Heard some interesting stuff........

gordov

Your right he has not turned up, it is very obvious that he is away to Birmingham. All he has to do if bang a few goals to win the title and a few against the beggars and he will leave as a hero.

Ultimately, his move to Birmingham will fall on its are in the longrun as he will not stand a chance in the premiership.

McLeish obviously thinks he will. Do you think you know better than the ex double Premier League winning Manager and Scotland Manager and incidentally - now actually managing IN the premiership - which, I assume, you are not.

That's a bold statement fella. Cant wait to find out who's right - but I know who my money would be on.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right he has not turned up, it is very obvious that he is away to Birmingham. All he has to do if bang a few goals to win the title and a few against the beggars and he will leave as a hero.

Ultimately, his move to Birmingham will fall on its are in the longrun as he will not stand a chance in the premiership.

McLeish obviously thinks he will. Do you think you know better than the ex double Premier League winning Manager and Scotland Manager and incidentally - now actually managing IN the premiership - which, I assume, you are not.

That's a bold statement fella. Cant wait to find out who's right - but I know who my money would be on.

this will be the same mcleish that bought a striker last summer who's got what? 2 goals is it in the EPL? and for a fair chunk of cash as well

plus what you also have to remember is that birmingham dont often

a) have the bulk of the posession

and

b) when they do, they tend to focus more on not losing goals than creating them, so chances are at a premium down there,

Kris Boyd HAS signed a pre-contract with Birmingham. I had wondered why all the "spend the rest of my days with Rangers" chat had finished.........I also wish he's was big enough to announce it before the summer when he can handle whatever the fans throw at him. I wish he was staying and he might still but i'm just going by source ( son of a well known car franchise who was linked with buying us!!

He also says Dave King will be buying us on his own and not part of a consortium......and Ellis has backed off.......

Just before I get the usual hounding that people get with rumours feel free to look at my history and some off the tranfers that he's told me of days before they have been.....

Let's get 53 wrapped up and whatever happens in the future we're all in it together!!!

If what you say is true about Kris Boyd (I personally dont believe it just my opinion right enough) why has no one from Rangers or Birmingham came out and said something I'm sick of us fans been kept in the dark about everything and before someone says its because the seasons not finished I dont want any player to kick another ball for Rangers if they've signed a pre contract for another club because if they do their hearts not in it with the club their already at, on your point about Dave King I think that MIGHT be true but again thats only my opinion but I TOTALLY agree on your last statement "lets get 53 wrapped up and whatever happens in the future we're all in it together" :uk:

this will be the same mcleish that bought a striker last summer who's got what? 2 goals is it in the EPL? and for a fair chunk of cash as well

plus what you also have to remember is that birmingham dont often

a) have the bulk of the posession

and

b) when they do, they tend to focus more on not losing goals than creating them, so chances are at a premium down there,

I assume you are referring to Benitez. He's a loan signing, he didn't buy him and he also spent a long time out injured and playing in Copa America.

Mcleish is after a poacher to replace Philips who will probably be retiring at the end of the season and needs someone who can last longer than 15 minutes on the pitch and won't cost him anything or very little. If Boyd goes there it is a gamble as to whether he can perform in the EPL but it wouldn't be the first time he surprised people. When he moved from Kilmarnock most people didn't expect him to continue scoring like a machine and people certainly didn't think he would do it for Scotland.

If he goes, good luck to him, he's contributed more than a lot of players have over the last 5 years and if it wasn't for his goals we probably wouldn't be where we are at the moment. Our problem will be how do we replace him as I cannot see any of our current strikers getting anywhere near his goal ratio.

If Boyd does go like this, it would be fucking shameful.

Even if he wanted to go, why not sign a contract with Rangers a few months ago and ensure they got some money?

Anway, I don't believe these rumours. They generally turn out to be pish.

Mcleish is after a poacher to replace Philips who will probably be retiring at the end of the season and needs someone who can last longer than 15 minutes on the pitch

Do those fifteen minutes require running?

If so, why sign Boyd then?

Mcleish is after a poacher to replace Philips who will probably be retiring at the end of the season and needs someone who can last longer than 15 minutes on the pitch

You absolutely reek of F*nian bastardboogie.png

Would this be the same car dealership family who have came out with so much bull this last year with their Rangers stories that they no longer have any credibility on here or anywhere else when it comes to Rangers.

They had their chance to buy the club, but wanted to haggle the price down, allegedly using negative press stories regarding the bank's involvement and Murray's affairs to try to influence the price, with no regard for the wellbeing of the club or what this was doing to the morale of the players or the fans, and when they couldn't get the club for the knock-down price they wanted, disappeared.

I, like a lot of other bears, have heard the stories about Boyd and Birmingham, and have no problem with the OP posting it at all, but forgive me if I laugh out loud at the OP's source being credible. And he blew it big time by still trying to cling on to the belief that King will buy the club, which lets said Car Dealer onto the board, despite everyone knowing there is no chance of this happening this year, or probably even next.

I guess it all depends on which Newspaper you believe.I have just visited the daily Express site which today has printed a quote from Boyd

who says he has signed NO Pre-contract with Birmingham or anybody else and that he will not make his mind up until the Summer to see if we get a new owner...If Walter will be given a contract....What players if any will be sold in the Summer, so there is a lot there to chew on before he makes a decision one way or another if this quote from Boyd is genuine.

I don't think Boyd has signed a precontract, as someone said above the papers would have gotten hold of it without a doubt. I don't doubt for a second he is going though.

I don't understand this website at times.

If the Daily Record had ran the story, people would have called it lies.

Now they aren't running with the story, people are saying it must not be true! :P

I don't think Boyd has signed a precontract, as someone said above the papers would have gotten hold of it without a doubt. I don't doubt for a second he is going though.

Now they aren't running with the story, people are saying it must not be true! :P

The fact they haven't even bothered to make up a story about it makes me think it hasn't happened......or something like that..... :blush:

Have you seen Phillips play? Judging by what he does for his 15 minutes Boyd's only requirement will be to stand in or around the penalty box and if the ball comes to him shoot. Sounds like it's his perfect role.

I don't believe Boyd has signed anything and I don't believe Dave King will buy RFC.

I really laugh at the fans on here that think Kris or any other player should tell fans what they are thinking of doing before they have actually done the deal.

If Kris has decided to leave in the summer, GOOD LUCK to him and thanks for all the memories because without him scoring twenty plus goals every season we would be in a far worse situation than we are in now.

Thing is with boyd - he aint fucking nowhere near good enough to get into any premiership team front line IMO. If he goes to a lower premier team who only ocassionally play with 2 or 3 up front, he wont get in any team down there. Can you imagine boyd up against the top 8 - 10 teams down there...they would have a laugh with him.... He struggles up here sometimes against the shite of the day.

I personally think he will go and will use the financial prediciment as an excuse to go. He still has to beat larssons all time scoring record as larsson scored a few before the SPL started and he is still sitting on 99.

Get a 2 year contarct signed ya cunt and be on your way nxt summer and get the club you love some money.

Boyd will go but, I dont agree with the people that are saying he should sign a contract just to get us money for him. Why should he if he didnt get the 20+ goals a season for us were would we be? So going by that he doesnt owe us anything (tu)

Boyd will go but, I dont agree with the people that are saying he should sign a contract just to get us money for him. Why should he if he didnt get the 20+ goals a season for us were would we be? So going by that he doesnt owe us anything (tu)

Its swings and roundabouts mate.

If we didn't give Boyd the opportunity to score those goals then he'd probably be kicking his heels at Cardiff or Aberdeen because they were the main clubs who were rumoured to be interested in signing him when he went into the last year of his contract at Killie.

Personally speaking, I think this agreement with Birmingham was agreed 18 months ago and if that's the case (we will never know if it is or not) and he does sign for them then Boyd has made a complete mug of the club he claims to love and the supporters who idolise him for his own gains and that's something I will never forgive.

Boyd for a hat-trick on Sunday....

... and re: Birmingham the chance of this NOT being in the press if true = ZERO!!

Why would that be? dont remember seeing anything in the press about Hutton signing an agreement with Spurs 4 months before the deal was done.

Boyd and his agent agreed terms with Birmingham in January 2008, of that theres no doubt

Boyd for a hat-trick on Sunday....

... and re: Birmingham the chance of this NOT being in the press if true = ZERO!!

Why would that be? dont remember seeing anything in the press about Hutton signing an agreement with Spurs 4 months before the deal was done.

Boyd and his agent agreed terms with Birmingham in January 2008

I think that too mate.

The 4 million pound offer gave them a legitimate reason to talk to him.

Offer him a big deal, a big sign on fee & a big cut for his agent that totals less than the transfer fee agreed.

Boyd comes back to Glasgow & continues scoring goals for Rangers safe in the knowledge that he'll win honours with us & set himself up for life 18 months down the line.

It's all very conspiracy theorist sounding, but sadly that's how the football world operates these days.

Now they aren't running with the story, people are saying it must not be true! tongue.gif

OK lets assume you are a journalist 10310.gif and you are 'decent' at your job, you watch one of the high profile players in the country like a hawk, you have your sources in the club, with his agent, his friends, fellow professionals etc. etc. all the sources that a 'decent' reporter will have. And one of them tells you Boyd has signed for someone. What do you do ? Not print it ?

Also I note there is a story in todays papers saying he is waiting to see what happpens, but in that thread you call him a liar (or something like I dont believe a word taht comes out of his, or any palyers mouth) OH dear! anguish.gif