Golf

kplfishtank

Well, i have started playing again for the first time in about 5 yrs.

Was never any good but can at least connect with the ball.

I am playing Loch Lomond this Friday on a works do.

At the moment i have been using Playgolf driving range, just getting used to hitting the ball but i haven't been near a course in a year (last years works do @ Deer Park ... lol)

I am not a member of any club but the thing that will make me play again is my son, he is 14 and i have been taking him with me to the range and he seems to enjoy it too, if he continues to like it i can see us both playing regularly.

If i keep this up i will get some lessons, try to get rid of a horrendous slice i have when driving, i can hit my iron's straight, evne my 3 wood .. but my driver **woooooosh** and it's of the the right.

Well, i have started playing again for the first time in about 5 yrs.

Was never any good but can at least connect with the ball.

I am playing Loch Lomond this Friday on a works do.

At the moment i have been using Playgolf driving range, just getting used to hitting the ball but i haven't been near a course in a year (last years works do @ Deer Park ... lol)

I am not a member of any club but the thing that will make me play again is my son, he is 14 and i have been taking him with me to the range and he seems to enjoy it too, if he continues to like it i can see us both playing regularly.

If i keep this up i will get some lessons, try to get rid of a horrendous slice i have when driving, i can hit my iron's straight, evne my 3 wood .. but my driver **woooooosh** and it's of the the right.

Simple answer, leave your driver in the boot until you build up the confidence to hit it.

If you're hitting your 3 wood well and your irons too then just stick to that. Its a far easier (and more enjoyable!) game hitting a 3 wood or iron off the tee and playing your next shot from the middle of the fairway than it is opening your shoulders with the big stick and playing your next shot from deep in the rough!

Simple answer, leave your driver in the boot until you build up the confidence to hit it.

If you're hitting your 3 wood well and your irons too then just stick to that. Its a far easier (and more enjoyable!) game hitting a 3 wood or iron off the tee and playing your next shot from the middle of the fairway than it is opening your shoulders with the big stick and playing your next shot from deep in the rough!

i had been struggling with my driver and one of my mates told me to adjust my head slightly and since then ive been hitting straighter and longer

drove 2 par 4 greens yesterday although they werent over 260 yards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not really the rain you have to worry about its the state of the courses .Imo you can only play links golf regulary

in the winter due to most other courses playing winter greens ,winter tees,and some courses make you play off a mat that you have to carry round with you.

played 9 holes on a shit local curse but did no bad considering i picked them up after about 10 years of non playing , 9+ through 9 although its a small course but half its up huge hills and the other is coming back down again :lol: nae birdies , 2 pars and 2 double bogeys , still no confidence in hitting woods though so it was 4 irons off the tee :)

• 4 months later...

Anybody got a recommendation of a public course in decent nick just now?

at this time of year your better playing links courses

i played in a fourball betterball yesterday and course was playing very long as you were getting no run with the driver and guy i got paired with was an earl so i was happy to lose :D

at this time of year your better playing links courses

i played in a fourball betterball yesterday and course was playing very long as you were getting no run with the driver and guy i got paired with was an earl so i was happy to lose :D

:lol: I'm never happy to lose but that's all I seem to fucking do as I'm pish but still enjoy it. What links course do you play?

:lol: I'm never happy to lose but that's all I seem to fucking do as I'm pish but still enjoy it. What links course do you play?

i dont but at this time of year and thru the winter months they are in better nick.

if your rangersgarys mate do what he done and buy a playstation :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Played First round since October after a long off period got 18 holes in at Drumoig and ended up hitting 20+ :( not bad considering the length of time i have been out the game , missed 2 birdie chances got 3 pars , 10 bogeys and 5 doubles (first 5 holes 3 fucking putting ) not used to the fast greens

Ive been playing most weekends thru the winter, i am pretty shite at it my driving last sunday was embarassing i had quite a few fresh air shots and every time i fucked up i went mad and kept playing shite shots, still enjoy it though!

And i have been playing tiger woods 11 on ps3 which i am a bit better at!