Whittaker and Naismith?

polar bear

Whittaker whenever he scores goals seems to think he is a footballer and for the next four or five games is hopeless.No attention span,concentration or positional sense.

Naismith,I still maintain, showed in short bursts at Killie and was posted missing for long spells.His basic footballing flaws;control,touch,never looking up and inevitable loss of possession could be overlooked in a team with no expectations and little talent. At the sharp end of the table where a player is under scrutiny and expected to show basic ability he falls well short. He has not performed in wide areas and is not really talented enough or has the quickness of thought and reactions to play as second striker in a team where standards have to be at a reasonably high level and as I said his touch and control are also too poor to be a main striker.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what annoys me about whittaker is that he has the ability to be a great footballer as he has shown in many games before. Hes showed the ability to drive with the ball and take on opponents and also has a good eye for goal. Hes chipped in with his fair share of goals since he joined the club, which cant be denied, This season hes banged them in too and is the 3rd top goal scorer. But he is very inconsistent and defensively hes is terrible. If only he could be consistent i think he would be a great player.

Naismith has from now until June to prove he's a Rangers player.

I'm 50/50 over whether he's lost confidence, or just lost his ability since injury.

Or maybe never had the ability to succeed at Ranger in the first place?

I was a Naismith fan when he was at Kilmarnock, but it's a big jump up from Killie to Rangers, and he's not cutting it. I hope we don't see him that often between now and the end of the season, and we punt him in the summer.

what annoys me about whittaker is that he has the ability to be a great footballer as he has shown in many games before. Hes showed the ability to drive with the ball and take on opponents and also has a good eye for goal. Hes chipped in with his fair share of goals since he joined the club, which cant be denied, This season hes banged them in too and is the 3rd top goal scorer. But he is very inconsistent and defensively hes is terrible. If only he could be consistent i think he would be a great player.

The thing is where should he play? He cannot defend,as a midfielder he never protects his full back.He loses possession too easily to play centrally.His thought processes and reactions are too slow to play up front or off a striker.

He does chip in with goals,but the gamble is: can he be trusted when the game has not been won and we are under pressure?

I was very happy when we signed Naismith, but tbh he does my nut in now every time he's on. Never ever confident of him putting the ball in the net; the only thing he seems to excel at is running into trouble, giving the ball away, and falling over. Probably harsh, but I've run out of patience with that experiment and just can't see him cutting it here.

I've always said Naismith was never a £2m player and should never be near a Rangers side.

Too many passengers again last night........the pitch was shockin and there should be a complaint but that should not be an excuse for not being able to trap and pass a baw......Naismith,Broadfoot and Whittaker couldn't do that and that is unforgiveable in a side going for a league championship.

I can't defend Naismith because he's been absent for much of this season and last, but on this occasion I've got to defend Whittaker who was, once again, fucked about by our tactical genius in the dug-out.

Whoever thought it would be OK to play Whitaker at left-mid should get his arse kicked from now until next Sunday, the boy has struggled with his confidence so they stick him into a mud-field and ask him to perform in a position he's unfamiliar with............and the killer..........Kevin Thomson (left-mid) is sitting on his arse on the bench.

Nice one Walter. :(

I can't defend Naismith because he's been absent for much of this season and last, but on this occasion I've got to defend Whittaker who was, once again, fucked about by our tactical genius in the dug-out.

Whoever thought it would be OK to play Whitaker at left-mid should get his arse kicked from now until next Sunday, the boy has struggled with his confidence so they stick him into a mud-field and ask him to perform in a position he's unfamiliar with............and the killer..........Kevin Thomson (left-mid) is sitting on his arse on the bench.

Thomson's about as much of a left mid as Whittaker is.

Steven Whittaker is shite and always has been.

A couple of weeks ago, people were wanting Whittaker to play higher up the pitch and were making him out to be this really good player. I just couldn't accept it, he is hopeless, with the exception of the latter stages of games against lesser sides or in home games.

He is useless at defending and isn't much better going forward. He should be no more than a squad player.

I disagree.

I always dread when i see Naismith running onto the field. He is garbage. I feel everytime i watch the game i spend most of it shouting at Naismith he is definately not good enough to be a Rangers player. He gave away the freekick that led to the goal last night missed a penalty against St Mirren (granted we won that game but that would mean there was less pressure on him). He is absolutely garbage. If Walter wants him to get match fitness thats what the reserves are for!

I disagree.

I slightly agree with you and slightly disagree.

I would have Thomson over Whittaker anyday of the week, that's for sure, but at left midfield I am not sure. Could we have not went with three in the middle and moved Naismith upfront with Boyd and Miller? Surely that would have made more sence?

Naismith was a waste of a fucking jersey in the first half tonight. All he does is aimlessly run about and collide with folk.

exactly, he needlessly gave away the free kick for the goal also!!!! he should never have played in front of Novo!

the 2 wide positions for Rangers are embarrassing, i dont/cant blame the players who are out of position, we needed 2 wide men ever since Walter came back to the club, he still hasnt addressed it.

our team is a shambles, we must be honest, we lack so many basics it is worrying.

Naismith is absolutely shite. He couldn't get a game for the Galt Eagles, a pub team over here in Canada

The Galt Eagles raid rangers!! Lafferty, Whittaker and Naismith all sign on the dotted line for the Eagles! Combined fee of 10 million!!

Naismith was a waste of a fucking jersey in the first half tonight. All he does is aimlessly run about and collide with folk.

exactly, he needlessly gave away the free kick for the goal also!!!! he should never have played in front of Novo!

Novo is by far the better option for the wing!