***The Official Hamilton v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch are both suspended while Pedro Mendes, Nacho Novo, Stevie Naismith and DaMarcus Beasley are still recovering from injuries. Madjid Bougherra is on African Nations duty, and both Maurice Edu and Kevin Thomson are nowhere near being match fit. Plus, we don't know the extent of Steven Davis and Kris Boyd's injuries, and if John Fleck will be back :anguish:

Means duds like Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker are going to continue getting a game. Beasley said himself that he was not going to be out for 2-3 weeks, yet he is still not back - what is it with us and injuries, and players taking longer to recover?

At this moment in time, I'm dreading this game. In the last two games, we have been absolutely woeful, and without pace, and natural width, we are absolutely hopeless.

No point in even trying to pick a side until we know who is in/out, but all these injuries are becoming a major worry - something we knew would happen in pre-season, and we can't even afford to bring in a loan signing.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch are both suspended while Pedro Mendes, Nacho Novo, Stevie Naismith and DaMarcus Beasley are still recovering from injuries. Madjid Bougherra is on African Nations duty, and both Maurice Edu and Kevin Thomson are nowhere near being match fit. Plus, we don't know the extent of Steven Davis and Kris Boyd's injuries, and if John Fleck will be back :anguish:

Means duds like Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker are going to continue getting a game. Beasley said himself that he was not going to be out for 2-3 weeks, yet he is still not back - what is it with us and injuries, and players taking longer to recover?

At this moment in time, I'm dreading this game. In the last two games, we have been absolutely woeful, and without pace, and natural width, we are absolutely hopeless.

No point in even trying to pick a side until we know who is in/out, but all these injuries are becoming a major worry - something we knew would happen in pre-season, and we can't even afford to bring in a loan signing.

Nothing like dusting ourselves done and looking forward to the next game eh ?!! :anguish:

Hopefully the next few days are kinder!

Davis should be OK to play if he has a dead leg.

Novo and Beasley should be available to play, apparently they were touch and go for the Cup game. On that basis I would go with:

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:beasley: :davis: :edu: :whittaker:

:Little: :novo:

But who knows what it will be?!?

But who knows what it will be?!?

I know Lafferty will play.

Did you see he is taking up how to play the guitar?

Hopefully he takes a very long brek from the football side of things to see if he can string a few notes together because he certainly can't string a few good passes together!

Miller & Mcculloch suspended. Boyd has a groin problem and that pitch wont have helped either and prob be still nowhere near as soft as a pitch should be come sat with this weather.

Davis has a dead leg but seems to be nowhere serious as novo's - few days rest and light training and hopefully he will be fine. We missed him when he went off.

Goalie & Defence the same

Midfielfd - whittaker left - davis & thomson in the middle and beasley or littel on right

Laffery & Fleck upfront

Sure we can tinkle but its imperative we fucking win this match as it stick out like a sore thumb as a game we could fuck up in, especially seen as we have done fuck all the last 2 games.

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:davis: :thomson: :mcculloch: :beasley:

:lafferty: :novo:

Lee is suspended...

I think we're all hitting the panic button a little bit quickly. Yes we were gash against the Tims and poor again at the weekend but we've got 20 senior players - 7 key were missing for Celtic and similar at Hamilton on a tricky pitch, freezing day and ideal cup-shock set-up. We're struggling at the minute as we've lost Beasley and Novo from the wide areas. With their pace and trickier it keeps opponents on the back foot and allows us to dominate games.

IF Novo and Beasley are both out along with Boyd assuming Davis can come back the team may lok a little like this. A Midfield 'Engine' with 2 players just returning from injury!

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Wilson Papac

Davis Thomson Edu Whittaker

Fleck

Lafferty

If Davis is out we could have

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Wilson Papac

Little Thomson Edu Whittaker

Fleck

Lafferty

Both teams look a little scary to me ! BUT that seems to be where we are with our pool.

Do we even know if Novo and Beasley are back?

No idea. But last I heard they were close to a return, so fingers crossed. If they were out I'd play Fleck if not Whittaker at left mid, and then move Little up top, Davis right mid and Thomson coming in beside Edu in midfield.

:anguish:

We're down to very bear bones if Beasley and Novo arnt back!

Mendes

Beasley

Novo

Bougherra

Boyd

Miller

Fleck

McCulloch

Naismith

Could all be missing. Along with a half fit Thomson and Edu.

This is where the fringe players have to step up! We cant afford half arsed performances by Lafferty, Whittaker, Papac (Who's been a bit poor lately) Thomson and Edu (I know just back from injury, but if played have to step up)!