Favourite Away Ground You Have Been To

MartinGers93

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atmospheric shitholes > quiet souless luxury bowls with £1200 season tickets

In terms of Scotland i quite like Tynecastle, the old Brockville and Firhill when they still the terracing behind the goals.

Not been to a Rangers game outside of Scotland, been to a few Blackpool games at Bloomfield Road and 2 stands with rain been driven in under the roof by wind off the Irish sea is certainly "different".

Parc des Princes in the UEFA Cup.

Despite the polis/stewards being an absolute shower of wanks outside, the stadium was ace and the atmosphere was terrific.

Eastlands comes a close second.

It's funny how we become nostalgic for evil dangerous shitholes the older we get. 'Old' Parkhead was dump (and the new one is only improved by dint of its seats), a genuine abomination, how people never died there I'll never know. So was Easter Road, Tynecastle, Brockville and East End Park my least favourite ground in the country. I've never seen us lose at Tannadice so I've always been fond of it. My favourite sports ground is Limavady Cricket Ground - a natural amphitheatre in a lovely location but the ground in Tarbert where Harris play is rather special too. Oh, and the MCC is quite something too.

Aye the old piggery was a dump, but we had some great times there, sometimes it was mental.

Remember the 'Desmond White' banner?

Sucks cocks in hell? I was just talking about that banner the other day funnily enough. You've got to admire the balls of the guys who climbed into the rafters. I mean it was a pretty horrible banner but I cheered like fuck at the time.

What was the most memorable trip in terms of the journey to get there? Doubt I will make an Euro away games next season bhut will the season after once I have graduated, cant wait to go on a wee trip away to watch the Gers!

For me it was FK Zeta; I had a week's R&R in Dubrovnik, and a day trip to Montenegro. There were two minibusses full of mentalists (obviously I was the exception).

It was comedy gold from start to finish.

What was the most memorable trip in terms of the journey to get there? Doubt I will make an Euro away games next season bhut will the season after once I have graduated, cant wait to go on a wee trip away to watch the Gers!

For me it was FK Zeta; I had a week's R&R in Dubrovnik, and a day trip to Montenegro. There were two minibusses full of mentalists (obviously I was the exception).

It was comedy gold from start to finish.

Nice! The idea of combining a holiday with cheering on Rangers in some outpost of Europe sounds so good, cant wait to do it! :)

Nice! The idea of combining a holiday with cheering on Rangers in some outpost of Europe sounds so good, cant wait to do it! :)

If you've got the time it can be brilliant, and cheaper.

For Israel 3 years ago we had 6 nights and paid roughly the same as folk who went for one night with the Travel Club. Obviously spending money's a bit more. But what a time we had.

If you've got the time it can be brilliant, and cheaper.

For Israel 3 years ago we had 6 nights and paid roughly the same as folk who went for one night with the Travel Club. Obviously spending money's a bit more. But what a time we had.

6 nights with you i think i would pay a grand for day trip :P:D