Golf

kplfishtank

45 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Hamilton m8

Tell him to go to either Derek Wright, the pro at Hamilton GC or to Alan McCluskey pro at Bothwell GC. 
Both are excellent pros, will take the time and for him properly and will help him to get started in the game. 

7 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

To be fair I had a trackman session on Wednesday and it was an eye opener. 😂😂😂

Did you know that worldwide it is estimated that only 1% of golfers carry the driver over 200 yards? 

Now that is something I did not know 

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Now that is something I did not know 

Yeah the pro I’m working with was telling me that is a stat drawn from trackman.

It was an eye opener, I assumed I was carrying it further but clearly it’s the penetrating flight that’s getting my distance on the chase. Was averaging a carry of 224 but gaining another 25-30 yards. in roll.

54 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah the pro I’m working with was telling me that is a stat drawn from trackman.

It was an eye opener, I assumed I was carrying it further but clearly it’s the penetrating flight that’s getting my distance on the chase. Was averaging a carry of 224 but gaining another 25-30 yards. in roll.

I am due another session but will wait until a new set of woods is calling later in the year. I reckon I am around the 235 mark now, used to be 270. Can still get it out there the odd time but not very often  

31 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I am due another session but will wait until a new set of woods is calling later in the year. I reckon I am around the 235 mark now, used to be 270. Can still get it out there the odd time but not very often  

Yeah it was a wake up call. Def not hitting it as far I used or believed I was. 

Did give me a talk over how flightpath plays a huge part in the end outcome. Even difference between a range ball to a premium ball.

I'm sure everyone is aware but with range balls you lose 10-15% distance so that will affect the flight by maybe 1/2 a yard in height on a driver.

Would also be interested to see if those average carrys took into account all golfers i.e. men women children. As that seems a little short for the average male golfer.

And thats me picked up the 2 clubs to sort the gap in my bag, ended up getting a Titleist 913F 15 degree and 913H 19 degree for £60. So thats my full bag for about £350. Now to spend another £100 on a couple of lessons. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Clydeway has a good selection and can fit for most brands.  Wouldn't go near American golf for irons. 

The mug has already bought full set of irons,driver   3 wood hybrids etc Callaway Marik paid about 2 I ish ,bit mental.as hes only been playing under a year 

On 18/02/2020 at 17:25, mclovin9091 said:

I love guys like that, that have all the new kit. Whats that mate you've just bought the new (insert whatever), cool. You selling the old one? 😄 😄 😄

I tested the Mavrik and thought it was pish. Was hitting my 3 year old XR speed past it. Just a con to get you buying clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

Played today at the dukes with my brother on at itison deal. Pretty wet underfoot but the greens were ok. It was ok but would never pay full fee for it. Played pretty well tbf considering it's probably the first round I've played without drinking beer on the way round for a few years.