Sporting CP sign Pedro Mendes

warden90

Our squad is nowhere near good enough to let a player of Pedro Mendes quality go.

If it wasnt for him we just might not have won the league at Tannadice last season.

Says a lot thats hes off to Sporting Lisbon and not some 2nd division mob somewhere. We've sold ourselves short here and lost one of the only players in our squad with any real technical ability. The kind of player, who in the last Old Firm game when Celtic were absolutely dominating, could have put his foot on the ball, played a pass or 2 and spread some composure.

Outside of Mendes, Davis is probably our only player comfortable having the ball for more than 3 seconds, and to be honest that isnt enough.

I agree (tu)

I SECOND THAT

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont see us signing anyone , free or loan deal, TBH

bang on. the money will be going straight to the banks. we have probably left it too late to get anyone in anyway even if we got the go ahead to spend. i would have loved at least 1 fresh face in, but just cant see it happening

bang on. the money will be going straight to the banks. we have probably left it too late to get anyone in anyway even if we got the go ahead to spend. i would have loved at least 1 fresh face in, but just cant see it happening

:lol:

Oh no its wont! :)

And there is plenty time to sign one or 2 players to improve an already strong team.

In Sir Walter we most certainly should trust

if this turns out true, the i wish mendes a fond farewell and i thank him for every minute he has played at the club

there is no doubt he aided us in winning the league last season, quite probably THE most important league win in the clubs history

hope you get your world cup dream pedro, thanks for the 4 goals last season (especially THAT one against that lot)

i will be a wee bit sad to see mendes go, even tho he hasn't really played for us this season,

i think the goals that he scored for us last season helped us on our way to winning the championship, esp that one against the scum at the tottie-dome.

he ran the show that day (shutting motor mouth paul hartley up) i will never forget it or that amazing goal of the season that he scored.

i doubt we will get anyone in to replace him and i fear that if davis was to get a bad injury we could be in trouble in midfield as we dont have another creative

midfielder at the club!

but on a happier note, thanks pedro for the memories, and all the best on your return to portugal

And there is plenty time to sign one or 2 players to improve an already strong team.

"In Sir Walter we most certainly should trust"

The signings of Lafferty, Velicka and Mcculloch (who is still a poor, poor footballer despite what people on here now think) would suggest that your statement isn't always true.

"In Sir Walter we most certainly should trust"

The signings of Lafferty, Velicka and Mcculloch (who is still a poor, poor footballer despite what people on here now think) would suggest that your statement isn't always true.

He gets right most of the time

No manager in the world has a 100% " good signing" record

I think this was good business for us, we have 1.5 million to slap the Bankers with and we have cleared 40k from the wage bill when you include Rothens departure. I just couldn't see how Mendes could fit in the team. Davis is now our playmaker and you need a hatchetman along side him for cover, that comes from big "elbows" Lee or Thomson.

Move confirmed, official text.

Rangers have confirmed Portugal midfielder Pedro Mendes has left the club after he signed a contract with Sporting Lisbon earlier on this afternoon.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

It's really sad to see a quality footballer like him leave the club, and I wish him all the best. He seems like a very decent guy and hopefully he'll get into Portugal's 23 man squad for the World Cup as well.

The priority for Rangers is domestic success, and we've shown that we have good enough central midfielders for the SPL. If we manage to get a winger in to free up Davis to play in his natural position, the move could work out a good one for us.

Good luck Pedro.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

It's really sad to see a quality footballer like him leave the club, and I wish him all the best. He seems like a very decent guy and hopefully he'll get into Portugal's 23 man squad for the World Cup as well.

The priority for Rangers is domestic success, and we've shown that we have good enough central midfielders for the SPL. If we manage to get a winger in to free up Davis to play in his natural position, the move could work out a good one for us.

Good luck Pedro.

It all depends on who we get in (if anybody at all). Another Rothen would not be good