News Regarding Proposed Takeover

boss3

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, does anyone really think that these property developers funding the stake by way of a loan from an investment company(no doubt raised against our property valuations) is going to put a penny into the team?

Does anyone really believe that property developers are buying a spl club to make money by running it as a football club?

Interesting to see if the stock exchange makes mention of these proposed takeovers in the next few weeks.

Maybe if the redevelopmenmt plans would no doubt be back on straight away.

I think looking at Arsenals amazing profit from selling the development around the Emirates recently, many businessmen would be looking to do a similar thing elsewhere.

60Million? Im goin into the stadium at Half12 for the Blue Nose Day preparation.

Im no shy so if I see Bain or Johnston ill straight out ask him :)

Half 12?? What time is kick off 3? Or do you work there??

60Million? Im goin into the stadium at Half12 for the Blue Nose Day preparation.

If he looks at you, smiles and winks then its true mate, its definitely happening

Tycoon’s £33m bid to buy Rangers

EXCLUSIVE: Darrell King

Published on 6 Mar 2010

A London-based property developer has made a £33 million offer to take over Rangers Football Club. The Herald can reveal 41-year-old Andrew Ellis lodged a bid for the Ibrox side on Monday through a company called Marlborough Investments.

Mr Ellis is believed to be heading a consortium interested in taking control of the Scottish Premier League side, which is in debt to Lloyds Banking Group to the tune of around £30m.

A name linked last night to the Andrew Ellis bid was David Bulstrode, another wealthy property developer who has made his money from deals in the affluent Knightsbridge area of London.

The £33m offer was submitted to director Donald Muir, the man whose appointment to the Rangers board last October caused controversy among the club’s supporters.

It has been claimed that Mr Muir is running Rangers according to an agenda set by Lloyds, although the bank maintained his placement on the board was down to the Murray Group, the company of Rangers owner and majority shareholder Sir David Murray.

Given that the offer was submitted to Mr Muir, it would appear he is the man making key decisions at the club. Mr Murray stood down as chairman last August and reiterated his desire to sell the club on after more than 20 years at the helm.

Both Mr Ellis and Mr Bulstrode have previous links to football, most notably through their fathers. Mr Ellis’s father, Peter, was chairman of London club Queens Park Rangers in 1996.

When QPR hit financial troubles in 2001, Mr Ellis junior launched a £9m takeover but the deal collapsed and he did not gain control of the club.

He planned to move QPR from their Loftus Road stadium to a new ground near Heathrow Airport, with reports at the time saying he would use the existing stadium site for property redevelopment.

Mr Bulstrode’s father, also David, emerged as a controversial figure in 1987 when the company he headed, Marler Estates, took control of Fulham Football Club and their Craven Cottage stadium, which is in a highly desirable part of west London.

At the time, Marler also owned Chelsea FC’s Stamford Bridge home and QPR. Mr Bulstrode’s intention was to merge QPR and Fulham, sell Craven Cottage and play matches at Loftus Road, thus freeing up the site in Fulham for a new housing development. The proposal was met with anger by supporters of both clubs and never got off the ground.

Rangers’ long-term future has been the subject of much debate since The Herald revealed the full extent of the club’s dire financial situation last October. The news came days after manager Walter Smith went public with his fears for the club as the bank had “their man on the board”.

Mr Muir’s re-election to the board was then opposed at a stormy AGM in December, although he was later voted on when Mr Murray’s majority vote – he owns more than 90% of the club’s shares – carried sway.

There has been ongoing speculation Lloyds Banking Group’s grip on Rangers has led to new contracts for key players, such as striker Kris Boyd, not being signed off as they were not part of the strict business plan the club’s board had to adhere to.

Mr Smith has also made public his concerns the financial crisis would only get worse at the end of this season, and would continue to do so until a new buyer was found.

In January it was claimed that existing director and South African ex-pat millionaire Dave King had made an £18m offer to Lloyds for the club on behalf of a three-man consortium, which was rejected.

This was neither confirmed nor denied by the bank, although Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston said last month that no bids had been made, to his knowledge.

Whether this interest from Mr Ellis will prompt Mr King to make a concrete move to seize control remains to be seen.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/tycoon-s-33m-bid-to-buy-rangers-1.1011503

Shock bid to buy out Rangers to be headed by former QPR director Andrew Ellis

Exclusive by James Traynor; Craig Swan

Rangers are on the brink of securing new ownership in a multi-million pound takeover deal.

Record Sport can reveal talks are at an advanced stage with a London-based party who are prepared to invest heavily.

The Ibrox giants and Lloyds Banking Group have been searching for a solution to their current money woes and fresh riches are in sight.

We believe RFC Holdings (Guernsey Ltd) have been in talks for six weeks regarding moving into Ibrox and the negotiations are at a delicate stage.

Record Sport understands ex-QPR director Andrew Ellis is at the heart of the RFC Holdings move.

Ellis is the son of former Loftus Road chairman Peter and was also interested in taking over the London outfit nine years ago but the move fell through.

A highly-successful estate agent and mortgage consultant, he has been around football for many years and the game runs in the family.

The new group believe the chance is there to move into Ibrox and take the club forward in a major way - but they face opposition as there is one other serious contender from Asia.

Lloyds have been calling the shots at Ibrox for several months as they wait for the right offer to come along.

Parties have displayed interest but the first genuine rescue package, from a four-man group that involved South African tycoon Dave King, of £18 million was thrown out.

Rangers are £31m in debt and, although they announced half-year profits last month of more than £13m, the situation is still grim with Donald Muir on the board alongside chairman Alastair Johnston helping to oversee Rangers' recovery bid.

But Lloyds will see this bid from RFC Holdings as a far more viable proposition to the Kingled deal.

David Murray has always insisted he wouldn't sell unless convinced the new owner could take the club on.

The fact talks with RFC Holdings are at an advanced stage suggest he is convinced the Ellis approach ticks all the right boxes.

http://www.<No links to this website>/2010/03/06/exclusive-shock-bid-to-buy-rangers-headed-by-former-qpr-director-86908-22089398/

Just a question ... how can both stories be EXCLUSIVES when they both have the same information ??

Naturally the very phrase “property developer” will be chilling to some supporters. What’s in it for a couple of London-based businessmen, with previous interests in QPR, to stick their noses into Rangers and plough millions into an SPL club which, despite its huge infrastructure, is chained and anchored by Scottish football’s limited broadcasting income? The thought occurs that Murray Park could be demolished, the land used for housing, and some of the profits used to build a new and smaller complex elsewhere. That looks all well and good on paper, but the best of luck to any businessmen who try to persuade fans that it would be good for Rangers.

Sell Murray Park to fund money for transfers and built a new complex without Murrays name. Yes i'm sure that would be really hard for most of us to get behind. Think it was Jimmy Calderwood after he had left Aberdeen and had been around some of the complexes in Holland already said Murray Park was outdated and the fact that the indoor pitch isn't even full size is ridiculous in the face of a winter like we had.

just volunteered to help sell the blue noses today.

Nice one, good on you. You know where abouts you are selling them?

World War II plane found on Moon ! :sherlock:

More believable than the gorilla on Mars!

Freddie Starr ate ma hamster ! :sherlock:

Nearly spat my tea over my laptop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I beleive it will be inside one of the turnstiles. Dont know which one til I get there.

Dont forget to buy one!

I beleive it will be inside one of the turnstiles. Dont know which one til I get there.

Dont forget to buy one!

I will be buying a few. I want a prize!

Well i will not believe this until i hear it from the club or the "potential buyers". But it could be true so am not denying it, just waiting on a reliable source to comment.

Naturally the very phrase “property developer” will be chilling to some supporters. What’s in it for a couple of London-based businessmen, with previous interests in QPR, to stick their noses into Rangers and plough millions into an SPL club which, despite its huge infrastructure, is chained and anchored by Scottish football’s limited broadcasting income? The thought occurs that Murray Park could be demolished, the land used for housing, and some of the profits used to build a new and smaller complex elsewhere. That looks all well and good on paper, but the best of luck to any businessmen who try to persuade fans that it would be good for Rangers.

Sell Murray Park to fund money for transfers and built a new complex without Murrays name. Yes i'm sure that would be really hard for most of us to get behind. Think it was Jimmy Calderwood after he had left Aberdeen and had been around some of the complexes in Holland already said Murray Park was outdated and the fact that the indoor pitch isn't even full size is ridiculous in the face of a winter like we had.

I'm told that housing could not be built on the Murray Park land as the appropriate planning permission is not in place - nor is it likely to be given. That would have to be checked with the council of course.

I really really hope, given all the snash comments made to Boss3 and the sarcastic replies about him being full of shit, that there's a fair few apologies going his way today; he was bang on about this story surfacing today.

THE Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders and supporters to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

The Club's board has been advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH"), that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the Board is unable to comment further at this time.

THE Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders and supporters to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

The Club's board has been advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH"), that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the Club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the Club to a third party.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the Board is unable to comment further at this time.

Rangers Football Club have this morning released a statement regarding the speculation regarding the potential of a takeover. It reads:

"The Board of Directors of The Rangers Football Club plc ("Club") is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders and supporters to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

The directors of the Club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the Board is unable to comment further at this time."

View the full article