***The Official 2010 Golf Thread***

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what they're arguing about. It doesn't matter if people walk through it or not, that looks like a bunker everyday of the week to me.

The whole situation is a bit shit and its gonna put a bit of a damper on the competition.

On a positive note, this is Kaymers!

Mate in the States many courses have what they call waste bunkers. Normally very large and often not raked. You are allowed to ground your club in these waste bunkers, in fact there are often local rules that you can lift clean and place. I know of a few courses that the cart paths actually go through these waste bunkers. (Most public courses in Florida insist you use a buggy, extra income for the clubs).

In this case however it appears that it was well publicised that all sand would be treated as actual bunkers.

That was an absolute joke last night, from Watney completely bottling it, McIlroy missing numerous birdie chances, to the Dustin Johnson 'bunker' ruling. I don't know how they can call every sand area, a bunker, especially when spectators, stewards and carts have been going up and down it for the last 6 days... fair enough they left notices on every mirror in the locker room, but the ruling on an unmarked bunker should be on every players score card under the 'local rules' - the stewards and walking rules man should also have intervened. I'm just glad Johnson never holed that putt on 18.

Been a hard few months for Dustin Johnson, and hopefully this makes him even stronger.

Was gutted for Steve Elkington, who left that eagle putt short on 16.

Well done to Martin Kaymer, who is only going to get even better - first of many majors IMO.

That was an absolute joke last night, from Watney completely bottling it, McIlroy missing numerous birdie chances, to the Dustin Johnson 'bunker' ruling. I don't know how they can call every sand area, a bunker, especially when spectators, stewards and carts have been going up and down it for the last 6 days... fair enough they left notices on every mirror in the locker room, but the ruling on an unmarked bunker should be on every players score card under the 'local rules' - the stewards and walking rules man should also have intervened. I'm just glad Johnson never holed that putt on 18.

Been a hard few months for Dustin Johnson, and hopefully this makes him even stronger.

Was gutted for Steve Elkington, who left that eagle putt short on 16.

Well done to Martin Kaymer, who is only going to get even better - first of many majors IMO.

I hear you but i would have played safely and not grounded the club in sand. Simple as that. then you know you have done nothing wrong

I hear you but i would have played safely and not grounded the club in sand. Simple as that. then you know you have done nothing wrong

I wouldn't have thought that was a bunker, especially when you have people standing in it, tire tracks, and no rake nearby. However, in that situation, I would have called the rules man, for a decision.

1 - Lee Westwood

2 - Rory McIlroy

3 - Martin Kaymer

4 - Graeme McDowell

5 - Ian Poulter

6 - Ross Fisher

7 - Francesco Molinari

8 - Miguel Angel Jimenez

9 - Paul Casey

Will Casey play?

I would pick, Luke Donald, Alvaro Quiros and Padraig Harrington.

I wouldn't have thought that was a bunker, especially when you have people standing in it, tire tracks, and no rake nearby. However, in that situation, I would have called the rules man, for a decision.

As i say, it was sand............no way would i have grounded the club

Will Casey play?

I would pick, Luke Donald, Alvaro Quiros and Padraig Harrington.

I have always thought Monty would pick Quiros, he really likes him.

Casey, Rose, Harrington have all decided not to enter in anymore points counting matches so that appears they have shot themselves in the foot. Same with Donald i think! Wouldn't take any of them, for me they are sticking 2 fingers up to the european tour

Donald will probably play at Gleneagles now so Ive heard. The top 9 should stay the same unless someone in the few spots behing them has a top 2 or 3 in the next 2 tournaments. Only guys who could sneak in are Ross McGowan, Eduardo Molinari, Simon Dyson, Alvaro Quiros, Luke Donald or Peter Hanson. Cant see anyone further back than them who are playing either of the next two weeks getting in.

Casey out of automatic contention.

I just hope Monty now has the guts to stick the finger up to all of them next Sunday!

Hope he picks Molinari, Quiros and either Jiminez or Dyson(whoever doesn't get last spot)