Kris Boyd offered new contract

macka1990

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that we can't forget is that Boyd's agent Mark "ex-celtc" Donaghy is likely to be DESPERATE for Boydy to secure a move, he won't give a shit about any sentiment or Boyd's love for the club, and will be bending over backwards to Kris into the Premiership.

I'd expect Donaghy would set these meetings up and twist Boyd's arm to go - it doesnt mean Kris has set his heart on a move away.

Assuming there ever was a meeting that is. :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's at Rangers, he'll have guys like Ally McCoist, Ian Durrant, Walter Smith, Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch, Steven Davis....all wanting him to stay. McCoist, Smith and Miller have already said so. I'm sure these guy's will have more pulling power than Mark Donaghy!

If he want's to stay, he'll sign a new deal, if he doesn't, then he will leave, and I doubt it will come down to his agent in the end. If he's in it for the money, then he's just another footballer who doesn't really give a shit about playing for the club he loves, and winning trophies, because both Birmingham and Aston Villa will do fuck all in the league, domestic cups and in Europe, and the way those two sides set up, he'll probably spent the majority of time on the bench!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with all of that, theres many years of dyed in the wool bears bending his ear inside Ibrox, my opinion for what its worth is that Kris Boyd is a big home loving boy who likes the security blanket of family/fans round him, nothing wrong with ambition to prove yourself elsewhere, but equally if you like home comforts and surroundings thats also fine.

Yes the money is better but 18k a weeks not exactly peanuts either, cup winner or bench warmer??

One of the critisisms we heard about Barry BEFORE he left was that he had no ambition if he wanted to stay with Rangers, ditto Players like Paul McStay. Now I would hate for Boyd to leave but with the money on offer and a week in week out higher quality in the EPL you could see why he might decide to go. If he stays I will be estatic but if he leaves I will wish him well and hope he does exceptional at wherever he goes.

Has anyone considered that Boyd may leave not only for the positive reasons already mentioned ie playing in a better league, better money etc etc etc, but that he fears his prospects will diminish playing in a team that God forbid may not win the league and the consequences that would unfold, such as maybe large scale selling off of our best players. and the uncertainty of events unfolding after this.

You cant blame him for considering his position first, as he may feel the management have not shown him the loyalty they expect from him until very recently.

One of the critisisms we heard about Barry BEFORE he left was that he had no ambition if he wanted to stay with Rangers, ditto Players like Paul McStay. Now I would hate for Boyd to leave but with the money on offer and a week in week out higher quality in the EPL you could see why he might decide to go. If he stays I will be estatic but if he leaves I will wish him well and hope he does exceptional at wherever he goes.

Has anyone considered that Boyd may leave not only for the positive reasons already mentioned ie playing in a better league, better money etc etc etc, but that he fears his prospects will diminish playing in a team that God forbid may not win the league and the consequences that would unfold, such as maybe large scale selling off of our best players. and the uncertainty of events unfolding after this.

You cant blame him for considering his position first, as he may feel the management have not shown him the loyalty they expect from him until very recently.

To be fair mate, Kris had to up his game. I don't think it's a case of the management not being loyal. They must have been pushing him to become to the player we have seen recently --- because they believed in him.

As for the poster above who says Kris has won all he can with The Rangers. I say NO... We still have next year's CL campaign!

The guy himself has said he's gutted when he misses out on the Champions League games at the club. Surely now, with the increased wages on the table, he will realise that he is now integral to the team and one of the first players on the managements team sheet. Many fans, rightly or wrongly, would have had that as the case anyway, even before he upped his overall game. With that in mind, surely he must realise he will more than likely feature much more in the CL?

I hope he is just evaluating all his options. When you weight up the pros and cons logically, I'd still suggest we come out on top of the two moves being touted.

Does the transfer window shut on the 1st or 2nd of February?

Pretty sure its midnight on the 1st.

Which would be the 2nd?? <cr>

it shut's on the 1st at 5 pm

It was the 2nd last year.

Think it was because of the bad weather, I remember watching SSN all day that day :lol:

In the morning Arshavin was in London going to sign for Arsenal, lunchtime talks had broken down and he was going back to Russia, afternoon he was away back to the Emirates to sign.

I really hope Boyd stays at Rangers, but I guess we'll see how much of a Rangers man he really is.

If Boyd goes, Boyd goes.

Someone has to - we can't afford not to get short of a player.

It's football - he'll be replaced.

Not this season we won't, meaning we would go into the buisness end of the season without a goalscorer!

Kyle Lafferty is not a goalscorer, although he has been scoring, neither is Kenny Miller. Nacho Novo, and Steven Naismith are far too injury prone which would leave us with John Fleck.

We have seen in the short games without Boyd, that we struggle to score goals, and although we create some chances, fail to put the ball in the back of the net.

Selling any of our better/important players at this stage of the season is absolutely ridiculous, especially when we are not going to replace them.

Kris Boyd guarantees goals, and we have seen a different all round player over the last three months.

That's if he goes!?

If Boyd goes, Boyd goes.

Someone has to - we can't afford not to get short of a player.

It's football - he'll be replaced.

Not this season we won't, meaning we would go into the buisness end of the season without a goalscorer!

Kyle Lafferty is not a goalscorer, although he has been scoring, neither is Kenny Miller. Nacho Novo, and Steven Naismith are far too injury prone which would leave us with John Fleck.

We have seen in the short games without Boyd, that we struggle to score goals, and although we create some chances, fail to put the ball in the back of the net.

Selling any of our better/important players at this stage of the season is absolutely ridiculous, especially when we are not going to replace them.

Kris Boyd guarantees goals, and we have seen a different all round player over the last three months.

That's if he goes!?

That's a big if.

I can't see it.. And if he does, it won't be this month.

fuck sake man, its sad to see alot of ppl on here sayin he can get to fuck and bla bla bla!

How many times has he been overlooked for big games? how many times did he have to win a game single handedly to get a chance?

IMO i think boyd is entitled to look down south! it would be a move that sets him up financially for life and he can play in a higher standard and test himself in the best league in the world.

I'm Boyds biggest fan and i really really hope he doesnt go but i would never EVER grudge him a move. He has scored over 120 goals for us in 4 years. Dont forget it.

But please Boyd, Stay.

boydy can get himself 2 fuck if he is going 2 sign a pre-contract with any1 boyd himself has came out and said he wants 2 play with us now he is talking 2 other clubs we have offered him a contract and he has yet 2 sign it y is that because his heads been turned by the money most of us are angry because its clear boyd is trying 2 fool us and that doesn't wash I would give an arm n leg to play for the team i love like every1 on here would I would so i'll say again if he sign a pre-contract sell him now even at the cost of the title and if he does go i dont want 2 see him play for us ever again

what i will say 2 fellow bears is kris boyd needs rangers football club we dont need him we aint the most sucessful club on the land because of him

WE ARE THE PEOPLE :uk::uk:

fuck sake man, its sad to see alot of ppl on here sayin he can get to fuck and bla bla bla!

How many times has he been overlooked for big games? how many times did he have to win a game single handedly to get a chance?

IMO i think boyd is entitled to look down south! it would be a move that sets him up financially for life and he can play in a higher standard and test himself in the best league in the world.

I'm Boyds biggest fan and i really really hope he doesnt go but i would never EVER grudge him a move. He has scored over 120 goals for us in 4 years. Dont forget it.

But please Boyd, Stay.

boydy can get himself 2 fuck if he is going 2 sign a pre-contract with any1 boyd himself has came out and said he wants 2 play with us now he is talking 2 other clubs we have offered him a contract and he has yet 2 sign it y is that because his heads been turned by the money most of us are angry because its clear boyd is trying 2 fool us and that doesn't wash I would give an arm n leg to play for the team i love like every1 on here would I would so i'll say again if he sign a pre-contract sell him now even at the cost of the title and if he does go i dont want 2 see him play for us ever again

what i will say 2 fellow bears is kris boyd needs rangers football club we dont need him we aint the most sucessful club on the land because of him

WE ARE THE PEOPLE :uk::uk:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

This is ridiculous------

Point 1. Surely he wouldn't leave us on a Pre-contract given our money situation if he is a Rangers man (given the fact that he gave Kilmarnock a slice of the fee when he joined us)

Point 2. He has it easy up here, he is adored the fans and 18k a week to score loads a goals and get your chance in the champions league.

Point 3. If he leaves then fine, but he will not make it in the Premiership.

Its upto him but he is making a bad decision going to the premiership, money is not everything.

I can see him lasting 2 nextjan and him wanting 2 come back 2 us and i hope we wouldn't take him because the way he has treated us through this whole thing just talking pish

I remember reading about Jorg Albertz's last contact with us.

David Murray said he'd never seen a contract negotiation like it. Without an agent, Albertz walked into the room, sat down, and agreed a deal in under five minutes.

What a fucking man :praise:

Why can't it always be like that?

I don't actually think he'll go.

It'll be an epically big shock to the system if he does.

I don't think he will either. Like I said earlier, I think he might be using this as leverage to get more money from Rangers.

This is ridiculous------

Point 1. Surely he wouldn't leave us on a Pre-contract given our money situation if he is a Rangers man (given the fact that he gave Kilmarnock a slice of the fee when he joined us)

Point 2. He has it easy up here, he is adored the fans and 18k a week to score loads a goals and get your chance in the champions league.

Its upto him but he is making a bad decision going to the premiership, money is not everything.

I can see him lasting 2 nextjan and him wanting 2 come back 2 us and i hope we wouldn't take him because the way he has treated us through this whole thing just talking pish

What's your beef with Boyd? :lol:

His agent talks to some teams - apparently - and he's Judas all of a sudden?

Show some perspective.

Just because Boyd loves Rangers it doesn't mean he isn't allowed to explore all options open to him.

If Aston Villa are really interested, a club going well in a league much stronger than ours, why shouldnt he be allowed to at least listen to what they have to say? He'd be daft not too.

I'm pretty confident he'll stay, he's just having a look at all options.

I can't see Kris Boyd scoring goals in the EPL tbh.

lol really?

he will score for fun in any team he goes too.

the boy is a natural born goalscorer

u need 2 play before u score goals u can do it sitting on the bench every week mate

HEY!

Don't you understand the system?

I call you out, you call me a fanny, say that there's a RM Mafia style thing, get cocked by TAFKAWVB, get banned and come back under several new names.

This is ridiculous------

What's your beef with Boyd? :lol:

His agent talks to some teams - apparently - and he's Judas all of a sudden?

Show some perspective.

boyd has said he wants to say with us we have gave him more mponey and a new contract so y aint he signed it if he wants 2 stay and repay us for years 2 come thats my problem boyd comming out in person on tv and stating he wants 2 stay with us and off cam he is away talking 2 other clubs

Inserting this in here:

By ANDY DEVLIN

Published: 22 Jan 2010

Kris Boyd won't walk out on Rangers' bid for two-in-a-row.

As SunSport revealed yesterday, the Gers ace has held talks with Aston Villa and Birmingham as he ponders a move to the Premier League.

But he WON'T be quitting his boyhood heroes in the January transfer window.

Instead Boyd will use the summer to consider all his options before committing to the most important contract of his career.

The striker, 26, is in the form of his life with a host of clubs chasing his signature.

A three-year deal worth £18,000-a-week is on the table at Ibrox but Villa, Birmingham, Newcastle and Middlesbrough are all keen on the SPL record scorer.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill rolled out the red carpet for Boyd on Wednesday night and hopes that will be enough to secure the hitman on a pre-contract agreement.

But Boyd won't be rushed.

He's sidelined at the moment as he recovers following a hernia op and isn't expected to return until mid-February.

O'Neill is a long-time admirer of Boyd and is keen to have him on board for the start of next season.

But city rivals Birmingham are still very much in the race for the striker.

Blues boss Alex McLeish, who took Boyd to Ibrox in January 2006, spoke to him on Monday before taking his squad off to Malta.

It's understood he will talk to him again on his return from Birmingham's winter training camp.

Boyd has always maintained he'd like to remain at Gers, but the lure of England might now be too much to resist.

Boyd's 19 SPL goals have helped Gers go nine points clear at the top of the table.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...-for-title.html