Arsenal vs Barcelona - 'The battle of beautiful football'

Ryan_1

:wink:

all i can say is that messi was amazing and at 22 :praise:

Id like to quote some fanny journo from the English NOTW last sunday if i may

"Rooney is a better player than Messi, sure Messi may look good in La Liga but outside the top 6 they aint that great in Spain"

Ahahaha Andy Shephard, your a useless english bastart of a journo

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wink:

all i can say is that messi was amazing and at 22 :praise:

Id like to quote some fanny journo from the English NOTW last sunday if i may

"Rooney is a better player than Messi, sure Messi may look good in La Liga but outside the top 6 they aint that great in Spain"

Ahahaha Andy Shephard, your a useless english bastart of a journo

La Liga is a better league!

The English have their head's up their arse as usual. I'm glad Arsenal took a battering :)

I think there is a player inside Walcott somewhere, He just doesn't show it enough, and his end product is very poor.

Such a frustrating player although he's still got plenty time to work on certain areas, and improve.

Wenger and Capello rate him, say's it all for me.

Wenger is still trying to justify a £12m outlay, IMO of course.

As for Capello - does he actually rate him (obviously he does to an extent), or does his requirement of having at least one lightning quick 'winger' in his midfield benefit Walcott?

He has always played with a rapid player on the left or right of midfield, and outwith the injured Lennon, he's not spoiled for choices.

I agreed with DBBTB that, before his recent injury, Aaron Lennon is the player that Walcott SHOULD have developed in to.

I think there is a player inside Walcott somewhere, He just doesn't show it enough, and his end product is very poor.

Such a frustrating player although he's still got plenty time to work on certain areas, and improve.

As for Capello - does he actually rate him (obviously he does to an extent), or does his requirement of having at least one lightning quick 'winger' in his midfield benefit Walcott?

He has always played with a rapid player on the left or right of midfield, and outwith the injured Lennon, he's not spoiled for choices.

I agreed with DBBTB that, before his recent injury, Aaron Lennon is the player that Walcott SHOULD have developed in to.

Aaron Lennon was very inconsistant before this season. He's worked on certain areas, mainly his final ball, and it's shown this season.

He's 23, Walcott has just turned 21 - let's see where Walcott is in 2 years time!

Aaron Lennon was very inconsistant before this season. He's worked on certain areas, mainly his final ball, and it's shown this season.

He's 23, Walcott has just turned 21 - let's see where Walcott is in 2 years time!

It'll need to be better than his last two years, that's for sure.

I'm still not convinced he's a winger either, part of me thinks he should up front beside the 'big guy', so to speak.

It'll need to be better than his last two years, that's for sure.

I'm still not convinced he's a winger either, part of me thinks he should up front beside the 'big guy', so to speak.

He'll need to get over the niggling injuries for starters.

Not a winger IMO, better through the middle!

Injuries don't help. If he can get over his niggling injuries then he may start more games!?

Possibly.

Thing is, he just seems ideal for that right wing position in Wenger's 4-3-3. He should have been loaned straight back to Southampton after Wenger bought him.

Would Messi have made it if he was Scottish?

I know Billy Stark said this about Iniesta and Xavi, but you have to believe a guy with that amount of ability would make it no matter where he is from!

Messi is a genius man :drool: everybody in scotland should chip in 20 quid n bring him in tae Rangers :rolleyes:

Haha im sure Gerry Armstrong said during a barca game that they let Ronnie go and said to Messi that he was the new thing, that everything was going to be worked around him. And he has a buy out clause of 250M Euors :lol: if we can make that up it would be the best investment ever :wink:

The way andy gray was talking earlier, you got the impression it was as if Barcelona were cheating by having a player as good as messi in their team :lol:

Aye a heard him say they would be fucked without him (not as explicitly but you get the picture)

I'd have to disagree though because I think without Messi, they'd still have Iniesta, Xavi etc and would still be capable of beating any team on the planet.

Messi is a genius man :drool: everybody in scotland should chip in 20 quid n bring him in tae Rangers :rolleyes:

Haha im sure Gerry Armstrong said during a barca game that they let Ronnie go and said to Messi that he was the new thing, that everything was going to be worked around him. And he has a buy out clause of 250M Euors :lol: if we can make that up it would be the best investment ever :wink:

ok i've worked it out, everybody in scotland needs to pay £44 to bring messi to ibrox. im off to an atm.

Whats the record for most champions league goals in 1 season? I can only find all time top goalscorer, is there a such record?

Ruud Van Nistelrooy got 12 in the 2002/2003 season, think thats the most.

Whats the record for most champions league goals in 1 season? I can only find all time top goalscorer, is there a such record?

Ruud Van Nistelrooy got 12 in the 2002/2003 season, think thats the most.

So Messi is on 8. 2 in the semis and a hat-trick in the final ! :)

This Barca team have to be one of the greatest teams ever, they seems to be taking the way football is played to new levels, and it seems like the coaching setup is as much to do with it as the incredible talent available.

What I will say is, there is a difference between getting past a depleted Arsenal team who are tactically nieve and getting past a well-drilled, physical defensive unit like Inter, Man Utd or Chelsea.

I think if they get past Inter, who will offer a much more dificult challenge (IMO) and then go on to win it against wgo ever is in the final then this Barca team will really have stamped their place in the record books, and can be considered the greatest of recent years. Afterall, nobody has ever won the CL two years running and I'm sure PEP is very eager to achieve this.