Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

This is ridiculous------

Point 1. Surely he wouldn't leave us on a Pre-contract given our money situation if he is a Rangers man (given the fact that he gave Kilmarnock a slice of the fee when he joined us)

Point 2. He has it easy up here, he is adored the fans and 18k a week to score loads a goals and get your chance in the champions league.

Point 3. If he leaves then fine, but he will not make it in the Premiership.

Its upto him but he is making a bad decision going to the premiership, money is not everything.

I can see him lasting 2 nextjan and him wanting 2 come back 2 us and i hope we wouldn't take him because the way he has treated us through this whole thing just talking pish

What's your beef with Boyd? :lol:

His agent talks to some teams - apparently - and he's Judas all of a sudden?

Show some perspective.

boyd has said he wants to say with us we have gave him more mponey and a new contract so y aint he signed it if he wants 2 stay and repay us for years 2 come thats my problem boyd comming out in person on tv and stating he wants 2 stay with us and off cam he is away talking 2 other clubs

It's called exploring the options - every player does it.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull City and West Ham United could join the growing Premiership race for Kris Boyd - with Aston Villa and Birmingham City already keen on landing the Rangers striker.

Boyd is understood to have visited Villa Park for Wednesday night's Carling Cup semi-final win over Blackburn Rovers, with preliminary discussions taking place over a possible precontract offer for a summer switch.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish, who has a transfer war chest after new owner Carson Yeung promised him £40million to spend on the Premier League high-fliers, is closely monitoring the situation, while Hull and West Ham, another club with new owners following David Sullivan and David Gold's recent buyout, are also understood to be considering making moves towards making Boyd a Bosman acquisition.

The 26-year-old is taking time to consider his options after Rangers made an £18,000-per-week offer to retain his services beyond the end of the season.

The Ibrox favourite is currently sidelined after undergoing hernia surgery and will not return to action until mid-February at the earliest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...0#ixzz0dINcAjtq

Who next, Everton, Manchester City, Sunderland and Fulham :rolleyes:

Can we really afford to risk losing him for nothing?

I'd much rather cash in now and get around £1m for him than lose him at the end of the season for nothing.

He stays and we have a great chance of banking £10 million from the Champions League.

Will there not be an extra round next year for the SPL winnes though?

You do have a point though, I just hope he signs a new deal.

I'd much rather cash in now and get around £1m for him than lose him at the end of the season for nothing.

He stays and we have a great chance of banking £10 million from the Champions League.

The extra round is only if the team who win this years Champion's League fail to qualify from their League.

So pending the winners finish in a CL place in the league - it's still automatic qualification.

Inserting this in here:

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 22 Jan 2010

Kris Boyd won't walk out on Rangers' bid for two-in-a-row.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, the Gers ace has held talks with Aston Villa and Birmingham as he ponders a move to the Premier League.

But he WON'T be quitting his boyhood heroes in the January transfer window.

Instead Boyd will use the summer to consider all his options before committing to the most important contract of his career.

The striker, 26, is in the form of his life with a host of clubs chasing his signature.

A three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week is on the table at Ibrox but Villa, Birmingham, Newcastle and Middlesbrough are all keen on the SPL record scorer.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill rolled out the red carpet for Boyd on Wednesday night and hopes that will be enough to secure the hitman on a pre-contract agreement.

But Boyd won't be rushed.

He's sidelined at the moment as he recovers following a hernia op and isn't expected to return until mid-February.

O'Neill is a long-time admirer of Boyd and is keen to have him on board for the start of next season.

But city rivals Birmingham are still very much in the race for the striker.

Blues boss Alex McLeish, who took Boyd to Ibrox in January 2006, spoke to him on Monday before taking his squad off to Malta.

It's understood he will talk to him again on his return from Birmingham's winter training camp.

Boyd has always maintained he'd like to remain at Gers, but the lure of England might now be too much to resist.

Boyd's 19 SPL goals have helped Gers go nine points clear at the top of the table.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...-for-title.html

Not a single qoute from Kris there.

But then again, it is the Sun. I wouldn't talk to them either.

We go straight in if one of the big guns win the Champs League(That already qualify through their league) i think.

Can't see him going mate,he's quite right to see whats on offer but i'm sure he will stay at Ibrox.

i cant believe people are being critical over boydy looking at all options available to him??

his love for us is in no doubt whatsoever but he has a very important career decision to make,its not as all black and white as some make out.

firstly if another team does offer £30k per week (which isnt alot in premiership standards) that will earn him what? £2.2m over 4 years MORE than what we are offering.

Could this be his last offer to the premiership?

Will walter and ally be in charge next year or when a new owner comes in?.

What is the short term future for the club? will any players be sold/bought?.

answers to some of these questions (i hope) will be answered shortly and i sincerley hope he stays.

but if he does go let us all show him the respect every big player whom has left us in the past was shown.

A good servant and a bear like us.

If Kris left I couldn't blame him, he has shown a lot of loyalty to the club and been fucked over in return. I. as they would have us believe the bank are in charge, why the fuck would it let it's most valuable asset go for nothing?Somehting is rotten in Denmark.

I really have mixed views on this, either way I honestly hope and do believe he will remain at Rangers until the end of this current season. I've been a huge Boyd fan ever since he arrived at our club and he has really grown as a player. We will lack goals if he leaves but we have had wonderful players in the past and shall have more wonderful talents in the future.

As much as I really do want him to stay and sign a new contract there is also a part of me that, if Villa really are making an offer, there is part of me that would just love to see one of my favourite players move into an attacking side within one of the Worlds top leagues. I would love to see all the Boyd doubters, those down south that don't rate him or our players and in particular those Bears that have a very weird/odd dislike for Boyd be proven wrong.

My main problem if he were to leave for Villa isn't him leaving as we shall over time gain a new and positive strikeforce once again, but if he played for Villa, along with Cueller I would really find myself wanting Villa to do extremely well yet which would contradict my internal desire for MoN to suffer pure footballing misery :anguish:

Two things strike me if he were to sign for another club, one, Brum is no good for him! With Fergie and McLeish there, along with the improved contract compared to Rangers offer it wouldn't surprise me but he needs a strong attacking side. Two, there will be a real backlash from some Rangers fans which may hinder his performances. I wouldn't completly understand the backlash but already there have been people stating 'those' sort of views in this thread without him signing for another team yet. He is a young man who could gain alot more money and respect within the footballing World if he were to move, both of which he might just not get to the same level if staying with the greatest side within the SPL.

Good luck to him either way and I hope he makes a wise decision for his career and isn't affected by money. If he left during this transfer period I would be very disappointed in his decision but other than that I will support him no matter which team he plays for.

Will always be a Rangers Great for me (tu)

This is ridiculous------

Point 1. Surely he wouldn't leave us on a Pre-contract given our money situation if he is a Rangers man (given the fact that he gave Kilmarnock a slice of the fee when he joined us)

Point 2. He has it easy up here, he is adored the fans and 18k a week to score loads a goals and get your chance in the champions league.

Point 3. If he leaves then fine, but he will not make it in the Premiership.

Its upto him but he is making a bad decision going to the premiership, money is not everything.

I can see him lasting 2 nextjan and him wanting 2 come back 2 us and i hope we wouldn't take him because the way he has treated us through this whole thing just talking pish

What's your beef with Boyd? :lol:

His agent talks to some teams - apparently - and he's Judas all of a sudden?

Show some perspective.

boyd has said he wants to say with us we have gave him more mponey and a new contract so y aint he signed it if he wants 2 stay and repay us for years 2 come thats my problem boyd comming out in person on tv and stating he wants 2 stay with us and off cam he is away talking 2 other clubs

*We interupt this showing of Murder she wrote for some breaking news*

No mixed views from me im afraid.

Boyd MUST stay

Boyd MUST play.

If he does he'll go down as an absolute Rangers legend. Remember McCoist didn't hit his best period till his late 20's, so Boyd could feasibly become our all time leading scorer - 7yrs at 30 goals per season.

He's exploring all his options but I have a funny feeling he might stay at rangers. We have pulled out all the stops to get him an improved contract and as was shown by his refusal to go to Birmingham last season it would appear money isn't everything to Kris Boyd

Dont you just love journalists? Not a single quote. Sources close to blah blah blah. All because the pant wetters swallow there dung and start ranting - disgraceful, disgusting, judas - to paraphrase a few.

Still, if it was a story that was good news you wouldn't need a quote, eh? ;)

I didn't see any quotes in the story about Wilson and Fleck rejecting contracts - didn't mean it wasn't true.

And anyway, the fact that the story has been confirmed by both Sky and the BBC pretty much means it's spot on.

Dont you just love journalists? Not a single quote. Sources close to blah blah blah. All because the pant wetters swallow there dung and start ranting - disgraceful, disgusting, judas - to paraphrase a few.

I didn't see any quotes in the story about Wilson and Fleck rejecting contracts - didn't mean it wasn't true.

And anyway, the fact that the story has been confirmed by both Sky and the BBC pretty much means it's spot on.

<cr>

Why....

<cr>

Why....

Just because if they are wrong, Boyd can take them to the cleaners :)

I don't actually think that Boyd himself is speaking to clubs, but you'd be daft not to believe his agent is speaking to every interested party.

As far as I can see, that's all that's being reported.

Dont believe them good or bad unless there are direct quotes. Even then i'm sceptical.

WS came out and said that Wilson and Fleck had rejected their contracts. Thats when I believed it.

My point was (although I was thinking it and not typing it :) ) that too many people fly of the handle and spout crap based on what some article says (good or bad) without any quotes or foundation.

I agree his agent probably is sounding out clubs but it's a dangerous presumption to make that because sky and the beeb pick it up it's true.......i would wager they picked the story from the sun........

I think they'd have their own people, and the story is worded that wee bit differently.

Star/Sun will be screaming: "BOYD JETS DOWN TO BIRMINGHAM", Sky and the BBC won't be as stupid.

Regardless, a bit of a non-story as far as I'm concerned - 'Agent does job correctly' wouldn't make a good headline though.