Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

I agree his agent probably is sounding out clubs but it's a dangerous presumption to make that because sky and the beeb pick it up it's true.......i would wager they picked the story from the sun........

I think they'd have their own people, and the story is worded that wee bit differently.

Star/Sun will be screaming: "BOYD JETS DOWN TO BIRMINGHAM", Sky and the BBC won't be as stupid.

Regardless, a bit of a non-story as far as I'm concerned - 'Agent does job correctly' wouldn't make a good headline though.

own people who read the tabliods..... ;)

i do agree with you though on the rest of it..... (tu)

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd also knows well enough the experience of his friend and former team-mate, Barry Ferguson, when he left Rangers in 2003 to sign for Blackburn Rovers and take on the challenge of playing in the English Premier League. It wasn’t long before the midfielder was pining for the status, pressure and sheer exhilaration he had come to take for granted at Ibrox.

“They told me that the game that meant everything was Bolton at the Reebok,” Ferguson recalled after returning in 2005. “There were 27,038 there and that’s when Rangers really started tugging me. I was brought up dreaming of representing Rangers against Celtic.”

Barry :praise:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/ra...-case-1.1000482

Dont you just love journalists? Not a single quote. Sources close to blah blah blah. All because the pant wetters swallow there dung and start ranting - disgraceful, disgusting, judas - to paraphrase a few.

Still, if it was a story that was good news you wouldn't need a quote, eh? ;)

I didn't see any quotes in the story about Wilson and Fleck rejecting contracts - didn't mean it wasn't true.

And anyway, the fact that the story has been confirmed by both Sky and the BBC pretty much means it's spot on.

<cr>

Why....

Sky Sports and the BBC are well known to take their stories from the tabloids, it has been shown many times before.

Neither are any more credible than the rags.

Boyd also knows well enough the experience of his friend and former team-mate, Barry Ferguson, when he left Rangers in 2003 to sign for Blackburn Rovers and take on the challenge of playing in the English Premier League. It wasn’t long before the midfielder was pining for the status, pressure and sheer exhilaration he had come to take for granted at Ibrox.

“They told me that the game that meant everything was Bolton at the Reebok,” Ferguson recalled after returning in 2005. “There were 27,038 there and that’s when Rangers really started tugging me. I was brought up dreaming of representing Rangers against Celtic.”

I've got Barry's book, and theres a piece similar to that. (tu)

I've got his book too (tu)

I've got his book too (tu)

Also got it

If Kris Boyd is motivated by money then we have absolutely no chance of keeping him. That is a fact.

But if he wants to stay with his boyhood heroes, raking in £18k a week, breaking goalscoring records, going down in history, winning trophies, playing in Europe... then we might have a chance.

We will find out soon enough if Kris Boyd really wants to stay for the next few years.

As Papa mentioned earlier in this Thread it is most likely Boyd's agent who is talking to these clubs. He is doing his job.

Well Martin O'Neil has said he isn't interested in him.

Do you believe Martin O'Neill?

As Papa mentioned earlier in this Thread it is most likely Boyd's agent who is talking to these clubs. He is doing his job.

Well Martin O'Neil has said he isn't interested in him.

Do you believe Martin O'Neill?

No, not reallly. :lol:

If Kris Boyd is motivated by money then we have absolutely no chance of keeping him. That is a fact.

But if he wants to stay with his boyhood heroes, raking in £18k a week, breaking goalscoring records, going down in history, winning trophies, playing in Europe... then we might have a chance.

We will find out soon enough if Kris Boyd really wants to stay for the next few years.

What have the Romans (Rangers) ever done for us? Well there's goalscoring records, titles, CL football, 18k per week :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think the big man will stay for 2 in a row and beyond :praise: :praise: :praise:

All this Kris Boyd talk is becoming boring. Something different made up every day. I wish he would just hurry up and sort out his future, he either want's to stay, or move on. Can't be that hard a decision.

All this Kris Boyd talk is becoming boring. Something different made up every day. I wish he would just hurry up and sort out his future, he either want's to stay, or move on. Can't be that hard a decision.

"I've always said I wanted to stay here. The fans have been great and hopefully I can repay them for years to come"

After saying that at new year i was expecting he'd have signed the new Rangers contract offered right there and then with Walter.

"I've always said I wanted to stay here. The fans have been great and hopefully I can repay them for years to come"

After saying that at new year i was expecting he'd have signed the new Rangers contract offered right there and then with Walter.

Has Carlos Cuellar taught you nothing?

Modern footballers say one thing and do another. (tu)

We do not know the offers received by Boyd and there may be many issues for him to consider. He will also be getting advice from his agent. His family will have an opinion to offer and all those things will have to be considered as well as Boydie's love for Rangers.

Just relax and hopefully we will get a decision soon. He may do nothing until the Summer either.

We do not know the offers received by Boyd and there may be many issues for him to consider. He will also be getting advice from his agent. His family will have an opinion to offer and all those things will have to be considered as well as Boydie's love for Rangers.

Just relax and hopefully we will get a decision soon. He may do nothing until the Summer either.

if he waits till the summer and leaves, we get nothing, absolutely nothing for our best goalscorer since ally! :(

i dont want to wait till the summer to know what hes doing, if hes staying he must sign with us, if not, tell us whats going on!!!

i think he will be off in the summer, cant see him staying tbh

a certain chief executive may be due a boot in the balls!

Guest SandyWaTp

It can.

A decision that could affect the rest of his life

Seems pretty hard to me.