Every minute of every league game...

Muff

That is what David Weir has played this season, plus cup, and Champions League matches...

An incredible record, and he's sailed through 99% of those games - an absolutely outstanding player, a true Rangers captain, and a model professional, take a bow :praise:

Will he be here next season, I think so. A new one-year deal is on the table, and he will sign on.

Held the back four together once again today, timed every ball, and kept Stokes in his back pouch... his celebrations on the 94th minute said it all...

And to think there are fans in our ranks who whinge and moan because we signed him...and not only signed him, Wattie has got the gall to actually select him for the team every week.

Just goes to show you that you don't need a long neck to prove you are a Goose.

Brilliant show from the big man again. Did he actually raise a sweat out there today?

Congrats Davie and thanks for all you have done. Legend indeed.:praise:

173 apperances, 63 Scotland Caps (13 with Rangers)

Two SPL Titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 2 League cups a UEFA Cup final apperance.

David Weir has been to Walter Smith this time around, what Richard Gough was to him in his first spell and he's been what Butcher was to Souness and both of those players have Hall Of Fame places.

People are quick to almost overlook his achievements and performances because he's not a glamorous name and they are playing out before our very eyes each and every week.

However in years to come people will realise that David Weir has been one of the most important and significant players in Rangers modern (I'm talking about my lifetime which is 21 years) history.

People often talk about how Walter Smith and Ally McCoist came when duty called, but at 36 years old David Weir upped sticks and left the comfort of semi retirement on Everton's bench and his family to fight for the cause and he is still here now.

I hold him in the highest, highest regard for that and I cannot thank him enough.

David Weir. Rangers Legend :praise:

173 apperances, 63 Scotland Caps (13 with Rangers)

Two SPL Titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 2 League cups a UEFA Cup final apperance.

David Weir has been to Walter Smith this time around, what Richard Gough was to him in his first spell and he's been what Butcher was to Souness and both of those players have Hall Of Fame places.

People are quick to almost overlook his achievements and performances because he's not a glamorous name and they are playing out before our very eyes each and every week.

However in years to come people will realise that David Weir has been one of the most important and significant players in Rangers modern (I'm talking about my lifetime which is 21 years) history.

People often talk about how Walter Smith and Ally McCoist came when duty called, but at 36 years old David Weir upped sticks and left the comfort of semi retirement on Everton's bench and his family to fight for the cause and he is still here now.

I hold him in the highest, highest regard for that and I cannot thank him enough.

David Weir. Rangers Legend :praise:

Top post (tu)