Boyd meets with agent and Strachan

TheNuts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a story but until i see some quotes from Rangers, Boyds agent or Middlesborough I will say it is nothing more than a rumour. If that changes in the next few days I'd be more than happy to admit I was wrong

i will go to mass every sunday for a year and eat those funny bits of suagr paper they pass around if Middlesburgh sign Kris Boyd

Christ I'm confident Boyd will stay but not that fuckin confident

Kris Boyd will not be going to Boro!

1- He rejected Birmingham last season who were pushing for promotion and offering wages of £25k a week. Why would he go to a piss poor team who will finish mid table.

2- He will want to stay at Rangers. So he will wait to see what Martin Bain has to offer him.

3- He is in the final 6 months of his contract and will not jump at the first month. He will wait as long as he wants to get the club he wants (If he decides to leave)

4- If the likes of Bochum, Sochaux, Birmingham, Newcastle are really interested in him then surely he would move there rather than go to Boro and sit in the Championship for years to come.

5- Middlesborough are pish!

I have a really bad feeling about this transfer window, I can see us loosing Boyd, McGreggor, Mendes and Davis!!!

aww naw dont say that.

if that is the case though, we have: alexander, thompson and edu

we would also use the money from the transfers towards a new striker.

I have a really bad feeling about this transfer window, I can see us loosing Boyd, McGreggor, Mendes and Davis!!!

aww naw dont say that.

Ludicrous

Kris Boyd today held showdown talks with Rangers over his immediate future at Ibrox.

SportTimes can reveal Middlesbrough and Birmingham City have both made official approaches to the Ibrox club and asked for permission to speak to the striker, who is out of contract at the end of this season.

Boyd is in no rush to quit the SPL champions – and his preference would be to agree a new long-term contract.

However, his future is now in the hands of Rangers. If they tell him he is not for sale then Boyd is happy to continue playing and helping the team defend their championship in the second half of the season.

But if the cash-strapped club rule out any chance of a new deal – and decide to sell their top scorer – then Boyd will explore all his options which include joining up again with the man who signed him for Rangers, Alex McLeish, or former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan, who has made it clear to Boyd’s representative he wants the 26-year-old this month.

Boyd – who recently broke Henrik Larsson’s SPL scoring record – could increase his wages significantly if he leaves.

He is well below the top earners, but is happy to remain for the rest of the season even if a new deal to extend his stay is not put in place.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain got back behind his desk today after the holiday period and it is understood his priority will be to resolve Boyd’s future.

There have been tentative discussions over a new contract, but Rangers will have to up the ante and give Boyd a deal he feels his performances have merited.

Strachan is also chasing former Ranger Charlie Adam. The midfielder has been in fantastic form for Blackpool.

Despite assurances he does not have to sell any of his stars this month, Smith might be willing to let someone go if it gives him an opportunity to bring in new faces. He wants to offload Jerome Rothen six months early on his loan deal. And Pedro Mendes could also be deemed surplus to requirements. The Portuguese is being tracked by Sporting Lisbon.

Mendes has been out of action since October when he suffered knee ligament damage, but is now just two weeks away from full fitness.

On the injury front, Nacho Novo should only miss the double-header against Hamilton in the cup this Sunday, and SPL on January 16, after suffering a damaged thigh at Parkhead.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor...future-1.996314

Bain will probably offer him a 50p wage increase.

aww naw dont say that.

Ludicrous

I hope it is mate, keep the team together an we win the league, dont and we loose it?

aww naw dont say that.

Ludicrous

I hope it is mate, keep the team together an we win the league, dont and we loose it?

if we dont keep the team together doesnt mean we wont win the league...

i hope shagger, boyd and davis stay.

id be happy to flog brodfoot, lafferty, alexander (but keep shagger), mendes. (fleck-loan),

Why would he want to go and play in front of 10,000 Boro fans with that ex-Celtic prick Strachan? Even 100k a week wouldn't be enough money to live in Middlesborough.

i have no idea...its all a bit strange.

... like make up pish rumours :sherlock:

Like come on here and start a pish rumour.

hope the both of you feel like the total cunts you are right now :wanker:

No not at all :lol:, Don't believe much until its actually confirmed in papers etc. :wanker:

Edit - Sorry for the doubting Union. (tu)

No not at all :lol:, Don't believe much until its actually confirmed in papers etc. :wanker:

but there was no sign of it in the papers until this morning and unionbear came out with the information yesterday.

but there was no sign of it in the papers until this morning and unionbear came out with the information yesterday.

Thats what am saying, I believe it when all the papers mention it, no just somebody on a forum.

Just got the 'Belfast telegraph' back page headline is 'Strachan set to bid for Boyd and Celtic trio'

Saws he was at sundays game and on a scouting trip to swoop for Caldwell, Robson, Flood and Boyd. Says he's trying to land Boyd for 1.5m and a further 1.5m for the 3 Tims.. :drool: