FORGET BOSTON NOW RANGERS !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All for the fans abroad seeing more Rangers in their own midden, but this in boston is not on for me plus we wait till Scottish football is on its knees to then go begging abroad with this shower of ambulance chasin cunts. Why didn't this happen before ? Friendlies at Murray Park ? Tell it to the marines and stick it right up their arses. :sherlock:

I think it is good for Fans in America.

We should be doing all we can to distance ourselves from those manky bastards at the piggery, not doing a fuckin' double-act with the cunts to get a few $ from Jaaahnny Foreigner.

We should be doing all we can to distance ourselves from those manky bastards at the piggery, not doing a fuckin' double-act with the cunts to get a few $ from Jaaahnny Foreigner.

Really can't see the problem in a football team playing football and making some dolla.

Each to their own though eh.

could be an interesting day in glasgow. No idea about the time difference but you're going to get an extra 50/60000 who are usually at the games watching it in the pub. I've watched OF games in city centre when we've played at the piggery and it seems to be mostly gers fans. i'd imagine its vice versa when the games at ibrox.

I'm normally all for Rangers playing in other Countries ( Australia preferably ) to let the O/S bears see the team, though in this instance I'm dead against it for several reasons.

1: A 'Friendly againt C*ltic' ???? Aye! that will be the fucking day.All of a sudden we are all pally wally with Dr. Dossier and Lie-well who have been insinuating we have been aided by corrupt and biased refereeing all season.

2:Who suggested this in the 1st place and who is making money out of this and where exactly is the profit going to?.

3:Boston....For fuck sake. Why don't we just play it outside the Vatican and be done with it.

4: They are talking of a crowd of 70,000 - 75,000 at this game. What will be the security criteria regards segregation of fans? and the fair & equal allocation of tickets so that this game won't be a mirror of a game at the piggery?

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boke.

I'm normally a pretty open and fair minded supporter about all sorts of scenarios and events regarding our great Club but this does my head in at what to me is a disgusting idea that flies in the face of everything our club prides itself in.

I'm not saying that almost 2 million Catholics equate to 2 million Ra Shellic fans, but they don't have a team called the Boston Celtics for nothing IMO.

Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston

Basic information Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Territory Counties of Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth (the towns of Mattapoisett, Marion, and Wareham excepted)

Population 1,845,758 Catholics

Rite Roman Rite Patron Saint Patrick

To often many on this board have chastised the club for not making inroads in to the US, we have not done enough to expose the club to the rest of the world, so now they propose to play an old firm match in the US, suddenly the club is doing the wrong this doh No matter that many do not enjoy being linked with the other half of Glasgow, to deny the pulling power of the "Old Frim" brand is foolish & cutting your nose of to spite your face.Our joint shirt sponsor deals have been hgiher due to the "brand" and would never have reached the vlaue it is currently at if we negotiated our own individual deal.The derby is recognised as the best & most passionate in the world, many professionals have confirmed nothing compares to it, using that uniqueness to gain a wider & more present image in the footballing world cannot be a bad thing.We are a club with debts, we are a club looking to develop new avenues for marketing & retail opportunities ... we have to take every chance we can.

I'm normally all for Rangers playing in other Countries ( Australia preferably ) to let the O/S bears see the team, though in this instance I'm dead against it for several reasons.

1: A 'Friendly againt C*ltic' ???? Aye! that will be the fucking day.All of a sudden we are all pally wally with Dr. Dossier and Lie-well who have been insinuating we have been aided by corrupt and biased refereeing all season.

2:Who suggested this in the 1st place and who is making money out of this and where exactly is the profit going to?.

3:Boston....For fuck sake. Why don't we just play it outside the Vatican and be done with it.

4: They are talking of a crowd of 70,000 - 75,000 at this game. What will be the security criteria regards segregation of fans? and the fair & equal allocation of tickets so that this game won't be a mirror of a game at the piggery?

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boak.

I'm normally a pretty open and fair minded supporter about all sorts of scenarios and events regarding our great Club but this does my head in at what to me is a disgusting idea that flies in the face of everything our club prides itself in.

I'm not saying that almost 2 million Catholics equate to 2 million Ra Shellic fans, but they don't have a team called the Boston Celtics for nothing IMO.

Basic information Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Territory Counties of Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Plymouth (the towns of Mattapoisett, Marion, and Wareham excepted)

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! (tu):sherlock:

To often many on this board have chastised the club for not making inroads in to the US

Aye the message boards are full of people complaining that Rangers have never played the sporting wing at NORAID Central, have been for years.

5:Go read the spin of the GFITW on their KDS forum about this and it would make you fucking dry boak.

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Why on earth does it have to be boston? Can no-one else see what is going on here? It's plastic paddy central in Boston. FFS noraid were founded there,you know? Those guys that used to go around collecting money for the IRA, telling people "just 10 cents folks, 10 cents and you could kill a british soldier." These plastics are imo 10x worse for bigotry than their counterparts in Scotland. The media will be biased towards Celtic, who will gain loads from this game, as all the Irish immigrants will come out in support for them. We will gain nothing from this game, and imo it would be a PR disaster for us. We should be nowhere near it.

I want us to go to places like the US/Canada/Australlia and that more often but this isn't exactly what I had in mind.....

Great reply, and that's exactly what it gives me ! 00000042.gif10310.gif

Here's some other facts for you:

ProtestantsSurveys in the 1990s reveal that most Americans claiming Irish origin are Protestant. The Scotch-Irish who settled in the back country of colonial America were largely Presbyterians. The establishment of many settlements in the remote back-country put a strain on the ability of the Presbyterian Church to meet the new demand for qualified, college-educated clergy. Religious groups such as the Baptists and Methodists had no higher education requirement for their clergy to be ordained, and these groups readily provided ministers to meet the demand of the growing Scotch-Irish settlements.[36] By about 1810, Baptist and Methodist churches were in the majority, and the descendants of the Scotch-Irish today remain predominantly Baptist or Methodist.[37] They were avid participants in the revivals taking place during the Great Awakening from the 1740s to the 1840s. They take pride in their Irish heritage not because they are attached to the place called Ireland but because they identify with the values ascribed to the Scotch-Irish who played a major role in the American Revolution and in the development of American culture.[38] The strongly held religious beliefs of the Scotch-Irish led to the emergence of the Bible Belt, where evangelical Protestantism continues to play a large role today

According to census data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2004, Irish Australians are, by religion, 46.2% Roman Catholic, 15.3% Anglican, 13.5% other Christian denomination, 3.6% other religions, and 21.5% as "No Religion".

The high percentage of Catholics is largely the result of descendants of Irish immigrants.

Yeah but that just adds to the problem since alot of those protestant Irish-Americans are ignorant of their roots and have bought in to the whole plastic paddy mentality as well. They also dont have a sense of community like the tims, since they spread out over a much wider area, and over the years have assimilated into the american community. So they would consider themselves to be american as opposed to Irish. Trying to win them over as a community would be futile imo.

I live in the heartland of America and only get home once every 2 or 3 years. I am already planning the road trip for this game, I have friends who live 2 hours away from Boston, I am all up for this game, even if it is meaningless, for fans based over here like myself, this is fantastic.

We are always complaining that we do not cater to all of our fanbase, well, if this comes off, I will say a huge thank you to the club for catering to me!

Nah get yerself to fuck :sherlock: I will never ever be supportive of a friendly with they dirty bead rattling bass's! I'm sure theres some other way we can enhance our name, surely we could arrange a friendly with a big side from Spain or England over in the U.S? Alot of teams choose the U.S for pre-season

A friendly with celtc :anguish: in Boston of all places