Golf

kplfishtank

7 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I expect things will change relatively quickly once we get started. 

Where do you play? I am up at Milngavie

Colville Park in Motherwell. 

That's our rules there 

Golf Return on 29th May 2020.

The rules have been set to help protect all staff and members of the club. The rules will be monitored by the board to judge whether any updates are necessary. Please do not block book the booking system for sweeps or gatherings. Each individual will be required to book his or her Own time. The golf course will be busy, so we require a sensible, flexible approach on return.

Safe Return to Golf

Rules & Guidance

The following rules have been put in place for the safety of all our members and staff. These rules supersede all other rules and procedures including the club constitution until further notice. Any member found not complying with any of the following rules will face automatic suspension of playing privileges of up to 6 months. Repeat infringements may result in the cancellation of membership. These rules are here to protect everyone.

General

Social Distancing of at least 2m must be adhered to at all times whether inside or outside the clubhouse or out on the course.

All games must start from the 1sthole, no skipping between holes

All play will be restricted to 2 balls only whether all players are from the same household or not.

No Guests or Visitors permitted

Strictly no play before designated booking times

Play is permitted after the booking times (evenings)

no check in required after 7pm Weekdays & 4pm Weekends

No sharing of any equipment (this includes tee pegs, markers etc.)

Do not touch any furniture on the course, including pins, ball washers, tee markers etc.

We advise that a cloth mask is worn when inside the clubhouse, whether to check in or use toilet.

Do not approach any member of staff, committee or board members (other than to check in) whether inside the club or on the course. All comments, complaints, suggestions should be communicated by email to....... Or by telephone to the Pro shop. Not in person.

Please respect other people around you at all times.

Booking Process

Booked Tee times will be available from 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday (not before 8am)

Booking Tee times will be available from 7.30am until 4pm at weekends (not before 07.30am)

Online booking will open from 6pm the day before.

Booking can be done through the professional shop if you do not have online access between 6pm and 7pm the day before or at any time on the day as long as it is 1 hour before you intend to play.

All tee times must be cancelled ASAP if not being used. Failure to do so will result in the lead player being suspended from booking times for 7 days following that date.

No walk on slots will be available. Times must be booked 1 hour minimum in advance.

No swapping of times will be permitted

Tee times will be spaced out at 10 minute intervals

First name on the booking sheet owns that time; please do not join people unless they agree

Please don’t spread book single names fill the times in as 2 balls or they will be joined up

On Arrival

Arrive at professional shop a maximum of 5 minutes before your tee time

Only 1 golfer from each slot will have to check in

Social distancing will be in operation at the entrance to the golf reception

You must tee off exactly on your time (not early)

Putting Green and warm up bays will be closed

Other important information

No slow play. This is to avoid queuing at tees. Strictly 3 minutes to search for a lost ball. Only search for your own ball. If ball is lost drop a new one as close to where it you think it was lost. No returning to tee to replay shots. Increase speed of play to re-establish gap between games.

Each player shall only play 1 ball at any time, unless genuinely playing a provisional where they believe their first ball is lost or out of bounds.

The practice area can be used (2 people maximum at any time) book through the professional shop in advance.

Locker & trolley rooms will remain closed until further notice. Times will be displayed when you can retrieve your trolley or clubs

Only the disabled toilet will be available in the reception area of the club. It will be cleaned after use

Any changes to the information will be emailed or displayed on the website & notice board

The clubhouse will remain closed until further notice

Competition play and handicap play is suspended until further notice.

The Board of Directors will continue to monitor all available guidance and will update these rules where necessary. We thank you in advance for your compliance and understanding during these difficult and challenging times. Please remember to stay safe.

STAY ALERT >> CONTROL THE VIRUS >> SAVE LIVES

Looks very similar to what we have. Our BRS opens Mon at 7pm, we are keeping 8 mins between tee times which will help a bit. Our course isnt so busy,  but if only 2 balls the slots will go quickly.

Hope the weather improves and we can all get back out doing what we love.👍

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

I expect things will change relatively quickly once we get started. 

Where do you play? I am up at Milngavie

I love Milngavie, cracking challenge  the 4th off the par 4 tee is a bastard of a hole 

13 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I love Milngavie, cracking challenge  the 4th off the par 4 tee is a bastard of a hole 

Thanks mate, yeah long par 4 uphill, usually into the wind. Very difficult to hit GIR. No bunkers in that hole but plenty of other hazards.

I like the 5th best (short, drivable par 4), elevated tee). Tbh i am just desperate to get back out, the course is looking brilliant with new greenkeeper and good weather so cant wait.

9 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Thanks mate, yeah long par 4 uphill, usually into the wind. Very difficult to hit GIR. No bunkers in that hole but plenty of other hazards.

I like the 5th best (short, drivable par 4), elevated tee). Tbh i am just desperate to get back out, the course is looking brilliant with new greenkeeper and good weather so cant wait.

The fifth is a cracking short par 4, I hit it regularly from the tee then usually 3 putt it as I find the green a bastard to read :headwall:

On 24/05/2020 at 08:24, dummiesoot said:

The fifth is a cracking short par 4, I hit it regularly from the tee then usually 3 putt it as I find the green a bastard to read :headwall:

Its hard to hit with bunkers both sides and natural right to left slope. Eagled it twice but both times i missed the green and chipped in😂😂😂😂

On 23/05/2020 at 17:26, Bearsden bear said:

I cant wait to play again, been walking the course recently and there are too many joggers, dog walkers on our land for my liking! - I will be delighted to boot them off and reclaim my course!

Target practice?

Decided that i would spend £120 this month but not on a driver :D and joined a (fairly) local par 3 & a couple of par 4s course, who are extending to a 12 hole course. I see it as a great way to improve 70% of your game, seen as about 70% of your shots are within 150 yards.

Can still go down the driving range to keep on top of my driving, for when i do play a full 18.

OH! Anyone fancy buying a Titliest 917 D3 with a stiff or regular shaft? :D :D :D Still can't hit that fucker consistently. The R15 i bought and my old R540XD= No bother.

5 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

You a member anyplace in that neck of the woods?

Elderslie, I have a mate that plays at milngavie, we tour each others course for a right good 4 ball slagging match.

I absolutely love playing Milngavie,  the par three are all different as well. Every now and then we will go to the black tees for a laugh, though the 4 becomes a more gentle par 5.

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Elderslie, I have a mate that plays at milngavie, we tour each others course for a right good 4 ball slagging match.

I absolutely love playing Milngavie,  the par three are all different as well. Every now and then we will go to the black tees for a laugh, though the 4 becomes a more gentle par 5.

Never played Elderslie, is it good? I've played a few opens and things but not that one.

I think being allowed to play off any tee is pretty cool. The 4th off the black as you say is pretty tame as a par 5 but the 13th off that wee podium is quite entertaining. 

I do like the course and its tougher than it looks on paper, i was considering Hayston or Cawder but im statying put for the foreseeable.

46 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Never played Elderslie, is it good? I've played a few opens and things but not that one.

I think being allowed to play off any tee is pretty cool. The 4th off the black as you say is pretty tame as a par 5 but the 13th off that wee podium is quite entertaining. 

I do like the course and its tougher than it looks on paper, i was considering Hayston or Cawder but im statying put for the foreseeable.

Yeah the 7th and 13th are fairly brutal off the back tee. It is an unforgiving course, stray a bit and the rough can be severe. 

Elderslie is a good track apart from the 12th which is a short par4 on a slide slope, if there is no growth your ball ends up in a burn. Condition of the course is first class. Usually best in the area imo.

13 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Yeah the 7th and 13th are fairly brutal off the back tee. It is an unforgiving course, stray a bit and the rough can be severe. 

Elderslie is a good track apart from the 12th which is a short par4 on a slide slope, if there is no growth your ball ends up in a burn. Condition of the course is first class. Usually best in the area imo.

Will give it a bash, i think i can play Paisley for free as part of 1895 club, will check tgem out when things open up a bit more

41 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

First round back this afternoon, even worse than expected. Fucking murder

My first game also m8...a bit hit a miss, started 10,7, 7 and was 3 up🤣🤣 I settled a bit from the 7th..5,5,5,4,5,4,4,4....then blew up in the last 4 holes😅

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

My first game also m8...a bit hit a miss, started 10,7, 7 and was 3 up🤣🤣 I settled a bit from the 7th..5,5,5,4,5,4,4,4....then blew up in the last 4 holes😅

😂😂 fuck sake, a didnt have one par aw day. 

Ma first dig with the driver went straight up in the air and landed about 20 yards in front of me, utter pish

8 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

😂😂 fuck sake, a didnt have one par aw day. 

Ma first dig with the driver went straight up in the air and landed about 20 yards in front of me, utter pish

I was worse, I fucked mine high to the right which was OB🤣🤣 one of those 4s is a birdie...I was on the green in 2 at a 520yd par 5...I will never play that hole as well aslong as I have a hole in ma heid😅

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I was worse, I fucked mine high to the right which was OB🤣🤣 one of those 4s is a birdie...I was on the green in 2 at a 520yd par 5...I will never play that hole as well aslong as I have a hole in ma heid😅

😂😂 fuck it, can only get better hopefully. Where do you play?

Just now, ShanksRFC said:

Going private or some pish? Thats brutal.  Never played before but heard its cracking.

Loch Lomond owned it but sold up to a leisure company Darwin escapes...anyway their blue print is to build lodges and pack the course out with foreign travellers (covid has now put a spanner in those plans) anyway they have stopped the membership citing they didn't want to let members down by not being able to facilitate tee times

Great course m8 as it is generally playable all year round, it will be a sore one to lose

Going for my first hit the night trying to get a tee time is murder out at 7.30 or something just playing myself will probably only play 8 or 12 holes will see how it's moving. First hole is a 186yard par 3 maybe play it as a 2 shoter as a don't fancy a 4 or 5 iron for my first hit back 😂

Played Friday,utter posh, lost 4 balls.

Played yesterday, started off ok, 1 over after 5, then missed the green with my lob wedge took 3 out of the bunker, a wee run of triple, triple, bogey,  bogey. Was coming back 2 under for next four holes... them fucked my ankle tripping in a rut at a tree, hobbled off. Not happy