Kevin Thomson

Revolt

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KT on form is the best player at Rangers.

On this form he is unreal. Played exceptional against Hibs then again today he was magnificent. Should be captain, no brainer for me.

Today Kevin Thomson was what I've always thought the boy would be in midfield. He bossed it.

I've been a fan of Kev's from Day 1 - let it never be forgotten that when both he and Broon2 were up for sale from Hibs it was Thommo 'THEY' really wanted....but we got him first and in a fit of pique they paid over the odds for the mentalist Broon2 (proven again today).

Kevin Thomson came to us with a history of serious injury behind him - it resurfaced for the boy recently but he has the mental strength to put that all behind him and he's back (still not fully match-fit I say) doing what he does best - tackling and passing mobs like Nonce FC to death.

Well done Kev' - my CanadianBacon M.O.T.M. :sherlock:

One thing I have noticed whilst watching the replays, when Scott Brown gets sent of Thomson is straight over with his arm round Brown just trying to sort him out so he doesn't make it worse. I really thought that was a fantastic gesture, proper sportsmanship. I have no doubt it wouldn't have been the same the other way around.

Ive always been a huge admirer of thomson's and yes this season after a bad injury he hadnt been his usual self

but in the last 5 games i think hes suddenly found his form and fitness again . i for one think him or boogy as next gers captain !

his tackles on keane today were fantastic :praise: :praise: :praise:

tommo was brilliant as was the whole team yesterday, but thomsons tackles on keane was with real intent an thats when i knew we'd win the game! outstanding display and definatly captain once weir hanges up his boots.lets hope he sees a long future with us as he's won player we cant lose.well done kevin thomson

I think Thomson has been dealt with very harshly by some fans on here this season considering he was out for a long stretch last year. He was superb yesterday and commanded the midfield. His tackle on Keane was brilliant.

Jim McLeans player ratings in the record today

Kevin Thomson - Flatters to deceive whenever I watch him.A player who isnt as good as he believes. - 5

What a fud

You can't take Jim McLean seriously though.

That yesterday was a prime example why Kevin Thomson is my favourite player at the club.

Absolutely outstanding, those first three tackles were immense. I think I spent the first 5 minutes of the game saying 'Kevin Thomson, I love you'. Long may it continue.

On another note, Maurice Edu is a player who I thought really shined yesterday too.

Never been a massive fan of his, I thought he had potential but was bemused at the praise some people were given him at the back end of last and start of this season. Yesterday however, he was quite brilliant. Like Thomson, broke up play, kept it simple and generally bossed the midfield.

When McCulloch got injured, I said this could be the best thing for us, but by that I thought we were going to bring Davis in one and then bring on Beasley or Novo to play out wide. However Edu came on and IMO, should not be dropped for the next game.

Well done lads :clap:

One thing I have noticed whilst watching the replays, when Scott Brown gets sent of Thomson is straight over with his arm round Brown just trying to sort him out so he doesn't make it worse. I really thought that was a fantastic gesture, proper sportsmanship. I have no doubt it wouldn't have been the same the other way around.

I disagree - I think it would have been had it been Thommo getting his marching orders.

They were room-mates as well as pals at Easter Road and I've heard tales about them both whilst they were at Hibs that would shame 'Shagger' ;) - however, as Kev now plays with the glorious Glasgow Rangers FC - my lips are sealed. :D

At the end of the day, Thomson is a class act.