate a move to another club. There are not many African players who change clubs during the tournament.

I think we will have him until after the World Cup and by that time, following some good performances on the world stage, his value will increase by a couple of million. If Rangers play their cards right and don't fold at the first offer we could get good money for Madjid.

I can see this being the case. I think this will give clubs more time to estimate him aswell and put in decent offers.

like BITC said not many players at the ACON change clubs because they are away for nearly the whole window,

boughie will be here until the summer, unless we get a crazy bid this window, which we wont cause clubs dont wanna buy players that wont arrive till feb

im hoping his agent speaks to the club about a fucking contract extension and imo if bougherra was to succeed weir as captain his "behaviour" would improve big time

He will be our player until after the World Cup. I believe that we dont HAVE to sell a player and unless we get an offer of £6M in January I cannot see him going. Makes much more sense for us to hang on to a player whose value could rise rapidly over the next 7 months.

Watched Blackpool V Preston last night & Bouazza was mentioned(sure thts the name) and the fact he was late getting back from Algeria as they had a party with the President

He asked for permission mate,and Ian Holloway said just to come to training on the Monday.

I posted the article in the Boogie thread.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sports-n...lash.5840500.jp

Real Betis could offer Madjid Bougherra the opportunity to quit Rangers in January.

The Spanish club are interested in landing the Algerian international in the next transfer window after discovering the Ibrox club could be prepared to cash-in on the controversial stopper.

Bougherra appears to have burned his bridges at the SPL champions after failing to return on time from international duty for a third time after helping Algeria qualify for the World Cup Finals.

And a training ground scrap with team-mate Kenny Miller, which came on the back of the Scotland striker's public criticism of Bougherra, hasn't gone down with his Rangers bosses.

Manager Walter Smith is refusing to cast him aside as he feels he is too important a player at this moment in time as he aims to keep his side on course for a successful defence of their SPL championship.

However, it's also believed he would give the sale of Bougherra his approval if it brought in badly needed funds - providing he would be in a position to sign a replacement.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...d_bougherra.php