The broad Church of modern day Rangers fans

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I have to strengthen my original point here as a lot of what I said has been misconstrued

What I want for the Rangers support is untiy - we are never going achieve this if a very vocal section of our fanbase continues to cling on to a dying culture......a culture which has become increasingly irrelevant in the last couple of years. Protestantism, religion in general, is on its knees - emptying Churches and very few young people active in organised religion.....in this country at least. Loyalism, a compelte and utter irrelevance as Northern Ireland moves away from over 30 years of sectarian civil war. Someone tell me what place the Orange Order has in Scotland in 2010?

But our History deserves to be celebrated - celebrated in a good and proud way rather than people using it as an invitation to battle. Rangers are a football club it is not a vehicle for certain peoples political and/or religious beliefs.....not now, not ever.

On the contrary TWB....I would respectfully suggest to you that there will never be unity if people like yourself continually insult other Bears by suggesting that their "culture" is irrelevant.

What do you actually mean when you say "culture" ?

Are you talking about the Protestant religion ? And how do you qualify your statement that its on its knees ? Certainly the Church of Scotland has seen better days....but other Protestant churches such as the Baptist Church are showing a healthy increase in church membership.

Rangers are a football club it is not a vehicle for certain peoples political and/or religious beliefs.....not now, not ever.

Absolutely erroneous.

Rangers by their own actions...particularly in the 1920's have established themselves as the club of identity for Protestant Scotland....as much as Celtic did to attract a Catholic fanbase. Despite attempts by both clubs to play down that identity both are happy to utilise such an identity...particulary for financial gain.

Therefore Rangers were more than happy to be a vehcile for Protestantism...and to present themselves as a club who were of Protestant identity. So you are completely wrong to suggest otherwise.

I feel I have to strengthen my original point here as a lot of what I said has been misconstrued

What I want for the Rangers support is untiy - we are never going achieve this if a very vocal section of our fanbase continues to cling on to a dying culture......a culture which has become increasingly irrelevant in the last couple of years. Protestantism, religion in general, is on its knees - emptying Churches and very few young people active in organised religion.....in this country at least. Loyalism, a compelte and utter irrelevance as Northern Ireland moves away from over 30 years of sectarian civil war. Someone tell me what place the Orange Order has in Scotland in 2010?

But our History deserves to be celebrated - celebrated in a good and proud way rather than people using it as an invitation to battle. Rangers are a football club it is not a vehicle for certain peoples political and/or religious beliefs.....not now, not ever.

It has a place for people willing to exercise their right to celebrate their religion and how people fought and died to preserve it on these shores.

People who hate the Orange order have no idea what it stands for or are bigots themselves.

Maybe its Britney !!!!

I already said that but Bp9 jumped to its defence. Nearly 40 pages and all I've learned is the radlord is an arse bandit......as i suspected.

How do you know that TAFKAWVB? :sherlock:

So, to sum up, was Baa Baa Black Sheep banned on racial grounds? Yes.

Have some councils decided to rescind that ban as it is ridiculous? At least one has, acording to your quote.

Have some authorities failed to rescind that ban, thereby continuing to ban Baa Baa Black Sheep on racial grounds? Yes, my daughter's school is one of them.

If any of those three answers are wrong, please contradict them. If not, I suggest you give up, as you clearly do not have a clue what you are talking about.

Good night, I can't wait to read your response in the morning! :rolleyes:

Show me what council in the UK has banned Baa Baa Black Sheep in the UK and I'll believe you.

I had a sleepless night, excitedly wondering what reply you were going to come up with. I was like a small child on Christmas Eve, desperate for morning to come so that I could open my presents.

And that's what you come up with? I've never been so disappointed :(

Couple of things: what is it you want me to show you? An internal memo from the Chief Executive of a council which explicitly states that Baa Baa Black Sheep is banned on racial grounds? I'm afraid I don't have such a thing. You've shown yourself that Birmingham City Council banned it (since rescinded). The fact is, my daughter's nursery has banned Baa Baa Black Sheep on the grounds that it may cause racial offence. Have they acted on their own? Well no, gogzy's child's nursery has done the same. Is it coincidence that the only two nurseries to have banned the song - both of which are acting on their own with no guidance from the council, apparently - have parents who post in this thread? <cr>

Secondly, what on Earth makes you think I care if you believe me or not? :lol:

oh my god, i can't believe they're trotting out the 'they've banned christmas!' tripe. So fuck if councils occasionally make ridiculous decisions like that? Political Correctness is often a bit clumsy. Next you'll be complaining you can't even smear hot excrement onto a Paki's front door without offending the Jews! (thanks to Stewart Lee for that one)

Yeah, nursery rhymes are no more, all celtic fans are F***** cunts who sexually abuse their children.

Outlaw mentioned BBBS being seen to be racially offensive, HelloMoto denied that had happened. If you accept that councils have made these decisions (which you do in your post), then any subsequent argument about the subject is brought on by HelloMoto denying the truth and being corrected.

Your last sentence has no bearing on what Outlaw said (neither does your first, come to that - or your second last!). So we're left with two sentences, which read:

So fuck if councils occasionally make ridiculous decisions like that? Political Correctness is often a bit clumsy.

That really would have done, without your rhetoric and sensationalism....

oh my god, i can't believe they're trotting out the 'they've banned christmas!' tripe. So fuck if councils occasionally make ridiculous decisions like that? Political Correctness is often a bit clumsy. Next you'll be complaining you can't even smear hot excrement onto a Paki's front door without offending the Jews! (thanks to Stewart Lee for that one)

Yeah, nursery rhymes are no more, all celtic fans are F***** cunts who sexually abuse their children.

Political correctness is a joke .

My daughter has to sing Baa Baa Wooly sheep cos Black is offensive..........offensive to who??...or is it lefties who think they're in touch with their dark grey cousins and think they are doing them a favour.

No it's embarrassing like most of the PC shit that they hit us with

I really need to stress this to you. When I say 'pub' band I am referring to fat, slack jawed denim clad yokels who can't carry a tune in a bucket and only got the 'gig' because they were hired for a keg of stale beer or their bass player is banging the landlord's daughter. The sort of awful muzak inner city pubs are plagued with up and down the land as some has been or never have been screams down the microphone murdering a classic. Or worse, subjecting us to their badly written, badly organised compositions about some dull inconsequential trouble in their life that make us all want to gouge our own eyes and ears out.

:)

:lol: as I said, you have no clue who I am haha

You can take your t**g view on Rangers all you like, when it comes to music, you really DONT have a clue, especially who i am hahahaha

I dont play "inner city pubs", I play theatres and arenas. My compositions have managed 3 UL number one singles, and, I played on more ;)

Like I said the other night, find out who you are talking to before you pretend you know something :lol:

Intresting, now im gonna have to go look at your facebook page :P.

You will have to let me know who you are then, I dont just accept anyone on there mate ;)

Political correctness is a joke .

My daughter has to sing Baa Baa Wooly sheep cos Black is offensive..........offensive to who??...or is it lefties who think they're in touch with their dark grey cousins and think they are doing them a favour.

No it's embarrassing like most of the PC shit that they hit us with

I think there is also a baa baa rainbow sheep version too. My daughter has to sing wooly now. So, thats 4 of us in here that know its true.

Looked into this thread last night and it was getting a bit tense - there seemed to be more goading/baiting going on than actual debate - and that was from both sides - maybe HelloMoto is just an aggrieved bear but he seemed to be antagonising folk on purpose - the whole thing was getting ugly/pointless imo....

Anyway, the Calvin Harris song the Girls kept coming into my head afterwards, so I had a quick 5 min mess around this morning with the lyrics and - trying to add a little light hearted positivity/tolerance to the thread:

I like them old bears

I like them new bears

I like them atheist bears

I like them religious bears

I like them straight bears

I like them gay bears

I like the RM bears

And I like the Vanguard bears

I like them SNP bears

I like them Unionist bears

I like them Ulster bears

I like them Canadian bears

I like them hardcore bears

I like them handwringer bears

I like them carrying a little bitty attitude bears

I like all the bears I like all the bears

etc

:21:

I think there is also a baa baa rainbow sheep version too. My daughter has to sing wooly now. So, thats 4 of us in here that know its true.

Make that 5.

6 as my wee boys nursery dont sing black sheep eitha :anguish:

Anyway Hellomoto i have never seen you respond to a Rangers player/fan/takeover thread yet you seem to live in here. Going on is if were going to start a holy war. Take yer papish views and ram them right up your arse. TFIO now go

It has a place for people willing to exercise their right to celebrate their religion and how people fought and died to preserve it on these shores.

People who hate the Orange order have no idea what it stands for or are bigots themselves.

You could add in any religion or exclusive members only club ( OO/masons/southern star/ect.) to the bolded part, and it wouldnt change the statement

Bottom line is i don't think we will ever have "unity" :(

I've already said that i'm not a follower of the religious side of things, but i fully accept others views if they want to follow that stuff. i guess my only problem is with people that are singing songs that we have been told not to sing ( primaraly TBB obv as thats probably the one thats caused the most problems).

I am very fond of TBB as a song, hell i even taught my 4 year old most of the song lol. But we were asked to stop singing it at the grounds or face punishment from uefa or fifa ( i forget which) so i'm gonna respect the clubs wishes.

A wiser man than me once said, "Can't we all just get along" :)

sorry for this post being a bit jumbled, i'm still pretty tired.

WATP

I really need to stress this to you. When I say 'pub' band I am referring to fat, slack jawed denim clad yokels who can't carry a tune in a bucket and only got the 'gig' because they were hired for a keg of stale beer or their bass player is banging the landlord's daughter. The sort of awful muzak inner city pubs are plagued with up and down the land as some has been or never have been screams down the microphone murdering a classic. Or worse, subjecting us to their badly written, badly organised compositions about some dull inconsequential trouble in their life that make us all want to gouge our own eyes and ears out.

:)

:lol: as I said, you have no clue who I am haha

You can take your t**g view on Rangers all you like, when it comes to music, you really DONT have a clue, especially who i am hahahaha

I dont play "inner city pubs", I play theatres and arenas. My compositions have managed 3 UL number one singles, and, I played on more ;)

Like I said the other night, find out who you are talking to before you pretend you know something :lol:

Intresting, now im gonna have to go look at your facebook page :P.

You will have to let me know who you are then, I dont just accept anyone on there mate ;)

i meant your myspace mate.

had a quick peek at it last night but it was late, so i bookmarked it and i'll have a listen to some of your stuff ( i'm assuming there are some songs on there to listen to .

I aint signed onto myspace for ages but if i add you it would be from "gogz kerr" or something close to that ( i honestly cant remember my myspace name lol)

why should he need to though? Are we really that small minded that we can't accept he's a Rangers fan with a different set of views? i find that extraordinary to be fair :(

And also, he's only asking people for theirs to get across how ridiculous it is that so many people in here are repeatedly calling him a Tim isn't he?

Fuksakes why do you keep coming out with this pish 'we can't accept he's a Rangers fan with a different set of views'.

why should he need to though? Are we really that small minded that we can't accept he's a Rangers fan with a different set of views? i find that extraordinary to be fair :(

And also, he's only asking people for theirs to get across how ridiculous it is that so many people in here are repeatedly calling him a Tim isn't he?

Fuksakes why do you keep coming out with this pish 'we can't accept he's a Rangers fan with a different set of views'.

Haven't you been reading the last 39 pages? Anyone with a different set of views is a tim :anguish: