Andy Little

Davie2909

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good goal today. Someone said he was shite in this thread, I ask you, how long was he on the park for?

He is not a good fooballer, it just shows how low we have gone by having to play him. His preffered positions are right back or sriker :anguish::anguish:

Look i dn't want to give the boy a hard time he bailed us out.

Good goal today. Someone said he was shite in this thread, I ask you, how long was he on the park for?

He is not a good fooballer, it just shows how low we have gone by having to play him. His preffered positions are right back or sriker :anguish::anguish:

Look i dn't want to give the boy a hard time he bailed us out.

Well stop giving the boy a hard time then, Mara-fucking-dona.

Pretty sure he was only on the park for 10mins, so to say that he was shite, is a bit harsh. He reacted quickest to score. That's what counts. Also like the look of Wylde, in the few chances he got, he showed that he wasn't afraid to take a player on.

Thankfully he got us out of jail today but IMO he is not good enough to nail down a regular place. Might come in handy as a squad player?!

And people saying he was shite apart from his goal doh He was on the pitch for 10 minutes FFS! We complain about youngsters not getting a chance but when they do we are so quick to shoot them down at the first opportunity.

Rangers' injury crisis has stopped me going out on loan, says Ibrox goal hero Andrew Little

Jan 24 2010 Gavin Berry, Sunday Mail

YOUNG gun Andrew Little saved Rangers with a last-gasp leveller against Hearts - then admitted the Ibrox cash crisis has prevented him leaving on loan.

The Northern Ireland international struck his first goal for the club to salvage a point in a 1-1 draw that moves Gers 10 points clear of Celtic who have two games in hand.

Teenager Scott Robinson had given Jambos the lead before Christian Nade became the EIGHTH Hearts player red-carded this season.

And 20-year-old Ulsterman Little rescued the league leaders, coming on as a substitute to score from close range at the death.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith has seen his squad stretched to the limit by injury and a lack of money to buy new players.

And new Ibrox hero Little reckons that's one of the key reasons he hasn't gone out on loan.

He said: "In December we were riding high, scoring and winning games convincingly.

"I thought it best to go out on loan because I wasn't getting a sniff of action. But there is no chance of that now.

"We only had 12 fit first-team players against Hearts. Clearly the manager's not going to want any of his fringe players to leave on loan.

"The squad is very thin but that has worked in my favour and I've enjoyed my few bits and pieces on the pitch lately.

"The financial situation isn't ideal but it is good for the young boys coming through.

"With a few of us getting more of a chance it motivates the younger players and pushes them on a bit. I've a year-and-a-half left on my contract and I'll see what happens.

"If more players do come in then things might change but I hope to become a first team regular."

Sub Little replaced countryman Kyle Lafferty who continues to struggle despite being handed his favoured central striking role.

But the youngster admitted he didn't even have time to celebrate his dream first goal for the club.

He said: "It was the first time my mum, dad and two brothers had all been over for the game.

"I wanted to go and celebrate but couldn't because we needed to get back and try and get a winner.

"My goal wasn't much to look at but it's a dream come true for me to score for Rangers at Ibrox."

Gers gaffer Walter Smith admits he will continue to play his kids until his injury situation improves.

He said: "Pedro Mendes was on the bench but he's not fully fit and was only making up the numbers.

"That means we have more kids involved but they have been good."

However the Ibrox gaffer was raging at the missed chances to kill off Hearts early on.

He said: "We controlled most of the game. Hearts are difficult to open up and I always felt the first goal would be vital.

"We had opportunities to take the lead but didn't take them.

But we showed spirit to draw level so I'm happy to get a point."

Stevie Naismith, Nacho Novo and DaMarcus Beasley should be back in contention for Gers trip to St Mirren on Wednesday night.

Smith said: "We should have a few more options open to us."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sunday-mail/2...86908-21991341/

I'm sorry to say that having seen Little play a couple of times now, I've been disappointed in the fact that he doesn't seem to have much natural pace. Yesterday he was in a straight race with one of the Hearts defenders which I felt was 60:40 in his favour at the start, but he still couldn't beat him - and that's against a defender who has played the whole game.

I know Boyd has been successful without pace, but he's an exception.

Wylde, on the other hand, looked very rapid.

To be fair he was shite apart from his goal.

Will definitely get better if he's played. He deserves more of a chance than Lafferty is getting to be honest! And I'm not just saying that to have a pop at Lafferty!

What he said.

To be fair he was shite apart from his goal.

He was on the park for 10 minutes FFS - at least he did what no-one else could do, put the ball in the back of the net!