Golf

kplfishtank

On 18/01/2018 at 23:13, RFC RYAN said:

Plan to play a few opens this year willing to travel going to get a yellow book anybody recommend one to look out for ? 

Crieff, auchterarder, dunblane, blairgowrie (rosemount), glenbervie all depends how far you are willing to travel. 

I've stopped playing and miss it but with young kids it makes it difficult.

Rest of the field might as well not turn up this week. The amount of coverage Tiger is getting is ridiculous. Bit of a slap in the face for the young guys, the likes of Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth etc who have really progressed while hes been out the game.

On 25/01/2018 at 08:46, LiviGer said:

Rest of the field might as well not turn up this week. The amount of coverage Tiger is getting is ridiculous. Bit of a slap in the face for the young guys, the likes of Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth etc who have really progressed while hes been out the game.

Going by the folk that has turned up to watch him and tv viewers the golf world needs woods.a doubt he’ll be the player he was or even close buts its good to see him back playing 

On 25/01/2018 at 08:46, LiviGer said:

Tiger = Money.

9 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Going by the folk that has turned up to watch him and tv viewers the golf world needs woods.a doubt he’ll be the player he was or even close buts its good to see him back playing 

49 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Tiger = Money.

I get it’s all about money but when the PGA tour Facebook page is putting up highlights of his tournament when he was never in contention it’s laughable the coverage he gets.  

Stayed up and watched the golf last night only for it to go to the fifth play-off hole and still not conclude! 

Noren and Day were producing some top stuff in darkness. They need to come back out again today.

Fucking 6 hours it took for most final rounds. JB Holmes being an utter worse cunt culprit for slow play. Spent about 5 minutes on the last when Noren and Palmer had chances to win only to lay up on the par 5 last into the rough when he needed eagle. Moron.

13 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Stayed up and watched the golf last night only for it to go to the fifth play-off hole and still not conclude! 

Noren and Day were producing some top stuff in darkness. They need to come back out again today.

Fucking 6 hours it took for most final rounds. JB Holmes being an utter worse cunt culprit for slow play. Spent about 5 minutes on the last when Noren and Palmer had chances to win only to lay up on the par 5 last into the rough when he needed eagle. Moron.

Golf needs to clamp down on cunts like holmes and Speith. Far too slow. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Golf needs to clamp down on cunts like holmes and Speith. Far too slow. 

It was terrible. Noren ended up changing clubs and went long after waiting so long but he was at it all day. The generally rude fans in America were giving him a bit of stick, and for once I was with them. Yeah. it's just a joke. There are a few persistent offenders. The officials need to do more and take control. And more players need to call them out. It's farcical and ruins the game.

23 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It was terrible. Noren ended up changing clubs and went long after waiting so long but he was at it all day. The generally rude fans in America were giving him a bit of stick, and for once I was with them. Yeah. it's just a joke. There are a few persistent offenders. The officials need to do more and take control. And more players need to call them out. It's farcical and ruins the game.

What Speith was allowed to do at the open was a disgrace. You are from this year only allowed three minutes to find a ball yet you can take 15 minutes or upwards to make a decision because you get a line of sight ruling or whatever. Those should be time limited too or, if you are that far off line, it is a drop zone  that's it. 

39 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

What Speith was allowed to do at the open was a disgrace. You are from this year only allowed three minutes to find a ball yet you can take 15 minutes or upwards to make a decision because you get a line of sight ruling or whatever. Those should be time limited too or, if you are that far off line, it is a drop zone  that's it. 

The line of sight ruling is a joke, the Scottish open 2nd day mcilroy hits his 1st tee shot.....he hits it away out to the left, his ball is buried next to a gorse Bush, he has to take a drop, as I watched him through the first 3 holes I noticed that he never dropped a shot at the 1st, it turned out he got a free drop under the line of sight ruling, me or you in the same position it's a dropped shot. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Looking forward to the new season, off to Costa Del Sol on 28th of April for a week. Anyone been there before, if so what courses?

Going to get fitted for a new set of irons next week, Winter nearly over finally.

What area of the Costa del sol ? 

Been a couple of times golf course on every corner. 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

Looking forward to the new season, off to Costa Del Sol on 28th of April for a week. Anyone been there before, if so what courses?

Going to get fitted for a new set of irons next week, Winter nearly over finally.

Been there about 7 times and going again this coming May.

Plenty of decent courses Capobino, Santa maria, torrequebrada and mijas just to name a few.

Ones to avoid Cala nova and la Cala north....first one was in terrible condition and la Cala is just a mental fuck up of a course.

35 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Its around Torremolinos and Marbella I think. Courses we are playing is Cabopino, Torrequebrada, Mijas Los Lagos, Santa Maria and Santana.

Played Los Lagos am sure that was the course with loads of water I mean if you miss the green with 2 yards your ball is wet. That's the only one I played out them. The one a didn't enjoy was El chaparral had money problems at the time. Folk said Santa Maria and Santana were the courses to play we stayed in Benalmadena which is a little closer to Malaga, Marbella is further up the coast. It was about 3-4 years ago I went. Can't beat playing in warm weather with a buggy. 

45 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Its around Torremolinos and Marbella I think. Courses we are playing is Cabopino, Torrequebrada, Mijas Los Lagos, Santa Maria and Santana.

I just sent you a reply and named all your courses bar Santana which I've played only once but it is decent enough?

Just now, hammer93 said:

Been there about 7 times and going again this coming May.

Plenty of decent courses Capobino, Santa maria, torrequebrada and mijas just to name a few.

Ones to avoid Cala nova and la Cala north....first one was in terrible condition and la Cala is just a mental fuck up of a course.

I liked La Cala but there was 3 different courses so maybe a different place. The 3 courses were Asia, Europa and America. Like target golf. 

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Played Los Lagos am sure that was the course with loads of water I mean if you miss the green with 2 yards your ball is wet. That's the only one I played out them. The one a didn't enjoy was El chaparral had money problems at the time. Folk said Santa Maria and Santana were the courses to play we stayed in Benalmadena which is a little closer to Malaga, Marbella is further up the coast. It was about 3-4 years ago I went. Can't beat playing in warm weather with a buggy. 

Same here bud.....didn't like el chaparral far to many trees and I prefer the olivios course at mijas ?

Just now, hammer93 said:

Same here bud.....didn't like el chaparral far to many trees and I prefer the olivios course at mijas ?

I think I played them both at Mijas just seemed to remember loads of water at one of the courses. We got paired up with 2 English guys at a course and they said they played off 18 and 19 never seen someone get up and down so much. 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

I liked La Cala but there was 3 different courses so maybe a different place. The 3 courses were Asia, Europa and America. Like target golf. 

I'm sure it was the America course we played....far to hard for me....some of the tee shots were bizarre, we played it the first time we went to Spain and we all voted never to play it again 

Just now, hammer93 said:

I'm sure it was the America course we played....far to hard for me....some of the tee shots were bizarre, we played it the first time we went to Spain and we all voted never to play it again 

Aye I can see what you mean but I enjoyed it but different people like different courses. One thing I will say you hardly get a course that is in poor in that region. 

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Aye I can see what you mean but I enjoyed it but different people like different courses. One thing I will say you hardly get a course that is in poor in that region. 

Cala Nova was in terrible condition, they had lost the greens to what looked like some kind of disease, in saying that it was 4 yrs ago so it might be ok now but we're not going to gamble on it.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Cala Nova was in terrible condition, they had lost the greens to what looked like some kind of disease, in saying that it was 4 yrs ago so it might be ok now but we're not going to gamble on it.

Aye a wouldn't either never played it myself.